HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Jan 20, 2023, 7:45 PM

Woke work place haha

What describes that precisely? Sounds like CMHR potential issues are the opposite of that.

I'd consider my workplace fairly liberal. And there are no eggshells to be walked on. It's just called being respectful.

Old Posted Jan 20, 2023, 7:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
Woke work place haha

What describes that precisely? Sounds like CMHR potential issues are the opposite of that.
That's assuming the allegations are true.

Old Posted Jan 20, 2023, 10:06 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luisito View Post
Sounds like a toxic work environment. Pretty much any woke work place will be like that now a days. You have to walk on eggshells and be on pins and needles.

Haven't been there and have no plans on going. Maybe if it was free I would go. I like the building though, it has an interesting design.
Racism is called out everywhere nowadays, having manners is now racist, being on time is now racist, math is now racist!

believe that the CMHR is offering more free days, think Friday nights are now free, seriously who would pay to visit it!?

Old Posted Jan 21, 2023, 4:43 AM

It says her initial report was released so I guess that would be your proof. I would think the report would have examples as well.

Old Posted Jan 21, 2023, 6:08 PM

Right wings nutz: WAKE UP!!!

Also right wing nutz: YOU'RE TOO WOKE!!!

Old Posted Jan 21, 2023, 8:10 PM

Here is an actual report about what happened at the CMHR
Video Link

Old Posted Feb 18, 2023, 9:17 PM

$5 admission to the CMHR all month. I went for a visit to reacquaint myself with it... it is such an epic building.

Old Posted Dec 22, 2023, 1:35 AM

Palestine supporters hold demonstration inside Canadian Museum for Human Rights

Dozens of pro-Palestinian protesters stormed the Canadian Museum for Human Rights Sunday morning to bring attention to the human rights crisis in Gaza during the ongoing Israel-Hamas war. The rally was organized by several support and solidarity groups, including Queers for Palestine and Peace Alliance. “We hope that the museum hears us ask for Palestinian voices to be heard,” said co-organizer Alison Moule.

The rally took place on Human Rights Day -- 75 years after the signing of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights on Dec. 10, 1948. “It’s also 75 years that Palestine has been occupied,” said Ramsey Zeid with the Canadian Palestinian Association of Manitoba. “The Nakba happened on May 15, 1948 which has also been 75 years. So it’s been 75 years of oppression.”

Demonstrators say the museum does not mention the 1948 Nakba, or the expulsion and flight of Palestinians. They also claim the museum excludes Palestinians from its exhibits. “There are exhibits that focus on genocides globally, but there is almost no exhibit that mentions Palestine and the Palestinian liberation struggle,” Moule said.

The museum said it does include stories that touch on Palestinian experiences. In a statement to CTV News, the museum’s vice president of exhibitions Matthew Cutler said the museum has “been working with the Palestinian-Canadian community to develop new gallery content that will help Canadians better understand the human rights violations Palestinians experience every day.”

Cutler added, “Our galleries will never be able to capture every element and experience of human rights. We are thankful for upstanders, protesters, educators and others who, like in today’s protest, add context, perspectives and stories to complement what we are able to offer in our galleries.”

During the rally, dozens of demonstrators staged a 64-minute “die-in,” with each minute representing each day since the current conflict began on Oct. 7 when Hamas militants attacked Israel. The die-in aimed to bring attention to the thousands of Palestinians killed by Israel’s retaliation.

source: https://winnipeg.ctvnews.ca/pro-pale...ghts-1.6681745

------

Believe it or not, I recall hearing stories of Israel's treatment of the Palestinians being deliberately excluded from the CMHR due to political reasons (Asper's were notoriously pro-Israel). IN fact, I can recall hearing stories of when Gail Asper, or Friends of the CMHR were being interviewed on the radio, reports circulated that some callers were hung up on when they brought up the issue of the treatment of the Palestinains.

Old Posted Dec 22, 2023, 4:33 PM
BANNED

The plight of the Palestinian's just never fit the narrative of the so called human rights museum.

Did anyone actually think it would?

Old Posted Dec 22, 2023, 4:53 PM
Project manger

Wonder if they will show the dead people of Israel at the hand of Hamas?
The IDF targets Hamas and yes there are civilian casualties ( which we should expect to be better mitigated and avoided at all cost ). Hamas targets Civilians and calibrates.
BOTH ARE COMMITING TERRIBLE ACTS.

Old Posted Dec 22, 2023, 8:08 PM

This has been going on for 1000's of years and basically at this point will never end unless Palestine is allowed to be a free country with international support. And at this point again, with the current world order, Israel will continue to dominate.

Old Posted Dec 23, 2023, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHINO View Post
Wonder if they will show the dead people of Israel at the hand of Hamas?
The IDF targets Hamas and yes there are civilian casualties ( which we should expect to be better mitigated and avoided at all cost ). Hamas targets Civilians and calibrates.
BOTH ARE COMMITING TERRIBLE ACTS.
I am a big supporter of Israel, but saying the IDF is "only" targeting Hamas fighters is complete bullshit, and we all know it. If you believe otherwise, you are in denial. There is overwhelming evidence now that Israel is deliberately targeting hospitals, infrastructure, and religious institutions to make life as unbearable as possible for the entire civilian population. Just a few days ago, three Israeli hostages (that had been abandoned), were waving white flags, and asking IDF soldiers to rescue them. All three were shot and killed regardless. If that does not tell people the reality of the conflict, then I am not sure what will.

It would be like denying residential schools ever existed in Canada.At any rate, the fact that the Human Rights abuses against the Palestinians is barely mentioned in the CMHR, tells people all they need to know about the museum itself.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan