HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions

Closed Thread

Old Posted Feb 24, 2023, 8:45 PM
He/his/him. >~<, QED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawford View Post
Professionals with kids generally don't live at Yonge & Dundas or State & Madison, but they do live in Yorkville or Lincoln Park or Gold Coast. Those are very central locations full of strollers and professionals, yet walking distance to core amenities. You have to be a higher income professional, but don't need to be uber-wealthy.

Uptown is basically North York, i.e. nowhere near the core, even if it boasts some degree of ostensibly urban appeal. Too distant and uncool and doesn't have the desired cultural mix.

Well, I live a stone's throw from state and Madison and I'm not the only one with kids in my building. I'm not even the only one on my floor (6 units) with kids. Ok, maybe only like 10/90 units in my condo building have kids, which is going to be a smaller fraction than gold coast, but maybe not by that much. The fact that millennium park is basically next door doesn't hurt...

Old Posted Feb 24, 2023, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCReid View Post
Well, downtown's doing very well:

Downtown Chicago Now Has More Residents Than Before the Pandemic

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/d...152051066.html
It’s a good mini census and survey of the downtown, though the survey covers most of the downtown area and not just the Loop.

But the population increase was obvious because the 2020 census happened right in the middle of the pandemic and vacancy had since gone down in the city m, and household sizes can’t realistically get smaller in the Loop.

Last edited by galleyfox; Feb 24, 2023 at 10:47 PM.

End

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions