HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

Closed Thread

Old Posted Sep 28, 2018, 4:52 PM

I would love to see a VR representation of Trib 2 from rgarri4 while he/she is at it...

Old Posted Sep 28, 2018, 5:08 PM

From my 3D Chicago model.

Old Posted Sep 28, 2018, 5:32 PM

well damn

Old Posted Sep 28, 2018, 6:10 PM
Show me the blueprints

Creamy Jeans

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Sep 29, 2018, 5:28 AM

I need this image to become reality in my life... I don't know how I'll be able to live without it

Old Posted Sep 29, 2018, 7:14 AM

Can we assume that if this, 400 lsd, wps, 1000m are going to stay quiet until the next cycle? Most likely 10 years on the waiting shelf? I still think chicago square and wolf south would be the first to get built in this cycle.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2018, 12:32 PM

I doubt it will be 10 years. From the developments of the last 15-20 years the low hanging fruit is gone, all the easily developed open lots. There won’t be as many projects as in the past, not as many sites. That will trend towards fewer but larger projects. That’s how I see it. Downtown looks nothing like it did in 1998.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2018, 12:54 PM
Plenary pleasures.

It's so massive, Trump is a shrimp compared to it.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2018, 1:01 PM

Yeah if WPS signs SF then it's definitely a lock for this cycle... OCS apparently has financing already so I think that's a like start in the next 12 months too.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2018, 2:16 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentinel View Post
It's so massive, Trump is a shrimp compared to it.
Shrimp with tiny sexual assault hands

Old Posted Sep 29, 2018, 2:52 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWillChicago View Post
Can we assume that if this, 400 lsd, wps, 1000m are going to stay quiet until the next cycle? Most likely 10 years on the waiting shelf? I still think chicago square and wolf south would be the first to get built in this cycle.
That would be a bummer if this waits. Thing with waiting is that the market can change so much in 5-10 years. I'd just hope something like this project isn't delayed to much to the point where its shelved permanently due to unforeseen changes in the market.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2018, 3:11 PM
BANNED

I’d say this is a long shot in any cycle; 1000’s sales haven’t been that strong so probably no; 400 is the big wildcard for this cycle imo bc Related has such deep pockets and the location is so unparalleled. I’d like the view better frim Trib tower, but completely unobstructed lake views are jaw dropping.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2018, 3:18 PM

Imagine the view looking North down Stetson with Aon to your right, 2 prudential + new 900 foot neighbor on your left, and this beast terminating the canyon dead center.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2018, 3:32 PM
BANNED

Yes please

Old Posted Sep 29, 2018, 5:58 PM
Development Shill

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron38 View Post
I doubt it will be 10 years. From the developments of the last 15-20 years the low hanging fruit is gone, all the easily developed open lots. There won’t be as many projects as in the past, not as many sites. That will trend towards fewer but larger projects. That’s how I see it. Downtown looks nothing like it did in 1998.
Nope nope nope. There are still tons of lots left downtown, they just are south of Jackson. Lots of easy to develop locations there and on fringe downtown neighborhoods like the West Loop, River West, River North, Near South Side, etc. I don't see at all how you could come to the conclusion that there would be fewer but larger projects after this cycle. All this cycle did for me was validate the fact that projects between 10-40 stories can be built anywhere at any time and succeed.

I agree that it won't be 10 years though, as 400LSD is close to a guarantee with Related, the Tribune site is already being converted into condos, so no time was being wasted there, Wolf Point is a guarantee with the anchor(hopefully a height bump takes place though), the tower at Union Station is a guarantee as well, really leaving 1000M as the odd one out, and who knows if they'll pull the trigger on building that thing with how slow going the sales are.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2018, 6:09 PM
All-American City Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgarri4 View Post
From my 3D Chicago model.
So is this VR, like you can put on a headset and look around?
4. Chicago Board of Trade - Chicago - Holabird & Root - Photo
5. Cathedral of Learning - Pittsburgh - Charles Klauder - Photo

Old Posted Sep 29, 2018, 7:57 PM
DENNAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumdogmillionaire View Post
Nope nope nope. There are still tons of lots left downtown, they just are south of Jackson. Lots of easy to develop locations there and on fringe downtown neighborhoods like the West Loop, River West, River North, Near South Side, etc. I don't see at all how you could come to the conclusion that there would be fewer but larger projects after this cycle. All this cycle did for me was validate the fact that projects between 10-40 stories can be built anywhere at any time and succeed.

I agree that it won't be 10 years though, as 400LSD is close to a guarantee with Related, the Tribune site is already being converted into condos, so no time was being wasted there, Wolf Point is a guarantee with the anchor(hopefully a height bump takes place though), the tower at Union Station is a guarantee as well, really leaving 1000M as the odd one out, and who knows if they'll pull the trigger on building that thing with how slow going the sales are.
Right, it's not like Chicago lacks space. The city can always expand outwards as well, unlike say, Manhattan.

I'm surprised about 1000M, you'd think right next to the park they'd have no problem selling units. Although out of all those projects it seems to be the least important. Another 1,400+ in downtown Chicago is just too awesome to think about, I honestly thought this project was a pipe dream at first and am very happy that doesn't seem to be the case

Which one is the Union Station tower, by the way?

Last edited by Zapatan; Sep 29, 2018 at 9:16 PM. Reason: Typo

Old Posted Sep 29, 2018, 8:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatan View Post
Right, it's not like Chicago lacks space. The city can always expand outwards as well, unlike say, Manhattan.

I'm surprised about 1000M, you'd think right next to the park they'd have to problem selling units. Although out of all those projects it seems to be the least important. Another 1,400+ in downtown Chicago is just too awesome to think about, I honestly thought this project was a pipe dream at first and am very happy that doesn't seem to be the case

Which one is the Union Station tower, by the way?
This is the Union Station thread: http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...25#post8318525

Agreed on all points from the above few posts. 1,400 feet is going to be so huge that it's really hard to even imagine it in my head.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2018, 9:18 PM
DENNAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonoboZill4 View Post
This is the Union Station thread: http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...25#post8318525

Agreed on all points from the above few posts. 1,400 feet is going to be so huge that it's really hard to even imagine it in my head.
Cool thanks.

It's not that hard to imagine, just take a look at Sears Tower (which structurally is more like 1,730 feet tall).

1,400+ really isn't that far fetched considering Chicago built the first 1,400 footer over 45 years ago.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2018, 5:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatan View Post
Cool thanks.

It's not that hard to imagine, just take a look at Sears Tower (which structurally is more like 1,730 feet tall).

1,400+ really isn't that far fetched considering Chicago built the first 1,400 footer over 45 years ago.
Haha, I more meant it in the fact that right now the Sears tower has no building that is even close to it in height, and for me it is hard to envision a skyline with two distinctly/noticeably larger buildings than the rest

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals