HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Apr 29, 2010, 9:49 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicelord John View Post
Maybe me meant the stupid ass shit that people do with things like "cenpho" "JSED"

I want to punch every mother fucker that says stuff like that in the wiener.
Yeah that kinda bothers me too. I'm guessing the origin of all of that comes from people who envy the creativeness of SoHo = South of Houston St. in New York.

Old Posted Jun 1, 2010, 10:48 PM

Anybody know why Jackson St. is closed from 1st to 3rd streets? I noticed some of those portable offices on the street.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2010, 12:17 AM

Good question but have no idea. I saw that it was closed last week but assumed it was Suns related. If Sing Hi is open I would call them and ask because they are right there and affected.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2010, 2:18 AM

I wondered the same. I also thought it was SUNS related. We have a mystery to solve!!!!!

Old Posted Jun 2, 2010, 3:08 AM
BANNED

Sing high is on madison

Old Posted Jun 2, 2010, 4:49 AM

I said Sing Hi is right there at the affected area where this mystery work is going on.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2010, 8:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phxbyrd View Post
I said Sing Hi is right there at the affected area where this mystery work is going on.
Maybe it's a parade or a protest walking route( there are people who want to protest and support the bill so they could possiblily be closing off the street for now). Or maybe they're starting the district. Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself with that.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2010, 2:30 PM
BANNED

Maybe the gays are taking over.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2010, 2:52 PM

and property values will rise!!!

Old Posted Jun 2, 2010, 2:55 PM
BANNED

Want a good investment? Fuck school districts and parks, just buy next to gays.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2010, 3:05 PM

Learn from South Beach!!!!

Old Posted Jun 2, 2010, 3:18 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gymratmanaz View Post
Learn from South Beach!!!!
All we need is warm, 85 degree, aqua blue Atlantic water, white sands and we're set!

Old Posted Jun 2, 2010, 8:31 PM

whatever it was, it's gone now.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2010, 9:05 PM

Old Posted Jun 19, 2010, 10:06 PM
BANNED

That project, though not officially, has been dead for a while.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2010, 10:22 AM

Location: Country Club Park, Greater Coronado, Midtown, Phoenix, Az
So I know this project is more or less dead but I have a question about it anyhow! I suppose this is mostly for Don B and his legal knowledge, but anyone can chime in.

I was thinking about Kansas City's Power and Light District and their more or less open container law for within the district. Here's the important tidbit from WikiP:

Quote:
In 2005, the Cordish Company successfully lobbied the Missouri General Assembly for a new law pertaining to any "entertainment district" in Downtown Kansas City which will allow patrons to remove any alcoholic beverage from any establishment in the District and carry it openly throughout the portions of the District not open to vehicular traffic, provided that the beverage is in a plastic cup marked with the logo of the establishment at which it was purchased
Would it be possible to do something like that in Arizona? Heck get Cindy McCain/The Hensley's to start the lobbying for it! My thought was if you closed Jackson Street from Central to 4th St and 3rd Street from Jackson to Lincoln on Fridays and Saturdays after 7pm or something perhaps a law like this could be worked out.

Anyway, I know JSED is dead on the mat for now, probably forever but if it ever comes back Im thinking a special district loophole like this would really help it stand apart from the other entertainment areas in the Valley. Though I suppose you'd need to be using police to barricade off the roads and doing that every weekend might get costly to the point of it not being worth it, I'm not sure.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2010, 11:36 PM
Skyriser

Most states' liquor laws are stupid. I think our antiquated, Prohibition-era mores and laws about drinking and intoxication are the reason why alcohol is such a problem in the US, not the solution. Selling them out to support local bars (requiring the container to be bought in the area) makes the entire approach even more reprehensible.

You can have an open container anywhere you want in Vegas. If you're not driving and you're over 18, I don't see the issue.

Last call is also stupid. Let's get everyone lightning-quick drunk right before we have to kick them out to drive home, or, have them drive to the store while likely drunk to get more alcohol! What genius came up with that one?

Old Posted Jun 27, 2010, 1:03 AM

Location: Country Club Park, Greater Coronado, Midtown, Phoenix, Az
^I agree 100%, but I realize those things are likely never going to change. I was trying to be pragmatic.

Old Posted Jun 27, 2010, 12:26 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by combusean View Post
Most states' liquor laws are stupid. I think our antiquated, Prohibition-era mores and laws about drinking and intoxication are the reason why alcohol is such a problem in the US, not the solution. Selling them out to support local bars (requiring the container to be bought in the area) makes the entire approach even more reprehensible.

You can have an open container anywhere you want in Vegas. If you're not driving and you're over 18, I don't see the issue.

Last call is also stupid. Let's get everyone lightning-quick drunk right before we have to kick them out to drive home, or, have them drive to the store while likely drunk to get more alcohol! What genius came up with that one?
Ah yes, but doesn't the government just know what's best for you? Obviously, one cannot be trusted to make their own decisions, therefore the government must make them for you. (Just a little sarcasm )

Old Posted May 17, 2012, 2:10 AM

Jackson St. entertainment district in Phoenix fetches just $4.75M

Quote:
A San Francisco real estate investment company is buying the former Jackson Street Entertainment District properties in downtown Phoenix for $4.75 million and could develop apartments there.

An entity called Phoenix Ballpark Properties LLC is purchasing the parcels from ML Manager, the receivership created in 2009 to dispose of Mortgages Ltd. assets after the lender’s bankruptcy.

Chief Operating Officer Mark Winkleman said ML Manager received several bids for the properties, but this was the best and highest offer. The deal closed May 4, he said.

Winkleman said Harold Robinson is one of the principals of Phoenix Ballpark. Robinson, who’s based ...
http://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/p...strict-in.html

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest