HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Aug 2, 2018, 6:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smArTaLlone View Post
https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/...-with-new.html
Quote:
In an appearance before the Buckhead Development Review Committee Wednesday, JLB presented a new design that replaces the majority brick and glass architecture of the 13-story residential tower. The revamped exterior will have the beige masonry look of the surrounding Buckhead Village projects, including the St. Regis Atlanta.

Ziegler Cooper Architects is designing the project, which will redevelop the site known as 99 West Paces Ferry Road.

JLB could begin demolition of existing buildings on its three-acre site by early next year.

The developer could break ground sometime later in 2019 on the first phase of the project, which includes 313 apartments and just under 6,000 square feet of street-level retail.
Apparently this is the first Atlanta project for Houston's Ziegler Cooper Architects. Glad to see new talent bringing its ideas to our town!

Old Posted Aug 2, 2018, 6:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sura View Post
Tower looks nice, name is douchey as hell.
I wish we could break the habit of trying to come up with catchy names for new projects, and just let them go by their address.

I'm sure the fire and police departments would appreciate it, too.

Old Posted Aug 4, 2018, 1:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Apparently this is the first Atlanta project for Houston's Ziegler Cooper Architects. Glad to see new talent bringing its ideas to our town!
I agree. Developers can tend to repeat the same formula over and over. I think its been good for the city to have some out of town developers and architects that have done things a little different.

I also think this is an improvement.

Old Posted Aug 4, 2018, 2:48 PM

I am envious of all the growth and quality designs going up in Buckhead. Looking forward to this project being complete.

Old Posted Aug 4, 2018, 2:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
I am envious of all the growth and quality designs going up in Buckhead. Looking forward to this project being complete.
I agree. I love seeing all areas of the city grow well, but Buckhead's residential mid- and high-rises are the best.

Old Posted Aug 4, 2018, 9:26 PM

The Buckhead Village development is phenomenal, but without rail transit, the area is truly becoming a clusterf*ck with each additional residential highrise.

Just drive in the area during the evening rush hour, and you'll yearn for the Midtown and downtown grid.

Old Posted Aug 5, 2018, 2:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLMidcity View Post
The Buckhead Village development is phenomenal, but without rail transit, the area is truly becoming a clusterf*ck with each additional residential highrise.

Just drive in the area during the evening rush hour, and you'll yearn for the Midtown and downtown grid.
I wish there was a Marta stop at Amour Yards.

Old Posted Aug 5, 2018, 2:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sura View Post
I wish there was a Marta stop at Amour Yards.
Beltline EST LRT will at least connect in to armour yards.

Lindbergh is a mile from the eastern edge of Pharr Road and more than 2 miles from the furthest portions of east Andrews that have seen development, recently. It is silly that Atlanta tends to develop so much away from its HRT stations rather than actual legitimate TOD’s

Old Posted Aug 5, 2018, 2:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLMidcity View Post

For whatever reason -- maybe the street grid -- I'm usually able to navigate pretty easily in the Village. Yesterday traffic was moving well at rush hour.

I hit slower traffic up around Lenox Square. Although they have two train stations there, it can still be slow around the mall and the 400 interchange.

Old Posted Aug 22, 2018, 10:31 PM

Portman Holdings looks at new Buckhead Village hotel

https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/...d-village.html
Quote:
Atlanta developer Portman Holdings LLC is eyeing a new hotel concept for the expanding Buckhead Village.

In recent months, Portman Holdings has been quietly working on a deal buy the Sobu Flats condo building on East Paces Ferry Road, a property that dates back to the early 1950s.

Early concepts have focused on an adaptive reuse of the 130-unit condo building that converts the property into a mid-century styled boutique hotel, according to sources familiar with discussions.
Quote:
The potential deal follows the company’s announcement in May that one of its affiliates acquired a boutique hotel site along the Beltline Eastside Trail in Atlanta’s Old Fourth Ward neighborhood.

Old Posted Sep 3, 2018, 9:11 PM

The growing density in the Village

https://www.reddit.com/r/Atlanta/com...e_mavic_2_pro/

Old Posted Sep 5, 2018, 10:18 AM
BANNED

Lennar development going next to Hanover's apartment on Roswell Road.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2018, 3:57 PM
BANNED

First look at Edens and Great Gulf Residential project in Buckhead Village

https://webcache.googleusercontent.c...nt=firefox-b-1

Old Posted Sep 5, 2018, 5:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta3000 View Post
First look at Edens and Great Gulf Residential project in Buckhead Village

I was not aware of this one. It looks like they included The Irby which is under construction, in their rendering. I'm assuming that this is just a conceptual rendering and not the actual tower that Great Gulf is proposing.

Last edited by smArTaLlone; Sep 5, 2018 at 5:33 PM.

Old Posted Sep 7, 2018, 4:46 PM

Regent Partners / Loudermilk plan $80M Buckhead hotel

https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/...-buckhead.html

Quote:
A roughly $80 million project planned for the Buckhead Village will bring a hip new hotel brand to Atlanta.

Two prominent Atlanta developers, Regent Partners LLC and The Loudermilk Cos., are teaming up on the approximately 200-room boutique hotel.

It would come to 371 East Paces Ferry Road, the former headquarters of State Bank & Trust Co., and a short walk from The Shops Buckhead Atlanta with its multiple restaurants and designer boutiques including Dior and Tom Ford.

Denver-based Two Roads Hospitality LLC will flag and manage the hotel under its Thompson Hotel collection, which includes The Beekman in Manhattan, along with hotels in Nashville, Chicago and Seattle.

The hope is break ground in second-quarter 2019, with an opening expected in early 2021.

Old Posted Sep 8, 2018, 11:35 AM
BANNED

Another big project is being planned in Buckhead Village. Announcement next week.

Old Posted Sep 9, 2018, 4:00 PM
Closed account

While some are so focused on the negative possibilities wth Amazon, the below article really gets at a strong point, that point being while Amazon may only be projecting 50K jobs within 10-20 yeara, given the rate it's growing, it's also just as possible that Amazon could exceed (even significantly) their 50K jobs projection in a much shorter time frame...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.bus...ir-city-2018-8

"When Amazon relocated its headquarters to Seattle's South Lake Union in 2010, the company was far from the behemoth it is today. City planners estimated that the company's 1.6 million square feet of office space would bring around 6,000 new employees to the area - a number that has since risen to around 45,000."

Old Posted Sep 10, 2018, 10:20 AM
BANNED

The same company (CA Ventures) who is planning a development at 3rd & Ponce is the same developer planning a 23 story tower in Buckhead Village.

Old Posted Sep 10, 2018, 3:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta3000 View Post
The same company (CA Ventures) who is planning a development at 3rd & Ponce is the same developer planning a 23 story tower in Buckhead Village.

I like that they are keeping building heights in the Village relatively modest. If I'm not mistaken their SPI is zoned for a maximum of 225 feet, which yields a nice pedestrian environment.

Old Posted Sep 10, 2018, 9:13 PM
BANNED

SEPTEMBER 10, 2018|TONY WILBERT
Chicago Developer Plans Atlanta Apartment Tower
CA Ventures Submits Plans for 22-Story High-Rise in Buckhead

http://product.costar.com/home/news/...95231?market=1

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta