HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Jan 27, 2023, 3:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-tacular View Post
Part of the irony of parenthood so far is that you can never appreciate the phase that you're in in the moment. Exhaustion really does a number on your patience and ability to live in the moment.

The term threenager isn't for nothing. Apparently the changes in the brain at that age are similar to the teenage years. Things to look forward to Lol! At least it must be nice to see them grow into young adults and develop talents and interests?
I totally agree about how hard it is to appreciate the phase that you're in in the moment. Those first few years in particular when the kids are young are such a grind. I can understand why grandparents get so excited about grandchildren... it's a chance to relive the happiness and joy of babies and young kids but without the exhaustion and drudgery that, for better or for worse, generally comes along with it.

My kids are 9 and 7 and it is tons of fun. It does feel like they're in a certain sweet spot right now where they are old enough to do a lot of things and share a lot of interests (my son in particular is a bit of a mini-me), but they're still young enough to want to be with their parents. I'm trying to enjoy it while it lasts!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada