HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

One Oak in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • San Francisco Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
San Francisco Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Oct 31, 2021, 6:44 PM

Ha! I just saw the original proposal next to the title of this thread. Great reminder of how downhill these things can go.

Old Posted Oct 31, 2021, 8:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hruski View Post
Off-topic, but does anyone else find socketsite's editorial style aggravating? Each sentence begins with about 3 prepositional phrases, and the lede of each post tends to be buried about 3/4 of the way in.
The bad statistical analyses and belligerence are what put me off.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2021, 8:47 PM
你的媽媽

It got uglier but at least the number of units went up.

Old Posted May 26, 2022, 3:31 PM
你的媽媽

Old Posted May 26, 2022, 3:36 PM

A little bit less ugly than the last set of renderings. Overall I think I can live with this design, I'd just be happy to see something tall get built there at this point.

Old Posted May 26, 2022, 3:38 PM
你的媽媽

Quote:
Originally Posted by unpermitted_variance View Post
A little bit less ugly than the last set of renderings. Overall I think I can live with this design, I'd just be happy to see something tall get built there at this point.
Agreed. I like that they brought back the taper at the top, which it seems was removed from the most recent renderings prior to this. I like that they added the outdoor terraces on the "back" side facing the 13th floor amenity deck/podium to help break up the massing, but would've liked them to retain the outdoor terrace on the Market and Van Ness side as well, just for more visual interest. But at this point, let's just get it done.

Old Posted May 26, 2022, 6:20 PM

I am not excited with this latest version. The original concept was much more dynamic. BUT, I am glad to see this important site still in play.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2022, 4:50 PM

San Francisco Planning Dept. NOTICE for hearing on June 16, 2022
I had not realized that my camera cut off part of the notice until I got home, but there is enough information. I will go back to get a full photo of the notice later. Good to see movement on this project!

ONE OAK STREET - San Francisco Planning Department NOTICE

Old Posted Jun 12, 2022, 4:59 PM

This information from the San Francisco Planning Department web site:

Notice is hereby given to the general public that applications involving the properties and/or issues described below have been filed with the Planning Department for review as set forth in the City Planning Code. The Planning Commission intends to hold a PUBLIC HEARING on these items and on other matters on Thursday, June 16, 2022, beginning at 1:00 p.m. or later. Please be advised that due to the COVID-19 emergency, the Planning Commission may conduct this hearing remotely using videoconferencing technology or in-person at City Hall. Additional information may be found on the Department’s website.

2021-007611DNXSHDVAR, 2009.0159E: 1500-1540 MARKET STREET (AKA “ONE OAK”) – located on the north side of Market Street, bounded by Oak Street to the north and Van Ness Avenue to the east; Lots 001, 002, 003, 004 and 005 in Assessor’s Block 0836 (District 5) – 1) Request for Downtown Project Authorization pursuant to Planning Code Sections 210.2 and 309 to allow a project greater than 50,000 square feet of floor area within the C-3 Zoning District with exceptions for useable open space (Section 135); permitted obstructions (decorative architectural features) over sidewalks (Section 136); exposure (Section 140); reduction of ground-level wind currents (Section 148); lot coverage (Section 249.33); volumetric limitations for roof enclosures and screens (Section 260); and bulk (Section 270); 2) Request for Variance pursuant to Section 305 to permit relief from the strict requirements of the Planning Code related to above-grade parking setback requirements (Section 145.1(c)(1)); and 3) Request for Height Exemption pursuant to Section 305 to permit relief from the strict limits of the Planning Code for the height of the elevator penthouse to accommodate the elevator overrun (Section 260(b)(1)(B)); 4) Adoption of Shadow Findings pursuant to Section 295 that net new shadows attributable to the Project would not adversely affect the use of either Patricia's Green, or Page & Laguna Mini-Park, two properties under the jurisdiction of the Recreation and Park Commission (Section 295); and 5) Adoption of Findings and Adoption of Statement of Overriding Considerations under the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA). The proposed project (“Project”) includes demolition of two, existing buildings containing non-residential uses plus a surface parking lot and construction of a new 40-story building reaching a roof height up to 400 feet tall (approximately 416 feet tall inclusive of mechanical equipment, or 437 feet tall inclusive of elevator overrun and rooftop screening). The Project includes a Gross Floor Area of approximately 455,000 gross square feet of residential uses, and approximately 2,500 gross square feet of ground floor retail use, with a total of 460 dwelling units comprised of 100 studio units, 159 one-bedroom units, and 201 two-bedroom units. The Project includes 112 off-street accessory parking spaces and 3 car share spaces contained within a parking stacker, 1 off-street freight loading space and 2 off-street service loading vehicle spaces, and 190 Class 1 and 25 Class 2 bicycle parking spaces. To further activate the ground floor experience, the Project includes construction of a public plaza and shared public way within a portion of the Oak Street right-of-way (Oak Plaza). At a later date, the Project Sponsor will seek approval of an In-Kind Fee Waiver Agreement pursuant to Planning Code, to provide certain additional public realm improvements within Oak Plaza. These additional public realm improvements are subject to the Planning Commission’s separate and future approval of the Project Sponsor’s In-Kind Fee Waiver Agreement. The subject property is located within the C-3-G (Downtown General) Zoning District, 120/400-R-2 and 120-R-2 Height and Bulk Districts, and Van Ness & Market Downtown Residential Special Use District. A Planning Commission approval at the public hearing would constitute the Approval Action for the project for the purposes of CEQA, pursuant to San Francisco Administrative Code Section 31.04(h). For further information, call Nicholas Foster at (628) 652-7330 or email at nicholas.foster@sfgov.org and ask about Case Nos. 2021-007611DNXSHDVAR, 2009.0159E.

Old Posted Jul 15, 2022, 4:36 AM

Looks like it passed the planning department. I only give it a 25% chance of getting built.

http://www.sfchronicle.com/sf/articl...t-17306254.php

Old Posted Jul 16, 2022, 1:54 AM
DENNAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by theskysthelimit View Post
Looks like it passed the planning department. I only give it a 25% chance of getting built.

http://www.sfchronicle.com/sf/articl...t-17306254.php
What makes you say that?

Old Posted Jul 16, 2022, 3:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatan View Post
What makes you say that?
Well reading the article, the developer said that it is unlikely to get funded. This project has been going on for quite sometime and if they could not get funding during the good times with almost free Money, interest rates, it does not look promising during these times.

Old Posted Apr 11, 2023, 11:11 PM

Old Posted Apr 12, 2023, 12:24 AM
你的媽媽

Not surprising but disappointing nonetheless.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2023, 1:24 AM

I was hopeful. At my age I doubt that I will ever see this spot developed. Maybe a much smaller building will happen. I am so happy with 30 Van Ness across the street is in construction!

Old Posted Apr 14, 2023, 2:49 AM

Just a thought. Maybe the developer who wants to build a skyscraper in the Sunset (which will never be approved) would take over this spot?

Old Posted Apr 14, 2023, 6:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unpermitted_variance View Post
thats sad, i really liked this project. that corner is so ugly...

Old Posted Dec 12, 2023, 3:31 AM

SFist says that: "SF Business Times reports that the long-proposed One Oak apartment tower has surrendered the site to its banking lender, amidst a reported $44 million in outstanding debt." More sad news. There were some beautiful proposals for the site.

Old Posted Dec 12, 2023, 3:29 PM

Ugh... still waiting for the next SF high rise to break ground

Old Posted Dec 13, 2023, 6:02 AM
DENNAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillynova View Post
Ugh... still waiting for the next SF high rise to break ground
I guess the best bet is to have the 500 footer on Van Ness continue or maybe the new 70+ story tower in Rincon Hill break ground.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals