HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

Old Posted Feb 21, 2019, 5:34 AM
build awesome buildings

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgrath618 View Post
It seems as if Phase I has been submitted to CDR!
https://www.phila.gov/CityPlanning/p...DR_reduced.pdf
This is a very important project and one i’m thrilled to see moving forward. I was coming back from nyc just this past weekend and was scoping this site on the train, hoping there’d be some movement. needless to say, this would be a massive boost to the vibrancy of the area and could be a key connecting hub, both in terms of filling some residential development gaps between temple and medical campus and the revamped station. here’s to hoping a project of this scale lifts the entire area - but this is a very encouraging start and a sexy design to boot.

Old Posted Feb 21, 2019, 3:07 PM

North Philly station developers offer peek at first new building proposed on vacant lot

https://www.philly.com/real-estate/c...-20190221.html

Quote:
A nearly block-long mid-rise with gridlike windows and a concrete-panel facade is proposed as the first building to rise as part of the so-called North Station District development plan for the blighted area around Amtrak’s North Philadelphia station.

North Station District LLC, the consortium of real estate investors behind the planned development, is scheduled to present its plan for the seven-story building with 135 dwelling units and ground-floor retail to the Philadelphia Civic Design Review board March 5, according to the board’s website.

The 10 North Station mid-rise, which would run along the south side of Indiana Avenue from Broad Street until close to 15th Street, would be the first project of what could be 1.7 million square feet of new homes, research labs, and offices on now vacant warehouses and empty lots.

Additional projects include a retail building along the rail tracks south of the residential mid-rise, the transformation of an 180,000-square-foot derelict industrial building to the west into work spaces, and improved connections to the historic Amtrak station building, according to documents posted to the CDR board’s website.

The project’s backers, which include HFZ Capital Group of New York, acquired the project site for $2.1 million in mid-2016 from Amtrak and SEPTA.

The CDR board offers suggestions on the city’s biggest development proposals as part of Philadelphia’s planning process.

Old Posted Oct 18, 2019, 7:56 PM
Philly Pholly

Some Old renderings

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
That's the overall master plan. Phase 1 includes the two buildings fronting Broad Street, and a rehab of an existing warehouse on site in the back along 16th Street.

and some others
North Station District

North Station District 2

https://www.hfzcap.com/portfolio/north

Last edited by SEFTA; Oct 18, 2019 at 8:20 PM.

Old Posted Oct 18, 2019, 8:03 PM

^ I don't believe any of those are new, I've seen all of those before.

Old Posted Dec 23, 2019, 3:44 PM

Looks like this project received additional state grant funding back on November 15th:

http://www.senatorsharifstreet.com/s...h-philadelphia

Temple University '18 ']['

Old Posted Dec 24, 2019, 3:00 PM
Cory Trevor Leahy

I just recently got an update on this project-- it is (very) slowly moving forward, but moving forward nonetheless.

Old Posted Feb 3, 2020, 3:55 AM

This project is so pivital for Temple Health ,the city and N.Philly . The state and the city should be pushing this forward and placing it onthe front burner ..i

Old Posted Feb 3, 2020, 2:29 PM

yeah, this project makes a lot of sense, especially in regards to transit oriented development. Only other spot in the city that has all the regional rail lines and Amtrak passing through, in addition to the BSL.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2021, 1:20 PM

Sorry to bump such an old thread with news that is by now a few months old, but I think it’s important enough. This got some permits in October:

ZONING PERMIT
ZP-2020-005160

Quote:
ZONING PERMIT (ZONING)
Type of work
NEW CONSTRUCTION, ADDITION, GFA CHANGE
FOR THE ERECTION OF A DETACHED STRUCTURE. SIZE AND LOCATION AS PER PLANS.
Permit status
ISSUED
Date issued
Oct. 06, 2020
https://li.phila.gov/Property-Histor...ZP-2020-005160

Does anyone know what’s going on with this development? A recent thread about North Philadelphia Station on another website about trains made me look this up.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2021, 8:03 PM

Hey Mcgrath618, don't forget to check Atlas? for additional information as well. I found this document with specific details (if you want to call it that).

Quote:
135 HOUSEHOLD LIVING UNITS, TO INCLUDE 51 OFFSTREET ACCESSORY PARKING SPACES WITH FOUR (4) ACCESSIBLE
PARKING SPACES
AND 46 ACCESSORY BICYCLE PARKING SPACES; VACANT GRD FLR USE
https://s3.amazonaws.com/eclipse-doc...g/00383152.pdf

This GFA increase is probably for the supposedly formally 6-story 105 unit-apartment building, since the 21-story tower is mixed use. Who knows, the way things seem to be trending, the tower might receive upgraded zoning permits in the coming months too

Nevertheless, as noted by Aaamazarite over 18 months ago, things are indeed moving slowly on this project

Last edited by kool-ski; Jul 30, 2021 at 8:04 PM. Reason: i lomitted a word

Old Posted Jul 30, 2021, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kool-ski View Post
Hey Mcgrath618, don't forget to check Atlas? for additional information as well. I found this document with specific details (if you want to call it that).

https://s3.amazonaws.com/eclipse-doc...g/00383152.pdf

This GFA increase is probably for the supposedly formally 6-story 105 unit-apartment building, since the 21-story tower is mixed use. Who knows, the way things seem to be trending, the tower might receive upgraded zoning permits in the coming months too

Nevertheless, as noted by Aaamazarite over 18 months ago, things are indeed moving slowly on this project

I must admit… I haven’t had much luck with Atlas. Maybe it’s because I’m on mobile, but whenever I search a property I can never find anything.

Thanks for posting that though!

Old Posted Sep 30, 2022, 5:34 PM

I can't disclose much info, but I am very happy to report that this project is very much alive! Expect to hear an announcement by the end of the year/early next year, along with a new, local development team. From what I've seen, the plan is pretty similar to what was originally proposed.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2022, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesPhan View Post
I can't disclose much info, but I am very happy to report that this project is very much alive! Expect to hear an announcement by the end of the year/early next year, along with a new, local development team. From what I've seen, the plan is pretty similar to what was originally proposed.
I cant wait for that area to be re-developed. Passing by on Mt Airy West line is depressing

Old Posted Oct 1, 2022, 1:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesPhan View Post
Thank you for the update, I'm so excited for that area to be revitalized. Hopefully affordable housing is a thing somewhere nearby.

I'm curious there is going to be any major with rebuilding the North Philadelphia station and North Broad street station. Maybe even a fly over track to connect to the Norristown line.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2022, 2:55 PM
Philly Pholly

Great news!

Old Posted Oct 3, 2022, 4:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaNerd View Post
Thank you for the update, I'm so excited for that area to be revitalized. Hopefully affordable housing is a thing somewhere nearby.

I'm curious there is going to be any major with rebuilding the North Philadelphia station and North Broad street station. Maybe even a fly over track to connect to the Norristown line.
No problem! I was excited to actually see that this project is still alive. I will reveal more info once I'm assured that what I saw will be made public. As a daily Manayunk/Norristown rider, I am excited to see both this and the rebirth of the Steel Heddle Building at 21st and Allegheny.

I could see a North Philadelphia Station project getting started with the backing of PennDOT, although something should happen sooner since it is technically out of ADA compliance. Based on some preliminary documents I've seen, however, there is a possibility that we'll see something happen at North Broad sooner than later.

Old Posted Nov 8, 2022, 3:22 PM

Just received another update on this project: it will be developed via a team of two developers--one local and one from out-of-state. Again, this will potentially become public by early to mid 2023.

I may have additional updates for you all over the next week or two.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2023, 7:28 PM

Well, looks like this iteration of the project is official dead.

Developers buy long-vacant site next to North Philadelphia train station, plan massive mixed-use project

Hopefully the new ownership can deliver on something.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2023, 8:09 PM
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanthusiat View Post

Developers buy long-vacant site next to North Philadelphia train station, plan massive mixed-use project

I guess not for at least a year. Hopefully the Ink Factory is the first phase, a sad blight every time I go by on the train.

Some good news in the article (another project)... A half-mile north of the North Philadelphia train station, Shift aims to begin construction in the next three months on both the Beury Hotel, the redevelopment of the Beury Building into a 172-room hotel at 3701 N. Broad St., and an adjacent 113-unit mixed-income housing building.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2023, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanthusiat View Post

I wouldn't expect movement on any development here for the foreseeable future from these developers. Hasn't construction been "imminent" on the Beury Building for nearly a decade now?

Also, the article notes that while they're "reviewing" the former master plan, they're also spending a year in "exploration mode" to "collect community ideas", which I doubt would include any high-rises.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals