HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #221  
Old Posted Sep 15, 2018, 2:20 PM
DePaul Bunyan DePaul Bunyan is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in Chicago View Post
That $800 isn't out of line. Assuming the square footage is correct, that works out to $0.56 per square foot, and that building has door staff. I'm in a sort of similar building without door staff (which is a huge expense) and I'm paying $.54 per square foot, so about the same. That goes to: maintenance of common spaces, interior and exterior, garbage service, RCN 50mpg internet and basic cable, DVR included, payments into a reserve fund. Taxes and insurance on the common spaces, professional management services. Security system and maintenance on 2 elevators. The only special we've had was 10 years ago when we did roof replacement and city-mandated work on the building facade in the same year. The owners pay their own gas and electric - they run under $100 in the cold months, and more in the summer with the AC running.
$800 is insane for a property that you supposedly own. It's like adding rent on top of property taxes and a mortgage.
__________________
"Who does vote for these dishonest shitheads?"

-Hunter S. Thompson (click for full quote)
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #222  
Old Posted Sep 17, 2018, 2:15 AM
Mr Downtown's Avatar
Mr Downtown Mr Downtown is offline
Urbane observer
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,095
Yes, Related tells me they're letting a couple of contractors use the property for staging areas. Those are indeed One Bennett Park panels.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #223  
Old Posted Sep 21, 2018, 2:01 AM
Suiram Suiram is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Downtown View Post
Yes, Related tells me they're letting a couple of contractors use the property for staging areas. Those are indeed One Bennett Park panels.
Makes sense since before they had about 2 acres of staging area but now that they're well into building the park the space available is substantially smaller.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #224  
Old Posted Sep 21, 2018, 5:43 AM
10023's Avatar
10023 10023 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London
Posts: 17,948
Quote:
Originally Posted by DePaul Bunyan View Post
$800 is insane for a property that you supposedly own. It's like adding rent on top of property taxes and a mortgage.
What the hell are you renting for $800/mo?

That seems pretty fair for common charges and maintenance to me. I’ve looked at 2 bedrooms in Brooklyn where the monthly maintenance is over $2k.
__________________
There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #225  
Old Posted Sep 21, 2018, 3:50 PM
Jim in Chicago Jim in Chicago is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by DePaul Bunyan View Post
$800 is insane for a property that you supposedly own. It's like adding rent on top of property taxes and a mortgage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in Chicago View Post
That $800 isn't out of line. Assuming the square footage is correct, that works out to $0.56 per square foot, and that building has door staff. I'm in a sort of similar building without door staff (which is a huge expense) and I'm paying $.54 per square foot, so about the same. That goes to: maintenance of common spaces, interior and exterior, garbage service, RCN 50mpg internet and basic cable, DVR included, payments into a reserve fund. Taxes and insurance on the common spaces, professional management services. Security system and maintenance on 2 elevators. The only special we've had was 10 years ago when we did roof replacement and city-mandated work on the building facade in the same year. The owners pay their own gas and electric - they run under $100 in the cold months, and more in the summer with the AC running.
No, it isn't, did you see the list of stuff that the assessment pays for? My homeowners insurance alone is a fraction of what it was when I owned a house. I added everything up before we moved, and the total outlay is less than we were paying for various services and utilities on the house. A roof replacement on the house cost the equivalent of at leave a couple years assessment on the condo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10023 View Post
What the hell are you renting for $800/mo?

That seems pretty fair for common charges and maintenance to me. I’ve looked at 2 bedrooms in Brooklyn where the monthly maintenance is over $2k.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #226  
Old Posted Sep 22, 2018, 12:11 AM
DePaul Bunyan DePaul Bunyan is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10023 View Post
What the hell are you renting for $800/mo?

That seems pretty fair for common charges and maintenance to me. I’ve looked at 2 bedrooms in Brooklyn where the monthly maintenance is over $2k.
My girlfriend and I pay $1300 for 2BR/1BA with new hardwood, granite/SS kitchen, in-unit W/D, dishwasher, gas and water included. Jetted soaking tub, big walk-in closet. Over 1000 square feet. Crappy studios and 1BR go for $800-1000/month around here (city and suburbs). I had a big 1BR (not updated) with garage parking for $939 a month back in 2015.

Different priorities I guess. I would never live somewhere with $800 a month in condo/HOA fees.
__________________
"Who does vote for these dishonest shitheads?"

-Hunter S. Thompson (click for full quote)

Last edited by DePaul Bunyan; Sep 22, 2018 at 12:28 AM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #227  
Old Posted Sep 27, 2018, 12:41 AM
SoLoop SoLoop is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 11
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #228  
Old Posted Sep 27, 2018, 1:04 AM
bnk's Avatar
bnk bnk is offline
પટેલ. કે ન
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: chicagoland
Posts: 10,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoLoop View Post
Anyone got a link beyond the paywall on this.

I swore I was a subscriber to the Trib and Crains.

Not sure why I'm being blocked out.

EDIT never mind I got though.

EDIT again

Nothing new in the link other than Amazon HQ2 re-visiting the site in the best month ever to see Chicago

Its possible HQ2 could be split 2 to 3 ways and see how things go before they totally leave Seattle ala Boeing.


Beasts the shit out of early March.
__________________
facebook
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #229  
Old Posted Sep 27, 2018, 1:04 AM
marothisu marothisu is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Manhattan
Posts: 4,933
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoLoop View Post
That's good. I'm curious as to how many other cities they made return trips to..
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #230  
Old Posted Sep 27, 2018, 1:37 AM
Notyrview Notyrview is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: New York City
Posts: 1,648
God talk about an epic coup if it actually happens.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #231  
Old Posted Sep 27, 2018, 2:00 AM
SIGSEGV's Avatar
SIGSEGV SIGSEGV is online now
>~< , QED!
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: South Loop, Chicago
Posts: 1,471
It's a relatively good spot as far it goes (a short walk from the Red/Green/Orange Line, and would be a quick/easy shuttle ride from train stations down an extended Wells), but as someone who currently rents in the South Loop and may eventually want to buy something in the area... please go to Lincoln Yards!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #232  
Old Posted Sep 27, 2018, 4:18 PM
F1 Tommy's Avatar
F1 Tommy F1 Tommy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 817
This would be very interesting for Chicago even if they did something like break the second headquarters up between 2 cities. Take out the states situation and Chicagoland would be a no brainer.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #233  
Old Posted Sep 27, 2018, 6:04 PM
gebs's Avatar
gebs gebs is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: South Loop
Posts: 564
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIGSEGV View Post
It's a relatively good spot as far it goes (a short walk from the Red/Green/Orange Line, and would be a quick/easy shuttle ride from train stations down an extended Wells), but as someone who currently rents in the South Loop and may eventually want to buy something in the area... please go to Lincoln Yards!
I think this just means you should buy now and cross your fingers a little harder.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #234  
Old Posted Oct 30, 2018, 6:21 PM
Randomguy34's Avatar
Randomguy34 Randomguy34 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Chicago & Philly
Posts: 1,043
The 78 is going to be on November's plan commission:
Quote:
A proposed planned development submitted by Roosevelt/Clark Partners, LLC., for the property generally located at 101-213 W. Roosevelt Rd and 1200-1558 S Clark Street. The site is currently zoned DS-3 (Downtown Service); the applicant is proposing to rezone the site to a DX-5 (Downtown Mixed Use), and then to a Waterway Business Residential Planned Development. The proposal will establish four subareas (A, B, C and D) with a maximum of 10,000 dwelling units, allow for the development of several mixed-use buildings, allow for ground floor commercial space, publicly accessible open spaces, riverwalk and accessory parking spaces to be built in multiple phases. The applicant may seek 0.65 in bonus FAR (Floor Area Ratio) per the Neighborhood Opportunity Bonus Program, bringing the total FAR of the project to 5.65 (19686; 25th Ward)
https://www.cityofchicago.org/conten...018_Agenda.pdf
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #235  
Old Posted Oct 30, 2018, 6:28 PM
Kngkyle Kngkyle is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Chicago/New York
Posts: 2,394
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomguy34 View Post
The 78 is going to be on November's plan commission:

https://www.cityofchicago.org/conten...018_Agenda.pdf
So that comes to a maximum of 15.2 million sqft of buildings if I'm calculating that correctly. Roughly the size of Hudson Yards but spread out over a much larger site.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #236  
Old Posted Oct 30, 2018, 6:50 PM
Skyguy_7's Avatar
Skyguy_7 Skyguy_7 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,263
The Plan Commission is releasing coded notifications now....

"A proposed planned developMent submitted by Roosevelt/ClArk Partners, LLC., for the property generally located at 101-213 W. Roosevelt Rd and 1200-1558 S Clark Street. The site is currently ZONed DS-3 (Downtown Service); the applicant is proposing to rezone the site to a DX-5 (Downtown Mixed Use), and then to a Waterway Business Residential Planned Development. The proposal will establish four subareas (A, B, C and D) with a maximum of 10,000 dwelling units, allow for the development of several mixed-use buildings, allow for ground floor commercial space, publicly accessible open spaces, riverwalk and accessory parking spaces to be built in multiple phases. The applicant may seek 0.65 in bonus FAR (Floor Area Ratio) per the Neighborhood Opportunity Bonus Program, bringing the total FAR of the project to 5.65 (19686; 25th Ward)"
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #237  
Old Posted Oct 30, 2018, 7:02 PM
LouisVanDerWright LouisVanDerWright is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 6,456
But seriously though... Right on time for instant approval after the post-election announcement of the Amazon HQ2 location...
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #238  
Old Posted Oct 30, 2018, 10:24 PM
left of center's Avatar
left of center left of center is offline
1st Ward
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: The Big Onion
Posts: 1,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyguy_7 View Post
The Plan Commission is releasing coded notifications now....

"A proposed planned developMent submitted by Roosevelt/ClArk Partners, LLC., for the property generally located at 101-213 W. Roosevelt Rd and 1200-1558 S Clark Street. The site is currently ZONed DS-3 (Downtown Service); the applicant is proposing to rezone the site to a DX-5 (Downtown Mixed Use), and then to a Waterway Business Residential Planned Development. The proposal will establish four subareas (A, B, C and D) with a maximum of 10,000 dwelling units, allow for the development of several mixed-use buildings, allow for ground floor commercial space, publicly accessible open spaces, riverwalk and accessory parking spaces to be built in multiple phases. The applicant may seek 0.65 in bonus FAR (Floor Area Ratio) per the Neighborhood Opportunity Bonus Program, bringing the total FAR of the project to 5.65 (19686; 25th Ward)"
I see what you did there
__________________
"Eventually, I think Chicago will be the most beautiful great city left in the world." -Frank Lloyd Wright
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #239  
Old Posted Oct 30, 2018, 11:31 PM
k1052 k1052 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,770
City certainly is making it rain approvals of huge projects recently with the Trib site, LSE, and now this. LY is the only major thing outstanding that I can think of.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #240  
Old Posted Oct 30, 2018, 11:31 PM
marothisu marothisu is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Manhattan
Posts: 4,933
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyguy_7 View Post
The Plan Commission is releasing coded notifications now....

"A proposed planned developMent submitted by Roosevelt/ClArk Partners, LLC., for the property generally located at 101-213 W. Roosevelt Rd and 1200-1558 S Clark Street. The site is currently ZONed DS-3 (Downtown Service); the applicant is proposing to rezone the site to a DX-5 (Downtown Mixed Use), and then to a Waterway Business Residential Planned Development. The proposal will establish four subareas (A, B, C and D) with a maximum of 10,000 dwelling units, allow for the development of several mixed-use buildings, allow for ground floor commercial space, publicly accessible open spaces, riverwalk and accessory parking spaces to be built in multiple phases. The applicant may seek 0.65 in bonus FAR (Floor Area Ratio) per the Neighborhood Opportunity Bonus Program, bringing the total FAR of the project to 5.65 (19686; 25th Ward)"
LOL this made my day.
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 4:09 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.