HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Midwest

Old Posted Nov 11, 2019, 12:36 PM

I think it was always shown to be this height.

Old Posted Nov 14, 2019, 12:56 AM

Flint Angels to launch investor group in partnership with statewide network

Quote:
The formation of a new angel investor group in the state, the Flint Angels, is expected to be announced Monday. The Flint Angels will be a partnership with the Grand Angels of Grand Rapids, which follows the model of other new angel groups around the state.

In February, a partnership with a new angel investor group in Southeastern Michigan, the Woodward Angels, was announced at a meeting at the Shinola Hotel in Detroit.

The Flint Angels will be a legal affiliate of Grand Angels Holding Co. LLC, the holding company for the Grand Rapids-based Grand Angels which does business as the Michigan Capital Network. The Grand Angels are considered the most active angel investor group in Michigan and one of the most active in the Midwest.
Quote:
Hagerman said that he likes the idea of angel investing "but I lack the time and rigor to do proper due diligence. For me, it's easy to fall in love with someone's idea, but having a back-office team helps in determining if there is enough structure in place for an investment to make sense. I fall in love very easily, but a good data point for me is if I'm giving someone a nine or a 10, and everyone else is giving them a four or a five."

"We reduce the risk," said Parker. "We bring people in with a variety of backgrounds together to look at deals. Flint deal flow will largely be what the members are interested in, but the Flint Angels will co-invest in deals statewide. We'll help Flint companies, and we'll help Flint investors reach out geographically."

The plan now is for the Flint Angels to hold six pitch events a year, with entrepreneurs getting the word out on what they are doing and how much money they need.

Parker said he has been meeting with other angel groups around the state and hopes to soon announce a formal relationship with another established angel group.

Old Posted Nov 14, 2019, 11:26 PM

Director says Flint could be right home for Rhythm & Blues Hall of Fame

Quote:
FLINT, MI -- After years of looking for a home for the National Rhythm & Blues Hall of Fame, LaMont Robinson thinks he may have found it in Flint.

Robinson, the founder and executive director of the foundation that’s pushing to build the proposed hall, is asking Flint Mayor Sheldon Neeley to consider helping him bring the project to Flint. Neeley said Thursday, Nov. 14, that he hasn’t been briefed on the proposal, but is willing to listen.

Robinson promoted the idea of Flint as the permanent home of the hall in a news release Wednesday, Nov. 13.

“Flint has a history like no other,” Robinson said. “It would definitely give Flint a boost.”

A virtual hall has existed for years, and the National Rhythm & Blues Hall of Fame Foundation has inducted more than 200 performers, publications, venues and radio stations at annual ceremonies -- most recently in June in Detroit -- while continuing to search for a home.

Past inductees include Michael Jackson, James Brown, B.B. King, Aretha Franklin and Whitney Houston, and Robinson said he wants to honor those who have been recognized in a state-of-the-art institution with a 2,500-seat theater, restaurant, gift shop and after-school music academy.

Flint does seem like an odd location for this. The boost to local tourism and the local economy would be great, though.

Old Posted Dec 5, 2019, 3:06 AM

UM-Flint Murchie Science Building expansion
20191126_105358_HDR by Rob K, on Flickr

Hilton Garden Inn - new steel going up on roof, and granite replacement at street level

20191203_092858_HDR by Rob K, on Flickr

20191203_092934_HDR by Rob K, on Flickr

20191203_092954 by Rob K, on Flickr

20191203_093041 by Rob K, on Flickr

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Midwest