HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction

Jeddah Tower in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Jeddah Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Nov 8, 2009, 8:05 PM

HA! i say good luck trying to build this.

Old Posted Nov 8, 2009, 10:07 PM

i really belivew this can be done, i just hope they can do it, they would just have to face a few engineering problems, which i think if they take the yrs and time to do it, it can be done, this thing would be magnificant if it goes ahead, i probabably can see the foundations for this giant would have to be as deep as any skyscraper in the world. I wonder how else we can find out about this project? bc this is insane ansd i wanna see it go through, that would be awesome

Old Posted Nov 10, 2009, 1:07 AM

if they do decide to go throught this im gonna try to aplly to go oversees and try to get in on to work on this, bc by that time, ill be a fully qualified journeyman carpenter, straight from Calgary Alberta, yeah!!!, itll be awesome money. plus i have operator liscenes etc, and lots of training courses that i am qualified in, i really want this one to pull through

Old Posted Jul 18, 2010, 7:17 PM

Location: enjoying life in Tønsberg the coolest little town in Norway
i hope it gets built to it will certainly kick the middle east skyscraper war into Courusant mode.

and btw we will probably need such structures soon anyway recently read a science report that meant that the worlds population would hit 130 billions by 2100 those people gotta live somewhere.

My flickr photo stream
http://www.flickr.com/photos/infernal_elf/

Last edited by Infernal_Elf; Oct 21, 2010 at 11:19 AM.

Old Posted Oct 17, 2010, 2:53 AM

JEDDAH | Kingdom Tower | +1000m | Photos (Oct 10 2010)

Old Posted Oct 17, 2010, 3:00 AM
Heavy User

^Almost a year without a substantive post and then we get these pictures but no further info? Looks like really really preliminary site testing.

Old Posted Oct 17, 2010, 3:01 AM
Website Manager

thanks for keeping us up to date GA!

Old Posted Oct 17, 2010, 3:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD_Phil View Post
^Almost a year without a substantive post and then we get these pictures but no further info? Looks like really really preliminary site testing.

http://www.bachy-soletanche.com/SBF/...2577B200319A90

Construction of piles and barrettes for the Kingdom Tower

08/05/2010

We have just won our first contract in Saudi Arabia. It concerns a preliminary trial involving two piles and two barrettes, at depths of 45 and 75 m, for the Kingdom Tower in Jeddah (this tower will be taller than the tallest building in the world: The Burj Khalifa Tower in Dubai).

These piles and barrettes have been fitted with Osterberg cells that are already being used on the test barrettes for the Nakheel Tall Tower (Dubai) and the Gazprom Tower (Saint-Petersburg).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan Leblanc View Post
thanks for keeping us up to date GA!
Your welcome

Old Posted Oct 17, 2010, 3:20 AM
Heavy User

^Awesome!

Thanks for replying so quickly!

Old Posted Oct 17, 2010, 3:37 AM

Wow, looks like they GREATLY reduced the height. That's good, because that might increase the likelihood of it getting built.

Old Posted Oct 17, 2010, 7:23 PM
The Time To Build Is Now

As much as we love tall towers, is there really a height limit for when a tower becomes impractical? Is it really necessary to build a 3,000 footer for a real purpose other than to become tall or record holder?

Old Posted Oct 17, 2010, 7:39 PM
Metal Up Your !

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC4Life View Post
As much as we love tall towers, is there really a height limit for when a tower becomes impractical? Is it really necessary to build a 3,000 footer for a real purpose other than to become tall or record holder?
That's what I was thinking. I mean, I'd rather have some density then just a giant tower in the middle of nowhere.

Old Posted Oct 17, 2010, 7:54 PM

its for notoriety. it would never be fully occupied, just like the Burj Dubai or the nakheel tower. These are all just publicity stunts to get emerging countries on the map. Of course it makes no fiscal sense whatsoever. Anything over about 80 stories is rarely ever successful (with the exception of empire state, of course). To me its just sad that any country can simply build 3000 foot towers with absolutely no fiscally responsible grounds to do so, through mass loans and government subsidy. Christ, you can hardly call jeddah a city. Its really all about notoriety in the end nowadays, which is sad. It'll be built through slave labor also, no doubt.

Old Posted Oct 17, 2010, 8:25 PM

the top of the tower will not be residential nor office space anyway

and it will centre a new city (kingdom city) within crowded jeddah

Old Posted Oct 17, 2010, 9:54 PM
Website Manager

Okay guys, lets all cool off now.

Old Posted Oct 18, 2010, 12:17 AM

sent pm to user. . .

Old Posted Oct 18, 2010, 1:15 AM

wow how uninspiring....

Buildings Over 200 Meters 62 Completed 20 Under Construction 50 Proposed 0 On Hold

Old Posted Oct 18, 2010, 1:39 PM

who the hell wants to live 1,000m up?

I just have a bad feeling something will go seriously wrong if/when this gets built.

Old Posted Oct 18, 2010, 7:42 PM

^^ it is still not the final design thu...

قالت شركة المملكة القابضة إنها حققت نمواً في صافي أرباحها خلال الربع الثالث بنسبة 52.6% ليصل الى 160 مليون ريال، مقابل 104.8 مليون ريال للربع المماثل من العام السابق.

وزادت ارباح الربع الثالث بنسبة 18.1% عن تلك المسجلة في الربع الثاني من هذا العام والبالغة 135.4 مليون ريال.

وبلغ إجمالي الربح خلال الربع الثالث 75.3 مليون ريال، مقابل 283.7 مليون ريال للربع المماثل من العام السابق وذلك بانخفاض قدره 73.5%.

وارتفع صافي الربح في الأشهر التسعة الاولى من العام بنسبة 50% مسجلاً 370.7 مليون ريال، مقابل 247.1 مليون ريال للفترة المماثلة من العام الماضي.

وقالت الشركة في بيان على موقع السوق السعودي إن سبب التغير في صافي الربح يعود الى تحسن أداء الشركات الزميلة بالإضافة للدخل من الاستثمار بالرغم من انخفاض توزيعات الأرباح من استثمارات الشركة في أسواق المال.

واضافت ان التغير في إجمالي الإيرادات وإجمالي التكاليف والمصاريف يعود الى تغير طريقة المحاسبة للاستثمارات في شركة فيرمونت رافلز العالمية وشركة الاستثمار العقاري المحدودة من طريقة توحيد القوائم المالية الى طريقة المحاسبة وفق طريقة حقوق الملكية وذلك خلال الربع الثاني من العام الحالي.

------------------

Alwaleed bin Talal

Net income of Kingdom Holding Company up 52.6%

Published Today - 15:25 GMT

Prince Alwaleed bin Talal bin Abdulaziz Alsaud, Chairman of Kingdom Holding Company (KHC), announced the Company's financial results of operations for the third quarter and the nine months ended September 30, 2010. The Company announced net income of SR 160 million (US$42.7 million), an increase of 52.6% when compared to the results for the same quarter of 2009. The consolidated net income for nine months totaled SR 370.7 million, an increase of 50%.

The Company is continuing to experience improving results from its hotel management companies and its owned hotels and associate companies and income on investments.

Prince Alwaleed said "Kingdom Holding Co. continues on the path of profitability through its sound strategic plan. I feel confident that KHC's financial results will continue to grow during the remainder of this year."

Old Posted Oct 18, 2010, 10:11 PM
Heavy User

I don't get the criticisms of the height or isolation of the tower. All of these things were true of great supertalls in the past and I don't see any reason why those factors, alone, should mean anything in terms of the design or height of the tower.

Fiscal questions are also a bit strange. It might be fiscally irresponsible to build this tower, it was fiscally irresponsible to build the Empire State (as we all know) and yet that doesn't stop it from being an important and interesting piece of skyscraper history.

If we're going to critique this tower why not criticize the design or safety or relative integration with present or future development...you know, things we discuss with most other highrise developments. This tower seems like it's one of many recent supertalls (or whatever it is we're calling towers greater than 400 or so meters) that are pyramidal (the London Shard, the Gazprom skyscraper in St. Petersburgh). I'm not crazy about this architectural trend in general but think that with the right materials this could be interesting.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction