HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Downtown & City of Ottawa

The Dale in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Ottawa Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Jan 10, 2024, 3:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley613 View Post
I have noticed, but I'll take a spandrel curtain wall over all brick every day of the week, even if the vision glass is only 20% of the surface. The windows are nice and flush and it breaks up what could otherwise have ended up another 'Ottawa Special' cinder block building with punch hole windows.
Is this a rental building? Explains the low amount of vision glass. Assuming an insulated spandrel has better insulating value than vision glass alone.

Could the spandrels have been coloured darker to blend in during daytime?

Hopefully these are not like the spandrels across from our-lady-of-hintonburg, they were glazed and had a crappy peel and stick coating on the inside pans, which promptly burned in the sun and melted. Always amazes me that there are manufacturers who would put out such obviously shtty products in 2023.

Old Posted Jan 10, 2024, 3:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTownandDown View Post
Is this a rental building? Explains the low amount of vision glass. Assuming an insulated spandrel has better insulating value than vision glass alone.

Could the spandrels have been coloured darker to blend in during daytime?

Hopefully these are not like the spandrels across from our-lady-of-hintonburg, they were glazed and had a crappy peel and stick coating on the inside pans, which promptly burned in the sun and melted. Always amazes me that there are manufacturers who would put out such obviously shtty products in 2023.
Yes both are rentals I believe.

Old Posted Jan 28, 2024, 1:26 AM

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Downtown & City of Ottawa