HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions


Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #101  
Old Posted Dec 4, 2022, 11:21 PM
badrunner badrunner is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 2,552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuri View Post
Because is it a sprawl nightmare and most people like densities here? On the other hand, the “love” is all about local boosterism.
No. This is a thread about Sacramento. You bringing up 500k small cities in South America for some strange reason. That's local boosterism. lol.
     
     
  #102  
Old Posted Dec 4, 2022, 11:40 PM
Yuri's Avatar
Yuri Yuri is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,236
Quote:
Originally Posted by badrunner View Post
No. This is a thread about Sacramento. You bringing up 500k small cities in South America for some strange reason. That's local boosterism. lol.
I mentioned EUROPE and South America. Moreover I don't live in a 500k city in South America and I have no desire to live in one.

You have this weird obsession with me. Get lost. Or better yet: as you're so obsessed with Los Angeles and apparently on the lack of it, other lesser "cities" in California do the trick for you, why don't you use this passion and share quality content about it here on the forum?


Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanadvocate View Post
Which west coast city outside of the inner bay area isn't sprawl?? We get it you are uninformed and have an OBSESSION with Sacramento. Move on.
That's why Inner Bay Area and some pockets in LA are the only places that please me...

Excuse me! Do you mind I'm not liking Sacramento and those type of cities? You might like cul-de-sacs, endless sprawl and this dusty scenario on Central Valley. I don't.
__________________
London - São Paulo - Rio de Janeiro - Londrina - Frankfurt
     
     
  #103  
Old Posted Dec 4, 2022, 11:46 PM
TWAK's Avatar
TWAK TWAK is offline
The Supreme Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Lake County, CA
Posts: 12,105
Quote:
Originally Posted by bossabreezes View Post
And your point is? I'm not allowed to point out the sprawling nature of Sacramento because I live in another sprawling city? I didn't personally plan either one of these places, but I have every right to point out their flaws.

Sacramento is committing the same exact mistakes that LA committed 60,70 years ago right now. It is sprawling outward and not making a real effort to consolidate urbanistically. In a state with a housing crisis, I damn well think that needs to be pointed out and maybe even critiqued. If Sac continues its growth the way it's doing it now, I give it 10 years until it is prohibitively expensive and no longer looked at as an alternative to expensive coastal cities.

If I'm not allowed to point that out on an Urban advocacy forum, I guess the boosterism is more important than accepting reality for what it is.
That is fine, but you were making stuff up for whatever reason, so don't do that and you aren't allowed to make untrue statements about the city. Apologize for saying Sac isn't diverse, especially when it's one of the most diverse cities in the country.
Parts of Sac are sprawl (Natomas is the worst offender) and parts are urban. Not to mention that Sac is developing the railyards, one of the largest urban development projects in the country.
__________________
nobody cares about your city
     
     
  #104  
Old Posted Dec 4, 2022, 11:54 PM
badrunner badrunner is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 2,552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuri View Post
I mentioned EUROPE and South America. Moreover I don't live in a 500k city in South America and I have no desire to live in one.

You have this weird obsession with me. Get lost. Or better yet: as you're so obsessed with Los Angeles and apparently on the lack of it, other lesser "cities" in California do the trick for you, why don't you use this passion and share quality content about it here on the forum?
Now you're weirdly bringing up LA for some strange reason, again. In a thread about Sacramento. Sounds like city vs trolling.

And no, nobody is obsessed with you, you silly thing. Get over yourself lol.
     
     
  #105  
Old Posted Dec 5, 2022, 12:08 AM
badrunner badrunner is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 2,552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawford View Post
I've only passed through Sacramento, but don't get the hate. It doesn't seem to have great urbanity, but doesn't seem bad for American standards. The older, urban neighborhoods look pretty nice, and the downtown seems intact and OK.

U.S. state capitols tend to be boring places. Inland CA is pretty sprawly/Sunbelty. In this context, not sure how Sacramento looks bad. Looks like a typical all-American, anonymous type place, which is why some call it "Midwestern". Not in that it feels like Cleveland, but rather it doesn't fit the California metropolitan stereotypes (celebrities, Hollywood, tech, innovation, beach, pricey, weird) and looks not that different from mid-sized cities elsewhere.
It really is about as inoffensive a city as you can get. I don't get the obsessive, repeated posts trashing the place. For those who see red and get bent out of shape over Sacramento of all places, there must be something else going on inside them.
     
     
  #106  
Old Posted Dec 5, 2022, 12:19 AM
Yuri's Avatar
Yuri Yuri is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,236
Quote:
Originally Posted by badrunner View Post
It really is about as inoffensive a city as you can get. I don't get the obsessive, repeated posts trashing the place. For those who see red and get bent out of shape over Sacramento of all places, there must be something else going on inside them.
The thread has Sacramento on its title and invites comparisons between it and other cities. What did you expect people would discuss?
__________________
London - São Paulo - Rio de Janeiro - Londrina - Frankfurt
     
     
  #107  
Old Posted Dec 5, 2022, 12:23 AM
badrunner badrunner is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 2,552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuri View Post
The thread has Sacramento on its title and invites comparisons between it and other cities. What did you expect people would discuss?
Sounds like you're just mad nobody is talking about your city
     
     
  #108  
Old Posted Dec 5, 2022, 12:28 AM
Yuri's Avatar
Yuri Yuri is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,236
Quote:
Originally Posted by badrunner View Post
Sounds like you're just mad nobody is talking about your city
Sure, because all my threads here are about the city I live in.
__________________
London - São Paulo - Rio de Janeiro - Londrina - Frankfurt
     
     
  #109  
Old Posted Dec 5, 2022, 12:36 AM
badrunner badrunner is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 2,552
Why are you so obsessed with what I post about? Some people are on here and only post in a single thread, or subforum. It is what it is, it's a niche forum. Not everyone is like you walking around with your gaping maw, weighing in on anything and everything under the sun.

But it's weird that you are so obsessed and read every one of my posts. I mostly ignore yours. Why do you care so much? That's very weird and not normal, yuri.
     
     
  #110  
Old Posted Dec 5, 2022, 12:42 AM
Steely Dan's Avatar
Steely Dan Steely Dan is online now
devout Pizzatarian
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Lincoln Square, Chicago
Posts: 27,812
This thread has gotten itself all stupidly petty and personal.

Safe to say it has outlived its usefulness.
__________________
"every time a strip mall dies, an angel gets its wings"
     
     
End
 
 
Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 8:18 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.