HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Sep 29, 2021, 3:16 PM
1st Ward

I think the one major stumbling block for this move is public funds. There is a snowball's chance in hell the state or county pony up funds for this new stadium. Soldier Field still will not be paid off until 2034, and the state and city invested heavily into the "UFO inside the Parthenon". If the Bears wanted IL to pay for anything, they should have threatened to move to NW Indiana like they did in the 90's.

That said, the Bears are a wealthy franchise, and if any can build a stadium on their own, its definitely them. Doesn't necessarily mean they would though.

This could be a play to get more concessions from the city, but it also could actually be the ticket out of SF that the Bears have been looking for. It will be interesting to see it play out. I'm rooting that they stay of course.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development