HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Oct 21, 2016, 1:46 PM

I have a source that who works closely with PMC and confirmed that the residential from 2400 Market was removed specifically as to not cannibalize from another project along the river, I'm guessing this is it.

Old Posted Oct 21, 2016, 2:46 PM

It shows up in the renderings from the latest submission for Aramark's new building.

Old Posted Oct 21, 2016, 2:54 PM

I hope the JFK portion is retained, JFK needs some action in the area

maybe the lot behind TJs can be developed with additional frontage on JFK

Old Posted Oct 21, 2016, 5:08 PM
Philly -> Osaka -> Tokyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidphilly View Post
I hope the JFK portion is retained, JFK needs some action in the area

maybe the lot behind TJs can be developed with additional frontage on JFK
That TJs desperately needs expanding. When your checkout line snakes around the entire store on a regular basis, you know you need either (a) a bigger store, (b) more stores in the same area, or (c) some combination of the above.

I also agree JFK needs to be turned into a gracious urban boulevard, and it'll be interesting to watch how that happens. (Other than very slowly, I might add, especially on the north side.)

Who knows but that, on the lower levels, I speak for you?’ (Ralph Ellison, Invisible Man)

Old Posted Nov 7, 2016, 8:12 PM

PMC is presenting their plans for this project tomorrow night to the LSNA. I'm sure that means we will see some more information on Wednesday

Old Posted Nov 7, 2016, 10:14 PM
More of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
JFK (aside from being renamed Filbert Street or Boulevard) needs to be a grand boulevard with cafes and a street trolley. NOT a suburban road with quick in and out traffic and, as seen in pics above, a building fronted with nothing more than their Porte Cochere and assumed parking entrance.

Let's hope the proposal or resulting criticism has some forward ambitions for a street that connects 30th Street Station and City Hall. The back ends of PECO and Commerce Square could easily be reconfigured with first floor retail/dining.

Old Posted Nov 7, 2016, 11:07 PM
Philly Pholly

There needs to be an incentives offered to properties. A study should be done on JFK as to how it can become a more "complete street". A concerted effort must be made to remake it into a boulevard and not just utility

Old Posted Nov 8, 2016, 1:32 PM

I'd make JFK a one-way street and replace some lanes with parking (slows down traffic) and insert a wider median with either trees or a bike lane. JFK doesn't need to be a two-way and it doesn't need to have so many lanes.

Also, as much I love the Murano, this is a disgrace. JFK Boulevard between 20th and 30th gets the back alley treatment and it needs to end.

Old Posted Nov 8, 2016, 4:32 PM

Also, as much I love the Murano, this is a disgrace. JFK Boulevard between 20th and 30th gets the back alley treatment and it needs to end.[/QUOTE]

What's the matter? Don't you think that garage isn't the most beautiful one you've ever seen? Maybe some day it can grow up and become a real building.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2016, 9:31 PM

So was there a meeting regarding this?? Any news??

Old Posted Nov 9, 2016, 10:16 PM

^^Haven't heard anything yet. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Old Posted Nov 14, 2016, 12:14 PM

'River Walk' project on Schuylkill revived, with tweaks, by PMC

http://www.philly.com/philly/busines...s__by_PMC.html

Quote:
PMC Property Group plans a pair of mostly glass-and-metal towers at a long-languishing development site on the Schuylkill's eastern bank, the company's latest bet on sustained demand for apartment living in Center City.

PMC, already thought to be Philadelphia's biggest residential landlord, is proposing the two towers at a parking-lot site at 23rd and Arch Streets where a previous iteration of the project, known as "River Walk," had been planned by a different developer.

The PMC proposal calls for 32- and 28-story towers with 321 and 291 units, project architect Anthony Kim, of Gensler in New York, told members of the Logan Square Neighborhood Association last week. The towers also would feature spaces for retail, including a large supermarket.

Old Posted Nov 14, 2016, 12:19 PM

WOW. I love it, build it! I'm happy it seems that PMC is improving its designs, on the banks of the schuylkill. I hope we someday see development on the triangular parcel on JFK

Old Posted Nov 14, 2016, 12:59 PM

More from the article

Quote:
PMC paid $28.5 million in July 2015 for about seven acres along John F. Kennedy Boulevard that includes the project site, eyed for development for at least a decade.

PMC's proposal leaves the land along JFK undeveloped for now, with both towers rising in phases north of the SEPTA tracks.

The project is permitted under a zoning change secured by a previous developer that expires at year's end. PMC plans to ask city officials to extend that zoning for five more years.

The company is eyeing a June groundbreaking for the northernmost tower, with construction expected to take about a year.
Read more here:
http://www.philly.com/philly/busines...C.html?photo_3

Old Posted Nov 14, 2016, 1:05 PM

It's a shame we're losing the 400+ ft JFK tower for now... but I believe it could be built at some point in the future, and support them building on the eye sore of a parking lot along the river first. I like the design of the towers a lot. PMC is definitely getting better and better design with each project.

Old Posted Nov 14, 2016, 1:27 PM

Height? 340' and 300'? Somewhere close?

Edit: I just saw the thread title. Wasn't sure if it was adjusted.

Those heights will look very nice here.

Old Posted Nov 14, 2016, 1:30 PM
BANNED

this gap needs to be filled so this is much better than the status quo. The previous developer's plans were too ambitious to ever seem realistic.

Old Posted Nov 14, 2016, 2:55 PM

Revised plans are great. But the design of the development is lame. Yuck.

Old Posted Nov 14, 2016, 3:37 PM

Does this plan have any connection to the river trail from the property?

Doesn't look like it but maybe I missed it

Old Posted Nov 14, 2016, 5:32 PM
Philly Pholly

Not an exciting plan. Early renderings. It doesn't look like it will bring much to ground level at all. Unfortunate. Nice scale but rather unresponsive to the surroundings. I hate that JFK has been ignored by all the new developments.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive