HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Jun 16, 2014, 1:58 PM

It looks like the height was stated in the article I posted above and I completely missed it.

The taller tower will be 42 floors and 446 feet.

The smaller towers will be 21 floors and 220 feet each. Can we get the title changed to add this info?

Thanks!

Old Posted Jun 16, 2014, 2:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
It looks like the height was stated in the article I posted above and I completely missed it.

The taller tower will be 42 floors and 446 feet.

The smaller towers will be 21 floors and 220 feet each. Can we get the title changed to add this info?

Thanks!
That would 60 feet taller than the Peco building - a lot of westward height coming to the skyline

Also - coming down 76 east the new Mormon will extend height north - lots of subtle and not so subtle skyline changes, expansions on the horizon

Old Posted Jun 16, 2014, 2:36 PM

Anyone have any idea how this building will impact views of the PECO building? It appears as though it will completely block PECO from views north, such as the Parkway and Art Museum. But at the same time, maybe the angles will be a little different? I like the PECO Building and its scrolling messages so that is really the only bummer for me here. Though the project itself is great. And I love the way the smaller buildings frame a view of the Cira Center.

Old Posted Jun 16, 2014, 2:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean4983 View Post
Anyone have any idea how this building will impact views of the PECO building? It appears as though it will completely block PECO from views north, such as the Parkway and Art Museum. But at the same time, maybe the angles will be a little different? I like the PECO Building and its scrolling messages so that is really the only bummer for me here. Though the project itself is great. And I love the way the smaller buildings frame a view of the Cira Center.
just looking at the setup it would look like not too much blocked. for example coming from the west on 76 none would be blacked based on what I can tell

On the Parkway - it looks like from art museum steps (will see maybe partial there) to say the barnes

Old Posted Jun 16, 2014, 3:00 PM

Another reference point would be the Murano, which stands at 475. This is some reall good height for the area and it would stand out very well in its location.

If it was built today it would be the 19th tallest. But, by the time it is built and finished it will be in the mid-20's. Crazy....

Old Posted Jun 16, 2014, 4:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidphilly View Post
On the Parkway - it looks like from art museum steps (will see maybe partial there) to say the barnes
That's what I was thinking.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2014, 9:13 PM

Old Posted Jun 18, 2014, 10:58 PM
Always Lookin' Up

Site dimensions

Is it me, or does the rendering of the taller tower seem to be unrealistic as far as fitting between the tracks and JFK ??
https://www.flickr.com/photos/125452...6/14268090118/

Old Posted Jun 18, 2014, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraggman View Post
Is it me, or does the rendering of the taller tower seem to be unrealistic as far as fitting between the tracks and JFK ??
https://www.flickr.com/photos/125452...6/14268090118/
It definitely would be shoehorned in there, but it looks like it would fit:

Old Posted Jun 19, 2014, 2:16 AM

If you look closely at the renderings of the tall tower on the first page of this thread, it appears that the front of the building facing the river is twice as wide as the rear. The northern wall probably matches the angle of the tracks. The width of all three towers on the Eastern side appears the same.

Old Posted Oct 14, 2014, 5:06 PM

Looks like this is still in the works.

Quote:
23rd & Arch Street/Schuylkill River Project - The developer advised that they were moving forward with their project and hopes to have plans finalized by the end of October with the possibility of having an RCO presentation to us November 11 or December 9. We should have more details on this shortly. I advised the developer that we want sufficient advance notice so that we can hold a near neighbors meeting prior to any RCO presentation.
October Zoning report for LSNA. I hope this one happens.

http://www.lsnaphilly.org

There are other tidbits in there too, like 1832 Callowhill Street, I was not aware anything was happening there.

Last edited by wondertwinalpha; Oct 14, 2014 at 5:25 PM.

Old Posted Oct 14, 2014, 5:29 PM

I hope this one moves forward. That would be pretty damn awesome. I hope they pulled a better base for the JFK tower. Or, at least build it with the possibility of retail fit out in the future.

Old Posted Oct 15, 2014, 12:34 AM

Will Riverwalk I affect the view of the electronic display, which displays the time, temperature, news, and a variety of other community messages on the PECO Energy building coming from I-76 from the West?

Old Posted Oct 15, 2014, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemustardo View Post
Will Riverwalk I affect the view of the electronic display, which displays the time, temperature, news, and a variety of other community messages on the PECO Energy building coming from I-76 from the West?
Probably slightly.

Old Posted Jan 24, 2015, 12:22 PM

Has anyone heard anything about this lately? I guess not or they would have said something.

Old Posted Jan 24, 2015, 3:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boku View Post
Has anyone heard anything about this lately? I guess not or they would have said something.
According to the Logan Square Neighborhood Association, the developer was still working on the project as of December 9th and would be presenting again to the LSNA again early this year. I guess they decided to tweak a few things.

Old Posted Jan 24, 2015, 3:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
According to the Logan Square Neighborhood Association, the developer was still working on the project as of December 9th and would be presenting again to the LSNA again early this year. I guess they decided to tweak a few things.
Probably doing some (more) wind-tunnel testing.

Old Posted Jan 24, 2015, 3:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boku View Post
Yup.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2015, 3:05 PM

Big fan of this. Sad to see no movement. I hope they can really get it (and other projects along the Schuykill) off the ground.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2015, 3:37 PM

How long would this project take from groundbreaking to completion if it were to go through?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive