HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Mar 13, 2014, 12:04 AM

PHILADELPHIA | River Walk | Two Towers | 363 FT & 315 FT | 32 FLOORS & 28 FLOORS

Title: River Walk
Project: Residential, commercial, retail
Architect: Gensler Associates
Developer: PMC Property Group
Neighborhood: Logan Square
District: Center City
Floors: 32 & 28 floors
Height: 363 and 315 feet

http://www.phila.gov/CityPlanning/pr...on_reduced.pdf

Quote:
The River Walk Project is an urban re-development that is planned to complement the City’s growth and revitalization along the Schuykill River in downtown Philadelphia. The project encompasses over 8.5 acres which will include residential, commercial, retail, hospitality and other community amenities serving the Logan Square neighborhood and surrounding areas.
http://www.np-international.com/sele...ork/mixed-use/

Last edited by summersm343; Sep 20, 2017 at 11:55 PM.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2014, 12:16 AM

This one looks probably 500-525 feet to me.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2014, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plokoon11 View Post
This one looks probably 500-525 feet to me.
Yeah probably about 500 feet.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2014, 5:03 PM
Chairman

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
Yeah probably about 500 feet.
This looks to me in the 400 ft - 450 ft range.

-sb

Old Posted Mar 13, 2014, 5:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakman View Post
Agreed. I was thinking 425 ft.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2014, 5:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakman View Post
The PECO Building (right next to this) is 384 feet. The Murano (curved glass tower) is 475 feet. This tower looks to be similar in height to that. So I'm guessing 425-475 feet. Somewhere in that range.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2014, 5:23 PM

Exciting! All of these new developments in just a few days. I hope this happens, but I remember River City too..? Remember that pie in the sky idea?
This looks decent. It will certainly give life to an area that definitely is dead after dark. Does this project have all of its ducks in a row? ie. Financing, City Council appoval, etc.? I'd like to see something happen at that end of center city. I really would. But I thought Murano was having difficulty getting it filled? (At least in the beginning.) Maybe this will be the shot in the arm, along with the new Comcast Building, FMC, etc. ~ the city's hot right now! Developers are going to take advantage of Comcast, FMC,etc. now, and that's a good thing.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2014, 5:25 PM
Resident Jackass

The Logan Square neighborhood association is going to shit a lot of bricks over this.

The shadows!!!

Old Posted Mar 13, 2014, 5:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmikeyphilly View Post
Exciting! All of these new developments in just a few days. I hope this happens, but I remember River City too..? Remember that pie in the sky idea?
This looks decent. It will certainly give life to an area that definitely is dead after dark. Does this project have all of its ducks in a row? ie. Financing, City Council appoval, etc.? I'd like to see something happen at that end of center city. I really would. But I thought Murano was having difficulty getting it filled? (At least in the beginning.) Maybe this will be the shot in the arm, along with the new Comcast Building, FMC, etc. ~ the city's hot right now! Developers are going to take advantage of Comcast, FMC,etc. now, and that's a good thing.
This is a completely different developer than the one who proposed the River City monstrosity. This developer bought this land a couple of years back.

Last I heard, Murano was full. Most condo buildings in Philly are as of now, which is why there have been several new proposals for condo buildings in the past few months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theWatusi View Post
The Logan Square neighborhood association is going to shit a lot of bricks over this.

The shadows!!!
They are currently talking with LSNA. They have been for a few months. LSNA actually SUGGESTED to them making the tower that fronts JFK taller.

The developer still has to go through ZBA and Planning Commission. As far as I know, there is no financing for the development yet.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2014, 6:35 PM
Show me the blueprints

Gorgeous!

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Mar 15, 2014, 2:28 PM

This would be a game changer for CC West. SO much more foot traffic on Market with this thing sitting on JFK. That said, I hope they change the facade of the smaller towers. Looks very 60's to me.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2014, 5:18 PM

http://www.np-international.com/sele...ork/mixed-use/[/QUOTE]

After checking the developer's website, it appears to me that this particular project is their "feather in the cap". Let's hope that they can pull it all together, and get this off the ground. (Since this is the biggest project in their portfolio.)
With NP International having corporate headquarters in Minnesota, and Costa Rica, they may want to consider setting up corporate offices in Philly, as well.
It would benefit them to have their people here, since this is going to be a very ambitious project for them. (Philadelphia will certainly have the room for them to set up their offices in one of the towers they're developing!)
Let's hope that this is the beginning of a truly valuable friendship!

Old Posted Apr 16, 2014, 2:21 AM

Quote:
River Walk at 23rd & Arch - The developer will meet with the committee of near neighbors on April 22 to bring them up to date with respect to refinements in their plans for this project. They would like to be in a position to make a RCO presentation to LSNA as early our May Board meeting. They have agreed to enter into a NDA with LSNA.
https://docs.google.com/a/lsnaphilly...jg5N2Q3YWVjNDg

Old Posted Apr 25, 2014, 12:03 AM

Looking at this more I'm confused how they are going to get the foot traffic over there with the SEPTA tracks cutting right through. Would be awesome to get some connection over that and maybe one over the CSX line to the trail too.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2014, 3:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mPhilly View Post
Looking at this more I'm confused how they are going to get the foot traffic over there with the SEPTA tracks cutting right through. Would be awesome to get some connection over that and maybe one over the CSX line to the trail too.
There is a pathway that leads under the tracks down to the river.
A simple enhancement or build of that pathway or steps will connect it.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2014, 6:09 PM

How serious are they about building this? Or is it too early to say?

Old Posted Apr 25, 2014, 7:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichigo View Post
How serious are they about building this? Or is it too early to say?
I'd say 50/50 at this point. Could swing either way. This is a difficult site and the developer doesn't have THAT much experience. Still REALLY early though. This project is still probably a year or two out before anything serious gets going. I guess it's really a matter of if they can get funding or not.

Old Posted May 12, 2014, 3:14 PM

This project is being presented by NP International to the LSNA on Tuesday, May 13th. They will need zoning variances from the city, and they are requesting a letter on non-opposition from LSNA. There is one new rendering from the NP International site. Hopefully we will know more soon.

http://www.np-international.com/sele...ork/mixed-use/

Last edited by wondertwinalpha; May 12, 2014 at 4:01 PM.

Old Posted May 12, 2014, 5:45 PM

Love the new rendering. It looks truly f**king fantastic! The only issue I have with the project is the way the JFK tower fronts JFK. Wish they could build a base for the tower that goes the entire way from 23rd to the train tracks, not a narrow base with grass around it.

Old Posted May 12, 2014, 6:10 PM

Anyone know the developer? Is this is a legitimate development? The developer's website lacks anything remotely to this scale and most of their "selected" work is of the low to mid-rise variety. They certainly do not appear to be a power player with the track record to pull off something of this massive scope...

A little nervous that this, as that absurd River City proposal, is more bait and flip than shovels in the ground. Anyone know more?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive