HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

One Chicago Square in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Chicago Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
Chicago Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Jan 15, 2019, 10:59 PM
Nocturne

It's probably already been said, but what are the real odds this thing gets completed? I'm in River North often and am looking forward to the way it'll totally change the energy of the neighborhood.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2019, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocturne View Post
It's probably already been said, but what are the real odds this thing gets completed? I'm in River North often and am looking forward to the way it'll totally change the energy of the neighborhood.
100 percent chance, look back a couple of posts/pages for proof.

Old Posted Jan 16, 2019, 1:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the urban politician View Post
Does anyone know if the Holy Name's parking lot is closed or set to close soon? Just wondering when actual "site prep/demo" may begin for this beast
Someone said that the contractors were told to be ready for March, so March is what I'm expecting, maybe late February for demo?

Old Posted Jan 19, 2019, 4:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonoboZill4 View Post
Someone said that the contractors were told to be ready for March, so March is what I'm expecting, maybe late February for demo?
Yeah with SB as an equity partner this is a go, they have capital they need to put to work (esp after backing out of the Hancock deal).

Old Posted Jan 21, 2019, 5:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hourstrooper View Post
100 percent chance, look back a couple of posts/pages for proof.
And if you believe that, I've got a Chicago Spire condo to sell you

Old Posted Jan 21, 2019, 5:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliphant View Post
Probably a 100% chance of starting construction. They should already have the funding and should be breaking ground between now and sometime in March. Although there's some weirdness coming with the economy, potentially, it's still not close enough to warrant this thing from being halted.

Old Posted Jan 21, 2019, 8:49 PM

Quote:
haha good one ........ I know that its breaking ground as does everybody else on this forum, this is not a condo project.... also is not financed by any foreign banks.... as was the spire and water view…... and it already has been awarded contracts from very reputable developers to contractors this thing is going foresure…. and I may end up working on it personally. you need to do some research.

Last edited by Hourstrooper; Jan 21, 2019 at 9:49 PM.

Old Posted Jan 21, 2019, 8:55 PM

Quote:

Old Posted Jan 21, 2019, 8:59 PM

the tribune one is the one on thinner ice

Old Posted Jan 21, 2019, 9:01 PM
The City

Wondering whether OCS will happen is sooooo 2018...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4W...lUKB1w8ED5bV2Q

Old Posted Jan 22, 2019, 1:38 AM
DENNAB

Isn't this already financed and approved? Why do people keep saying this is never going to happen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maru2501 View Post
the tribune one is the one on thinner ice
Why?

Old Posted Jan 22, 2019, 2:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatan View Post
Why?
Hasn't been approved. Construction wouldn't even start until renovations are over meaning who knows where we could be economically/market wise by then

I wouldn't say 'thin ice' for Tribune Tower yet but it definitely has a wayyyyyy higher chance of not happening then this (given the fact this is gonna be under construction any week now)

Old Posted Jan 22, 2019, 3:02 AM

^ yes

but thinner was my quote.. MISQUOTED!!!

Old Posted Jan 22, 2019, 3:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maru2501 View Post
^ yes

but thinner was my quote.. MISQUOTED!!!

Old Posted Jan 26, 2019, 4:31 AM
THAT Guy

Quote:
A NEW JOURNEY BEGINS

Dear People of God,

As we leave our Christmas celebration of the birth of Jesus and beautiful holidays with family and friends behind, we turn to the new year ahead. Our many ministries and Staff are busy creating an exciting mix of spiritual, service, and social programs for this year to support your journey as a Disciple of Christ.

One significant change for 2019 will be a new parking plan for the Cathedral. As you know, the current parking lot will become the construction site of One Chicago Square (OCS). The complex will bring a new mix of residential units, grocery and other retail stores, restaurant and banquet facilities, as well as a cutting-edge fitness center. Go to https://onechicagosquare.com/ to read more about the OCS complex and amenities.

Holy Name Cathedral’s new permanent parking lot will reside on the first two lower floors in a secure and weather-protected parking area, expanding our spaces by 18% from 190 to 225 spaces. And the good news is we will not have to wait for the full completion of the construction to move into our new permanent parking lot.

We expect construction to start around mid-March.

As you can imagine, a construction project of this magnitude is going to take time. So that leaves the obvious question - where do we park while the construction of the new complex, including our new parking lot, is underway?

The interim parking plan will offer a variety of options utilizing two nearby public parking lots on Superior/State Streets and Huron Street between Wabash and State as well as weekend parking at the Loyola University lot on Chicago Avenue between State and Dearborn. Loyola University has been a good neighbor and friend to Holy Name Cathedral over the years and making these parking spaces available to us for the duration of the construction is another sign of their support.

Change is hard. The blessings of decades of free, convenient parking is truly a rare commodity in the city. The good news is you will enjoy free, 2-hour validated parking while attending weekend Mass, your ministries, and our many programs at the Cathedral at the local lots above. The Archdiocese of Chicago is finalizing the complete interim parking plan in coordination with our team at the Cathedral. We will communicate the detailed logistics of parking and validation as soon as they are ready.

I truly appreciate your patience and cooperation over the coming months as we adjust to our temporary situation during construction of OCS. Our team will keep you updated as we move through the early weeks of the construction project and as key milestones are achieved. Be sure to follow Holy Name Cathedral on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram to get the latest news on Cathedral parking. If you are not receiving our Cathedral emails, you can sign up by sending an email to Dawn Swanson at dswanson@holynamecathedral.org.

Please pray for this project as it gets underway and we move to our interim parking plan.

On this journey with you,

Fr. Greg
Our prayers have been answered.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2019, 4:43 AM

Wooooooo! Can't wait for this beaut to go up. I think it is my second favorite of this cycle

Old Posted Jan 26, 2019, 2:36 PM
The City

Well, they want us to pray for this project, so here goes:

Dear God, please let the OCS go up smoothly with no injuries or fatalities. Please make sure the developer doesn’t VE the shit out of it, please make sure they use quality materials, and make sure we have ample vantage points for kick ass photo-taking. Let this project be awesome with all of your Holy Blessings. Amen.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4W...lUKB1w8ED5bV2Q

Old Posted Jan 26, 2019, 2:41 PM

Can they just make it a thousand footer though? I mean it’s 22 feet guys.
There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Old Posted Jan 26, 2019, 3:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10023 View Post
Can they just make it a thousand footer though? I mean it’s 22 feet guys.
I mean no one cares... Numbers are just arbitrary units of measurement assigned by humans. In LVDWs this thing is actually 999 tall.

(A LVDW is always equivalent to one 999/1000th of the total building height such that buildings are always just shy of super tall status)

Old Posted Jan 26, 2019, 3:52 PM

^ It's 22 feet. Is it really that noticeable to anyone who isn't aware of the height? Sure, it could check off a statistic, but the difference in 22 feet is not going to make much of a difference for most anyone looking at it considering it would be very tall already.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive