HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Feb 11, 2020, 11:01 PM
Modulator

Here's something pretty cool I just noticed. The crane app submitted for Derby specifies an LCL 500. This is a luffing style crane! Is this a Phoenix first??

Old Posted Feb 12, 2020, 12:05 AM
Skyriser

I believe it is. This may be necessary to prevent construction materials from imperiling Angel's Trumpet to everybody's displeasure.

Old Posted Feb 26, 2020, 5:45 PM

Lots of activity on site this morning, it’s wasting no time. Heavy equipment and rebar and tons of hard hats. Both times this project has broken ground, they’ve wasted no time getting to work! #Goals

Old Posted Feb 26, 2020, 7:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phxguy View Post
Lots of activity on site this morning, it’s wasting no time. Heavy equipment and rebar and tons of hard hats. Both times this project has broken ground, they’ve wasted no time getting to work! #Goals
I'm excited to see the luffing crane. Post pics of the site if you get a minute.

Old Posted Feb 26, 2020, 7:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickw252 View Post
I'm excited to see the luffing crane. Post pics of the site if you get a minute.
I wish I snapped a pic but I was driving by and slowed down just long enough to see through the fencing.

Old Posted Feb 26, 2020, 8:01 PM
Modulator

I snapped a pic yesterday, but it didn't come out good as I was in my car. As Phxguy said, they are flying on Derby. Already many reienforced concrete columns have been placed in ground. I'm projecting the crane to go up within 3 weeks.

Old Posted Mar 24, 2020, 6:22 PM

Hensel Phelps breaks ground on Derby Roosevelt Row

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrestedSaguaro View Post
I snapped a pic yesterday, but it didn't come out good as I was in my car. As Phxguy said, they are flying on Derby. Already many reienforced concrete columns have been placed in ground. I'm projecting the crane to go up within 3 weeks.
Some late media coverage...

https://azbigmedia.com/real-estate/c...roosevelt-row/

Old Posted Mar 24, 2020, 6:40 PM
Modulator

I was reading that and was about to post it.

Old Posted Mar 24, 2020, 7:23 PM

Another view (sorry it's large):

http://www.wilderbelshaw.com/

Old Posted Mar 24, 2020, 7:38 PM

Wow! Love that rendering!

Old Posted Mar 24, 2020, 7:51 PM

Amazing rendering! Just love how it dwarfs and looms over Angels Trumpet! I can already imagine Matt complaining about how there is too much music and noise coming from the pool deck right above him lol

Old Posted Mar 24, 2020, 8:31 PM

Maybe Mat's bar can serve as a soup kitchen, will be quite convenient for those new studios to house families of 8 for $75 a month when we start our depression.

Tongue in cheek, of course, but there's a high likelihood Mat won't be in business by the time this thing is all over anyway if it drags on much longer.

Old Posted Mar 24, 2020, 10:18 PM
Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASU Diablo View Post
Amazing rendering! Just love how it dwarfs and looms over Angels Trumpet! I can already imagine Matt complaining about how there is too much music and noise coming from the pool deck right above him lol

So it's L-shaped like Kenect is. This is going to be a fantastic looking tower!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggus diggus View Post
Maybe Mat's bar can serve as a soup kitchen, will be quite convenient for those new studios to house families of 8 for $75 a month when we start our depression.

Tongue in cheek, of course, but there's a high likelihood Mat won't be in business by the time this thing is all over anyway if it drags on much longer.
I'm sure he should have no problem selling the property if he does goes under and after the recession recovers of course (if we truly have one).

Old Posted Mar 24, 2020, 11:30 PM
Skyriser

Biggus, I was with you in supporting Matt insofar as he got what he wanted--a five foot setback, but your tone has changed.

Why wouldn't he be in business for much longer? As I understand it nearly everything is closed in Phoenix so why pick on him specifically?

Old Posted Mar 24, 2020, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by combusean View Post
Biggus, I was with you in supporting Matt insofar as he got what he wanted--a five foot setback, but your tone has changed.

Why wouldn't he be in business for much longer? As I understand it nearly everything is closed in Phoenix so why pick on him specifically?
I don't think anyone is rooting for that. But there is legitimate concern with many of these business that expand and skate by week to week, then you have a crisis and they are caught with their pants down. Some of the rapidly expanding establishments like the Wandering Tortoise group and the Whining Pig groups concern me. Angel's Trumpet also concerns me due to the Thomas location. I don't think it's doing well based off my anecdotal evidence. That's why I would have a legitimate concern as that could bring down the Roosevelt location if they go under.

Old Posted Mar 24, 2020, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggus diggus View Post

I love the new rendering of the Derby. And I know Matt did some some shit a few years ago regarding this building, but I'd be very disappointed if Angel's Trumpet went under. Forget Matt, the restuarant itself makes such damn good food. And the staff there are always amazing. So I personally hope Angel's Trumpet survives this recession and the construction of Derby. I think the added shade will make the patio even better during the summer.

Old Posted Mar 25, 2020, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by combusean View Post

My tone hasn't changed and I'm not picking on anyone.

A lot of restaurants are going out of business from this, the writing is on the wall. I'm one of his good customers and will remain one until the end, and hopefully I am wrong, but we're about to see the most disruptive recession/depression/event of our lifetimes and I was making a bit of a tongue-in-cheek comment about these studios being perfect to house all the homeless families and a vacant restaurant being a perfect place for the bread lines.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2020, 4:56 PM

Another crane incoming

Looks like the crane base is being constructed on the derby lot as we speak. I was driving by so didn’t snap a picture.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2020, 8:37 PM
Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty View Post
Looks like the crane base is being constructed on the derby lot as we speak. I was driving by so didn’t snap a picture.
Yep. It's supposed to go up first week of April, so probably go up next weekend. This one is apparently going to be a luffing tower crane which will be awesome to see for Phoenix.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2020, 5:48 PM

Not sure if it’s appropriate to ask about the status of the crane for this one? Haven’t gone there to check for myself with all of this going on. Tried using some webcams to see but they’re all blocking the view of where this is going to be built.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest