HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted May 17, 2021, 3:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstick View Post
So, you are calling people "small" minded for voicing an opinion?
Noooooo....there’s somewhat of a fine line. Everyone has an opinion. Some are traditional, conservative, progressive, etc. We all remember the attitudes expressed on this forum when it came to where Amazon would set up its 2nd headquarters. Small minded, IMO, were people who said that they would no longer use Amazon and others said the same about Netflix when it decided to expand. That’s all I’m saying.

Old Posted May 19, 2021, 2:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scania View Post
Don’t worry...you’re good. This one of the reasons why I don’t post as much on here anymore. Too many small minded individuals. And some are just ignorant (unaware of facts). It’s insane. Kind of like statements where some on here act as if soooooo much is going on here, and don’t realize that just as much if not more is going on in every semi major city. Lol
Haha yea I hear ya, I’ve been keeping up with this site for a while, just joined a year ago so I just ask Questions if there is something I wanna know about a project or certain areas or just voice my opinion about what I like. I know how sometimes some people go back and forth on debates of different things on here, , I don’t get caught up with all that Jazz I just enjoy reading the forum and SOMETIMES ask a question and or make a comment. I traveled all over the USA and seen Every skyline so I sometimes may speak on another city on what they have that I wish Atlanta would have. Like the Omni hotel in Dallas I LOVE that set up downtown Dallas. Thanks for the good message scania

Old Posted May 19, 2021, 6:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantis View Post
Officially broke ground yesterday (though the project actually started a couple weeks back with clearing of the site). Expected completion end of 2023, opening January-ish of 2024.

Old Posted May 19, 2021, 7:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL Native View Post
Officially broke ground yesterday (though the project actually started a couple weeks back with clearing of the site). Expected completion end of 2023, opening January-ish of 2024.

Old Posted Jun 5, 2021, 2:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL Native View Post
Can’t wait for this Tall Sexy Glass Tower to get built. Going to look really nice over there next to the Mercedes Benz Stadium. Yes in deed.

Old Posted Jun 5, 2021, 2:56 AM

I read in the Urbanize that No 2 opus may possibly be going back to the drawing board and some changes may be made But still is alive I’m assuming.Hopefully that project will continue forward. I would post the article but not sure how to do that so until then I am passing along what I read in the urbanize yesterday. I’m sure someone will post it eventually.

Old Posted Jun 5, 2021, 1:27 PM

Does anyone know if their is a webcam for the Hilton Project?

Old Posted Jun 7, 2021, 4:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooldude View Post
I read in the Urbanize that No 2 opus may possibly be going back to the drawing board and some changes may be made But still is alive I’m assuming.Hopefully that project will continue forward. I would post the article but not sure how to do that so until then I am passing along what I read in the urbanize yesterday. I’m sure someone will post it eventually.

While highly skeptical, I'd be interested in reading the article. I haven't had any luck finding it, though.

Old Posted Jun 7, 2021, 8:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKeeper3 View Post
While highly skeptical, I'd be interested in reading the article. I haven't had any luck finding it, though.
I think this guy had a dream in the middle of the night

Old Posted Jun 7, 2021, 8:33 PM

Quote:
When they finish the first 19 floors, I will believe it.

Old Posted Jun 7, 2021, 8:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuckerman View Post
When they finish the first 19 floors, I will believe it.
Same here, this thing just needs to die. It's a stellar location for a real developer, but Ashkenazi is hardly even reputable. It was a shell game looking for a place to happen.

Old Posted Jun 8, 2021, 2:39 PM

Quote:

That's a nice tower...

Old Posted Jun 13, 2021, 4:31 PM

Quote:
Does anyone know if their is a webcam for the Hilton Project?
https://oxblue.com/open/skanska/signiabyhilton

Old Posted Jun 18, 2021, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainiac View Post
Thank you, just saw this...Great find...

Old Posted Jun 24, 2021, 2:11 AM

Quote:
I will dig it up and see if I can find it again.

Old Posted Jun 24, 2021, 2:49 AM

Ok I stand corrected, I thought I read in the June the 3rd urban view article that number 2 opus was going back to the drawing borad But it actually says Massive central office proposal is switching gears. A mammoth dunnwoody developer proposal that called for office space on par with ponce city market and five times as many condos as midtown fabled No 2 opus place has gone back to the drawing borad LoL. I taped on to the opus part that was highlighted in blue and then opus popped up, so I was thinking it was opus they were referring to that late night when it was a Dunnwoody project and it mentioned opus as a example lol.

Old Posted Jun 24, 2021, 3:02 AM

I do know in urban views June 10th article they said a company head talk underway for a Atlanta Super tall tower in several locations. Hopefully we can get that off the ground. That firm I heard didn’t really exist in the first mention of this super tall that we could get But in the next article after the first one that announced the super tall, they confirmed that they are a real firm and plan on building it in Atlanta or Birmingham. It’s in the June 10th Urban view.

Old Posted Jun 24, 2021, 6:27 AM
JoeCooper

Quote:
I do know in urban views June 10th article they said a company head talk underway for a Atlanta Super tall tower in several locations. Hopefully we can get that off the ground. That firm I heard didn’t really exist in the first mention of this super tall that we could get But in the next article after the first one that announced the super tall, they confirmed that they are a real firm and plan on building it in Atlanta or Birmingham. It’s in the June 10th Urban view.
Please let it be true! I've seen rumors about a 1,200 to 1,500 footer on here in the pipeline but it seems to be just that at this point. However; Atlanta is really due in for a new tallest. Wouldn't be at all surprised if it were to go up in a Midtown location or on the outskirts of Downtown.

Old Posted Jun 24, 2021, 7:18 PM
DENNAB

Quote:
You mean this? It's absolutely a troll proposal (i.e. fake and visionary)

https://urbanize.city/atlanta/post/m...ment-ritaworld

Old Posted Jun 25, 2021, 1:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHAPINM1 View Post
Please let it be true! I've seen rumors about a 1,200 to 1,500 footer on here in the pipeline but it seems to be just that at this point. However; Atlanta is really due in for a new tallest. Wouldn't be at all surprised if it were to go up in a Midtown location or on the outskirts of Downtown.
I will bet anyone we won't see anything taller than the Bank of America tower in the next 30 years. There have been many articles about how super tall structures don't make economic sense in nearly all scenarios, outside the most expensive cities, and the towers are more about prestige than anything else. China has outlawed them, and we are now seeing the largest corporations building 'campuses' instead of trophy towers, as was done up until the 1980s. I believe cities should measure city prestige on how extensive their heavy rail metros are instead of the number of super tall structures. Can we lust over density and more rail over 'super-tall' from now on??? I would love to see a new East-West heavy rail line from Westside park to Ponce City Market with our city expanding the skyline along that corridor. How amazing would that be???

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations