HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions

Old Posted Oct 27, 2021, 5:32 PM
devout Pizzatarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWAK View Post
What's the deal here? If they have allergies then they aren't sick, so obviously they have to go to class.
the school won't accept any child with a sneeze, sniffle, runny nose, cough, etc.

they get turned away until a negative PCR test is produced.

all i'm saying is let parents make some educated calls here.

i know my kids. i know when they're actually sick (ie. with a fever) and when it's just seasonal allergies or a common cold or whatever.

but zero tolerance has become the name of the game because this one time there was this guy and he totally died and, like, we can never ever allow that to happen again people!

Old Posted Oct 27, 2021, 5:34 PM
Resu Deretsiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JManc View Post
Did you read my previous comment where my wife had to test negative for Covid is she had cold like symptoms? She is in Texas and works for evil oil and gas.
Nah, just the one on the last page, since most of the time it seems people are overblowing it. How can your governor allow that to happen? I'm getting mixed messages, since I thought Texas was....Texas. I'm gonna have to tell everybody at the butcher shop that there are more measures against COVID in Texas than here. That means 3 or 4 less people moving away from California!

Old Posted Oct 27, 2021, 5:43 PM
Resu Deretsiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
the school won't accept any child with a sneeze, sniffle, runny nose, cough, etc.

Seems simple enough, and remember if they do have an outbreak they will shut down the school. So this sacrifice is better than them closing the school and sending everybody back to e-learning. Whether they should close down the school for COVID is a seperate matter, since some think they should and some think they shouldn't.

Quote:

i know my kids. i know when they're actually sick (ie. with a fever) and when it's just seasonal allergies or a common cold or whatever.

but zero tolerance has become the name of the game because this one time there was this guy and he died and, like, we can never ever allow that to happen again people!
I'm afraid individual parents can't be trusted anymore, especially now with COVID, so there needs to be unified rules that everybody has to follow. I'm not saying you are doing wrong, but the whole country botched being told what to do so now everybody gets punished.

Old Posted Oct 27, 2021, 5:46 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

Quote:

but zero tolerance has become the name of the game because this one time there was this guy and he totally died and, like, we can never ever allow that to happen again people!

out here in nyc world everyone in the schools wears a mask and there is random testing, so kids can get away with their sneeze or cough.

Old Posted Oct 27, 2021, 5:51 PM

Quote:
Seems simple enough, and remember if they do have an outbreak they will shut down the school. So this sacrifice is better than them closing the school and sending everybody back to e-learning. Whether they should close down the school for COVID is a seperate matter, since some think they should and some think they shouldn't.

I'm afraid individual parents can't be trusted anymore, especially now with COVID, so there needs to be unified rules that everybody has to follow. I'm not saying you are doing wrong, but the whole country botched being told what to do so now everybody gets punished.
*grabs popcorn*.........

Old Posted Oct 27, 2021, 5:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnyc View Post
out here in nyc world everyone in the schools wears a mask and there is random testing, so kids can get away with their sneeze or cough.
They shouldn’t need to do either. You want kids to wear masks forever? Talk about fucking up an entire generation’s social development.
There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Old Posted Oct 27, 2021, 5:52 PM
devout Pizzatarian

Quote:
my kids have to wear masks at school too, but the CPS covid testing program has been a shambles thus far.

the rules here are clear: if your child is exhibiting any symptom that might possibly be related to covid, you have to produce a negative PCR test or self quarantine for 10 days.

the rules are dumb IMO. if a kid has cold/allergy symptoms, but does not have a fever, then let them go to school.

i'm not expecting the rules to change anytime soon because the world has in fact lost its damn mind.

Old Posted Oct 27, 2021, 5:54 PM
Dryer lint inspector

Quote:

Yes, let the state act and think for us....

Old Posted Oct 27, 2021, 5:54 PM

Quote:
continue to blithely deal illness and death all you wish. you won't be working at our company. good riddance.
I only wish I could “deal death” to idiots like yourself.
There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Old Posted Oct 27, 2021, 5:55 PM

Changed my mind. I'm staying out of this.

If the level of resistance to governmental mandates seen today had existed in the early 40s, we’d all be speaking German now.

Last edited by bilbao58; Oct 27, 2021 at 6:06 PM.

Old Posted Oct 27, 2021, 5:57 PM

People are forgetting about the "plandemic", anti vax segment on the other end. Sad being caught between two sets of morons.

Old Posted Oct 27, 2021, 5:58 PM
devout Pizzatarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilbao58 View Post
COVID is pre-symptomatically contagious. That means it can be spread by someone who has no symptoms at all.
well, in that case, the only safe path forward is to close all schools forever!

the only acceptable level of risk is zero risk!

Old Posted Oct 27, 2021, 6:11 PM
Resu Deretsiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by twister244 View Post
*grabs popcorn*.........
COVID is dangerous. Now I grab the popcorn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10023 View Post
They shouldn’t need to do either. You want kids to wear masks forever? Talk about fucking up an entire generation’s social development.
Just till they get the vaccine. Why do some of you always jump to the conclusion that there will be masks and lockdowns forever?

Quote:
Well they do fund the schools so, yeah, for the schools. You can still think the rules suck though, they can't stop people from thinking whatever they want.
Government overreach got us the vaccine too...

Old Posted Oct 27, 2021, 6:15 PM

Quote:
Public health policy is, by definition and necessity, the purview of "the state."

Old Posted Oct 27, 2021, 6:20 PM

Quote:

Looks like I was quoted before I backed out, so:

This isn't about individual risk as so many (who seem to not be able to think of anything beyond their own personal interests) believe. It's about controlling (early on it could have been about ending...too late for that) the spread of the disease.

Old Posted Oct 27, 2021, 6:21 PM
The City

Quote:
my kids have to wear masks at school too, but the CPS covid testing program has been a shambles thus far.

the rules here are clear: if your child is exhibiting any symptom that might possibly be related to covid, you have to produce a negative PCR test or self quarantine for 10 days.

the rules are dumb IMO. if a kid has cold/allergy symptoms, but does not have a fever, then let them go to school.

i'm not expecting the rules to change anytime soon because the world has in fact lost its damn mind.
You are right, of course, but there is also a "degree" of insanity to this.

Hate to say this, but the CTU is WAY more militant about these things than most of the suburban school districts. I follow the news and I hear them bitch and moan all day, and get the sense that they are just weaponizing COVID at this point.

In my district they will of course send a child home who is feeling sick, but not always. My son had a headache the other day and the school nurse didn't bother and sent him back to class. But he came back a again 2 days later with sniffles and a cough and she had to COVID test him.

I would go berserk if my kids were getting tested over and over again, as you are describing.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4W...lUKB1w8ED5bV2Q

Old Posted Oct 27, 2021, 6:23 PM
Resu Deretsiger

Quote:

That's not gonna happen and if it does, well just go to one of those states that don't believe in COVID. Especially with vaccine approval and ect.

Old Posted Oct 27, 2021, 6:24 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10023 View Post
I only wish I could “deal death” to idiots like yourself.
it's likely you have.

larping away online as you most likely are or not.

Old Posted Oct 27, 2021, 6:27 PM

Quote:
That's not gonna happen and if it does, well just go to one of those states that don't believe in COVID.
When they get to one of "those states," they will have to make sure they don't pick a school district that does believe in COVID and is willing to defy the edicts of their state government.

Old Posted Oct 27, 2021, 6:29 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

Quote:

i haven't heard of them sending kids home from schools in nyc.

maybe they have, i dk, but you don't hear that.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions