deleted

Old Posted Dec 21, 2016, 2:58 AM
Mr. Technology

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
SOM-designed office tower planned for 13th and Market parking lot

Article from Curbed Philly
http://philly.curbed.com/2016/12/20/...s-philadelphia
Views from the City Hall Tower observation deck will be pretty nice!

Old Posted Dec 23, 2016, 6:41 PM
BANNED

Old Posted Dec 25, 2016, 5:55 AM

I was told that Pulver is feeling confident about signing two tenants soon that will enable them to obtain financing and begin construction. No idea who the tenants might be.

Old Posted Dec 27, 2016, 5:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyDadBuiltThat View Post
I was told that Pulver is feeling confident about signing two tenants soon that will enable them to obtain financing and begin construction. No idea who the tenants might be.
Which is interesting, considering still no word on 2100 Market, which is similarly commercial and arguably in a "better" location, at least relative to the CBD.

That being said, I think increasingly, East of Broad is the go-to location for tech companies in Philadelphia. Maybe we're getting a grown up tenant who wants sophisticated Class A space. Until now, most of our tech firms have been gobbling up converted/improved Class B space along 13th and up and down Chestnut. No judgement, just an observation.

Obviously, I hope the rumor vis a vis the two tenants is true.

Old Posted Dec 28, 2016, 5:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd&Brown View Post
Which is interesting, considering still no word on 2100 Market, which is similarly commercial and arguably in a "better" location, at least relative to the CBD.

That being said, I think increasingly, East of Broad is the go-to location for tech companies in Philadelphia. Maybe we're getting a grown up tenant who wants sophisticated Class A space. Until now, most of our tech firms have been gobbling up converted/improved Class B space along 13th and up and down Chestnut. No judgement, just an observation.

Would be great for tech presence there

One thing though I am not sure I agree on is that 2100 is really arguably better, I guess but this is right at city hall and on top of great transit - PT access on all fronts is better at 13th and Market, not arguable

I am hopeful with the development going on east Market this will be but the first of commercial steeping stones east on Market

if this and 1911 Walnut get going is a great end of year gift IMHO

Old Posted Dec 28, 2016, 8:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidphilly View Post
One thing though I am not sure I agree on is that 2100 is really arguably better, I guess but this is right at city hall and on top of great transit - PT access on all fronts is better at 13th and Market, not arguable
Agreed. 1301 Market has direct access to the trolleys and is very close to Market East station, the blue and orange lines, and a plethora of buses. Also, the area between City Hall and 11th Street (esp once the East Market project is completed) is very solid and bustling with a nice mix of shopping (great for running lunch hour errands).

If built, 2100 Market would be on the very edge of the CBD. There isn't much happening and somewhat far from transit - not even the blue line (I still can't comprehend what city planners were thinking when they didn't build any stops on West Market). That said, I do look forward to the day when that sad stretch of Market becomes an extension of our current high rise canyon (but hopefully with more mixed usage and better ground floor retail).

Old Posted Dec 28, 2016, 10:02 PM
Midrise

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBane View Post
If built, 2100 Market would be on the very edge of the CBD. There isn't much happening and somewhat far from transit - not even the blue line (I still can't comprehend what city planners were thinking when they didn't build any stops on West Market). That said, I do look forward to the day when that sad stretch of Market becomes an extension of our current high rise canyon (but hopefully with more mixed usage and better ground floor retail).
When the subway was built through Market West there was no there there, just that damn Chinese Wall. There is, however a subway-surface line station at 22nd, just feet away from the first phase of Brandywine's project. It's served by a number of bus routes and is a 5 minute walk from 30th St.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2017, 6:31 PM
Arch. Engineer+Developer

Im late but
BUILD IT

Old Posted Jan 9, 2017, 7:10 PM

Quote:

This has historically been true as to tech companies. I don't know if it will continue to be true with an impending growth in incubators and presence of supportive established companies in University City. Room for both areas to grow exponentially in the next decade!

Old Posted Jan 9, 2017, 7:15 PM
Philly Rising Up!

I'm a fan of this modern glass designed bldg. It will be a nice contrast to the masonry buildings in its surrounding, especially City Hall. Build it, it's a no brainer.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2017, 7:28 PM
BANNED

Quote:

1301 Market is close to city hall station and 2 blocks from Jefferson. 2100 market is close to a trolley station and a quarter mile or more from 30th street. I think 1301 is arguably a better location from a transit standpoint and from a nearby amenities standpoint- especially with East Market going up 1 block east.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2017, 8:56 PM

This is now attached to the "Philadelphia Projects and Construction" forum. Thanks Summers and mods!

Old Posted Jan 9, 2017, 10:51 PM
Midrise

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1487 View Post
1301 Market is close to city hall station and 2 blocks from Jefferson. 2100 market is close to a trolley station and a quarter mile or more from 30th street. I think 1301 is arguably a better location from a transit standpoint and from a nearby amenities standpoint- especially with East Market going up 1 block east.
Call it 2120 Market and lets say 30th Street Station is 2901 Market. Google maps says it's .3 miles and a 6 minute walk.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2017, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Not to mention that 1301 is also right on top of the 13th Street MFL station, and only 2 blocks from the City Hall BSL station. Also close to 11th Street on the MFL, which connects to Jefferson Station and all of its amenities.

Old Posted Jan 10, 2017, 1:28 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayfar View Post
Call it 2120 Market and lets say 30th Street Station is 2901 Market. Google maps says it's .3 miles and a 6 minute walk.
Not much around 2120 market. 1301 is definitely surrounded by more retail and food. One thing about 1301 is that there is a huge subway headhouse on that block that creates a major obstacle in front of this lot. Not so much of an issue for a parking lot, but it would be awkward once there is a huge office building there.

Old Posted Jan 10, 2017, 1:51 PM

I will have to agree that 13th and Market is definitely the better location over 22nd and Market. I work at 24th and Walnut and often get off at the 22nd street trolley stop, there is nothing around. You are in this weird place where you are not quite on Rittenhouse or in the CBD. There is just nothing around except residential buildings and the occasional food spot. With that said I love where I work, during good weather I love running the trail during lunch.

Old Posted Jan 10, 2017, 2:31 PM

I used to work at the Wannamaker building and it was great! Access to RTM, Macy's of course, and numerous other eateries, shops, doctors offices, etc. I was always able to fill my lunch hour with worthwhile errands.

Old Posted Jan 10, 2017, 3:14 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBane View Post
I used to work at the Wannamaker building and it was great! Access to RTM, Macy's of course, and numerous other eateries, shops, doctors offices, etc. I was always able to fill my lunch hour with worthwhile errands.
yes, the way I see it you would have to offer more tenant incentives at 21st and market than at 13th and market. Or at 21st and market it would be critical that the building have a lot of amenities and eateries within the footprint of the building.

Old Posted Jan 10, 2017, 5:03 PM

Quote:
yes, the way I see it you would have to offer more tenant incentives at 21st and market than at 13th and market. Or at 21st and market it would be critical that the building have a lot of amenities and eateries within the footprint of the building.
I think 13th and Market is in a much better location but when Aramark moves to their new location I think it'll spur more retail and restaurants in the area. A lot of the Aramark employees go out for lunch and have been spoiled with so much in a short distance for a long time now. It's going to be a culture shock for them to have to travel more than a few blocks. I think by 2018/19 there will be a lot more options in the area, there's just not enough demand now.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals