HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jul 31, 2020, 1:03 PM

Quote:
IF there isn't an economic collapse in the aftermath, conferences/conventions will come roaring back
There is no indication that anything will be "roaring back."

We have to accept that even if we have a vaccine, a return to normal will take time. It just will.

Old Posted Aug 2, 2020, 8:36 PM

Know this is slightly outside of the bounds of normal content, but this is a group that would care about this:

Centennial Olympic Park has barricaded itself off from the public, and refuses to open for the duration of 2020. Atlanta can't be a city that privatizes its public spaces like this - there's just no way Downtown can become the livable neighborhood we all want it to be if the GWCCA pulls stunts like this.

Please sign and share this petition (and bonus points for e-mailing the state reps and senators who oversee the GWCCA): http://chng.it/GqwmnYHf67

Old Posted Aug 3, 2020, 3:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaguffin View Post

We have to accept that even if we have a vaccine, a return to normal will take time. It just will.
Time will tell.

Old Posted Aug 4, 2020, 8:40 PM

Interesting Design for Downtown Atlanta

Wyndham Destinations Looks to Put Millennials Into Urban Timeshares
Skift
Cameron Sperance, Skift
SkiftJuly 29, 2020

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/wyndh...-sh&soc_trk=tw

Old Posted Aug 4, 2020, 10:04 PM

Crane Watch

Cousins CEO may have dropped a hint about Google's massive Atlanta expansion

https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/...S2lOMmpYIn0%3D

Old Posted Aug 5, 2020, 7:01 PM

Ideally a tenant to get the Cousins Tower going.

Old Posted Aug 5, 2020, 9:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayden View Post
Ideally a tenant to get the Cousins Tower going.
The article just makes it sound like it was google’s expansion at 1105 WP maybe I’m reading it wrong.

Old Posted Aug 5, 2020, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
The article just makes it sound like it was google’s expansion at 1105 WP maybe I’m reading it wrong.
Oh I didn't read it.

Wasn't there a rumor of 1105 possibly increasing the floor count if they took more space?

Old Posted Aug 6, 2020, 6:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaguffin View Post

Fear, not so much the virus, is the principle enemy and could keep the economy suppressed interminably. Ex: I just reconnected with an old teammate just Tuesday. I asked if he wanted to meet for coffee. He told me he’s still uncomfortable being around people other than his wife. He’s 32.

Old Posted Aug 6, 2020, 8:56 PM

1105 West Peachtree Street

Based on my info and the article four more floors were added and that makes it 36?

Old Posted Aug 6, 2020, 9:10 PM

Your info is wrong. Is that supposed to be your proof? That pic shows 29 floors I do believe as they have always claimed. The building hasn’t changed so stop the baseless rumors please. Buildings don’t get approval and then add more floors after the fact. Stop the gossip crap.

Furrhermore, they are capped based on FAR so not possible to go higher.

The next time you are contemplating what the hell went wrong in your life, look in a mirror!

Old Posted Aug 6, 2020, 9:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlriser View Post
Your info is wrong. Is that supposed to be your proof? That pic shows 29 floors I do believe as they have always claimed. The building hasn’t changed so stop the baseless rumors please. Buildings don’t get approval and then add more floors after the fact. Stop the gossip crap.

Furrhermore, they are capped based on FAR so not possible to go higher.
Not saying you're wrong, but I am almost certain that at least half the things you are asserting is not confirmed to be true.

Old Posted Aug 6, 2020, 10:56 PM

Which half? Please enlighten...

As opposed to the baseless other statement which brought my comment, again enlighten us please!?

The next time you are contemplating what the hell went wrong in your life, look in a mirror!

Old Posted Aug 6, 2020, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Which half? Please enlighten...

As opposed to the baseless other statement which brought my comment, again enlighten us please!?
Well for starters, the office tower has been long confirmed to be 32 stories

Old Posted Aug 7, 2020, 2:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayden View Post
Well for starters, the office tower has been long confirmed to be 32 stories
Where has that been confirmed? From the rendering it is 29 stories at 12th and 30 stories at 13th (depending on how the change in street elevation is handled in the lobby design). Adding the open design structure at the top would make it appear 2 stories taller; however that does not increase the floor count. Speculation was 32 based off the initial rendering which isn’t what is being built. Maybe it’s 32 if you count the underground parking but that’s not typically how you count the number of floors in an office building.

If it is confirmed to be 32 that’s fine, it is still baseless rumors to start saying it has added 4 floors which was my point. The overall project for the entire block was at max FAR when it broke ground and can’t be enlarged with additional floors.

A few other points, the building is 675,000 SF per the website and has 27,000 SF floor plates. That calculates to 25 stories, but I am ASSUMING those are the upper levels above the sky park. Thus the lower floors in the podium are smaller leasable plates with some areas being taken up with parking and mechanicals for the 1 acre sky park thus making the building taller than 25 floors. That’s my ASSUMPTION.

Last edited by Atlriser; Aug 7, 2020 at 3:17 AM.

Old Posted Aug 7, 2020, 5:06 AM

With all the bitching happening on this page, one would think that Atlanta doesn't have a ton of construction happening from one end of the city to the other at the present moment.

Geez, enuf already.

Old Posted Aug 7, 2020, 2:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLMidcity View Post
With all the bitching happening on this page, one would think that Atlanta doesn't have a ton of construction happening from one end of the city to the other at the present moment.

Geez, enuf already.
Thank you

Old Posted Aug 7, 2020, 8:25 PM

Quote:
Where has that been confirmed?  From the rendering it is 29 stories at 12th and  30 stories at 13th (depending on how the change in street elevation is handled in the lobby design). Adding the open design structure at the top would make it appear 2 stories taller; however that does not increase the floor count. Speculation was 32 based off the initial rendering which isn’t what is being built.  Maybe it’s 32 if you count the underground parking but that’s not typically how you count the number of floors in an office building.

If it is confirmed to be 32 that’s fine, it is still baseless rumors to start saying it has added 4 floors which was my point.  The overall project for the entire block was at max FAR when it broke ground and can’t be enlarged with additional floors.

A few other points, the building is 675,000 SF per the website and has 27,000 SF floor plates.  That calculates to 25 stories, but I am ASSUMING those are the upper levels above the sky park. Thus the lower floors in the podium are smaller leasable plates with some areas being taken up with parking and mechanicals for the 1 acre sky park thus making the building taller than 25 floors.  That’s my ASSUMPTION.
32 floors (sometimes 31) is what has been reported for the office tower since it was first proposed. Every mention of it that I have seen on the Midtown Alliance site says 32 stories.
Quote:
Atlanta real estate company Selig Enterprises Inc. is proposing a $400 million development, anchored by a 32-story tower, along West Peachtree Street — the formerly overlooked Midtown corridor now booming with new projects.
https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/...own-mixed.html

Last edited by Martinman; Aug 8, 2020 at 1:05 AM.

Old Posted Aug 8, 2020, 3:20 AM

For what it's worth, I came across this article in regards to 1105 W Peachtree with mention of floor count.

"Selig also confirmed recently that Google is set to make 1105 West Peachtree its Southeast headquarters, claiming five floors of the planned 31-story office tower."

https://atlanta.curbed.com/2020/1/15...e-construction

Old Posted Aug 10, 2020, 2:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxtheUrban View Post
For what it's worth, I came across this article in regards to 1105 W Peachtree with mention of floor count.

"Selig also confirmed recently that Google is set to make 1105 West Peachtree its Southeast headquarters, claiming five floors of the planned 31-story office tower."

https://atlanta.curbed.com/2020/1/15...e-construction
From January--
Since updated to just about the whole building at 300,000 to 460,000 sf (that number is a bit unclear given the recent 300,000 sf expansion i not defined as total or additional area)--

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations