HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Aug 16, 2020, 3:22 PM

You're welcome. I particularly like that all glass condo on the back side of the Sculpture Garden.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2020, 5:07 PM

That apartment building at 2nd & 2nd is just, ugh! Looks like a giant parking ramp from the seventies.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2020, 4:21 PM

Totally agree that it looks like a parking ramp. Horrible.

Old Posted Aug 18, 2020, 7:11 PM

Kingfield’s Center for Performing Arts is celebrating its 25th anniversary by breaking ground on an expansion that will allow for new programming and support services for local artists and the surrounding community.

Its five-story, 23,129-square-foot addition, unveiled in spring 2019, will occupy the seven-space parking lot directly west of the existing building and will nearly double the center’s rentable square footage. The structure will include two ground-floor, 100-seat performance spaces, a new lobby and walkways connecting the addition with the existing building, which will remain intact.

https://www.southwestjournal.com/new...ins-expansion/

Old Posted Aug 19, 2020, 2:48 AM

2701 Girard -- 4 floors -- apartments -- Lowry Hill East/Uptown -- 8/18/20

Kolo (formerly 36 Bryant) -- 4 floors -- apartments -- East Harriet -- 8/18/20

Lake Street Dwelling Phase I -- 6 floors -- apartments & retail -- Whittier/LynLake -- 8/18/20

The Asher -- 7 floors -- apartments & retail -- Whittier/Uptown -- 8/18/20

Cambria & Fairfield -- 6 floors -- hotel -- Downtown West -- 8/18/20

1400 Park -- 6 floors -- apartments & retail -- Elliot Park -- 8/18/20

Old Posted Aug 19, 2020, 4:23 PM

I'm still not sure about the Asher. Strange lot that it is on. Could have been a nice public plaza but at the same time with amount of traffic on Lake and Lagoon probably not so much. I wonder if it it going to have any retail on the ground floor. Overall it's a unique property and they've done a good job with the design. I hope the outside lighting scheme will really enhance the prominent location.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2020, 2:06 AM

1400 Park looks huge. Maybe a bit too much. Still great infill.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2020, 2:21 PM

Kind of an odd location for a hotel. I suppose it might work for both the Target Center and Target Field.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2020, 10:13 PM

Have they started this project yet? Anyone have any news?

https://www.southwestjournal.com/new...n-towers-plan/

A revised proposal to expand Calhoun Towers calls for adding a 26-story apartment tower and a cluster of three smaller apartment buildings to the 5.4-acre complex in West Calhoun — replacing earlier plans to build two 20-plus-story towers and two mid-sized buildings on the site.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2020, 3:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN/WI View Post
I'm still not sure about the Asher. Strange lot that it is on. Could have been a nice public plaza but at the same time with amount of traffic on Lake and Lagoon probably not so much. I wonder if it it going to have any retail on the ground floor. Overall it's a unique property and they've done a good job with the design. I hope the outside lighting scheme will really enhance the prominent location.
It'll have two retail spaces. Here's the leasing brochure for the retail: https://s3.amazonaws.com/transwester...-marketing.pdf .

Quote:
Have they started this project yet? Anyone have any news?

https://www.southwestjournal.com/new...n-towers-plan/

A revised proposal to expand Calhoun Towers calls for adding a 26-story apartment tower and a cluster of three smaller apartment buildings to the 5.4-acre complex in West Calhoun — replacing earlier plans to build two 20-plus-story towers and two mid-sized buildings on the site.
I don't think so. I was over at that site about two weeks ago and there wasn't anything going on for that project. The LRT construction right to the north of it is in full swing, though, and the area is very busy with construction in general. But as far as I could tell it was all for the LRT and associated changes to the streets and paths, not for the buildings.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2020, 4:28 PM

Cool glad the Asher will have some retail. I'm going to always miss that Arby's sign. I used to live a block south on 31st and for 15 years it was part of the neighborhood for me. Of course Rainbow Foods is gone along with many other things. One of the guys I used to rent a room to and I are going to get together and check the neighborhood out soon.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2020, 10:49 PM

It's too bad about the Calhoun towers, going from 2 to 1. I hope it doesn't get cancelled all together. It's rare that anything tall gets approved for anything near the lakes.

Old Posted Aug 22, 2020, 7:35 PM

It's amazing how the Mill District has transformed over the last 20 years. Hell even the last 10.

Last month Nick Walton bought what he thinks is the last available redevelopment parcel in the Minneapolis Mill District, a stretch of former bluff land overlooking St. Anthony Falls on the downtown side of the Mississippi River where lumber barons made fortunes and tycoons made Minneapolis the flour capital of the world.

Next month, Walton plans to break ground on a 12-story rental building on a site at 200 S. 12th Av., that was never officially on the market, but is in an area with few options for developers.

https://www.startribune.com/develope...ict/572186452/

Old Posted Aug 23, 2020, 5:00 PM

To be honest, like the one 26 vs. two 20 story option. Of course, I will be shocked if it doesn't get NIMBYed to nothing or another generic 6 story thing. Lots of 'Portlandia' folk in the area who might not be too happy.

Old Posted Aug 25, 2020, 12:36 AM

I always like the presence of 2 identical towers. More impactful statement.

Old Posted Aug 25, 2020, 12:58 AM

Quote:
I always like the presence of 2 identical towers. More impactful statement.
At this point, I am pretty happy about anything we get! Of course, if you can initially build something really tall, anything shorter won't cause as much outcry (maybe) as it is no longer breaking barriers.

Old Posted Aug 25, 2020, 4:38 PM

Yea I agree, at this point just get started.

Old Posted Aug 26, 2020, 4:53 PM

New 27 story proposal possibility next to current construction at 270 Hennepin. This new address proposal is 17 N. Washington Av. https://www.skyscrapercity.com/threa...post-169495715

Can't wait to see the design. Will it coordinate with 270 Henn or not. Same builders.

Old Posted Aug 26, 2020, 5:14 PM

Wow nice. I'm lazy, height on 270 Hennepin?

Old Posted Aug 27, 2020, 11:43 PM

Everything released is in that link. So will have to wait until the meeting.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations