HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

Old Posted May 27, 2017, 6:17 PM

I don't think one company will come in and lease Aramark's space at 1101 Market. It will likely be filled with a bunch of companies looking for smaller space.

Old Posted May 27, 2017, 7:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
I don't think one company will come in and lease Aramark's space at 1101 Market. It will likely be filled with a bunch of companies looking for smaller space.
Agree. Maybe a new building at 1301, East Market Development, and Gallery reno will spur Marriott to up its game too. I don't think it's so much as changed an awning on the retail stores in the last 10 years.

Old Posted May 28, 2017, 1:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbrook View Post
True. But I can't see how 1101 Market will compete with a new building built today even if they do a gut renovation once Aramark leaves. This will be a trophy building. I guess 1101 Market is still Class A, but this building will probably command higher rents and class of tenants.
As you referred to, one big way 1101 Market will have of 'competing' is charging half as much for rent as any new construction.

Old Posted May 30, 2017, 6:58 PM

1301 Market will make a nice addition to Market East. Just wish it had a little more character.
It's a very handsome building, but overall~just a pretty square box.

And I hope the façade on the Ludlow (Market East Project) settles down and tightens up those crooked pieces.
It's strange that a few sections of glass weren't installed yet. Maybe they don't fit? Let's hope it all works out.
It's a great looking building, and hardly noticeable from a distance. But it's not hand greanades and horseshoes we're dealing with.

Old Posted Jun 1, 2017, 10:44 AM

[QUOTE=mmikeyphilly;7819668]1301 Market will make a nice addition to Market East. Just wish it had a little more character.
It's a very handsome building, but overall~just a pretty square box.

Damn man , it's 547' tall .
I'd take almost anything over 500' tall on east Market .
But because I'm both confused and curious , what would you want in it's place ??

Old Posted Jun 1, 2017, 1:05 PM

All of my renderings on this property over 700' feet start to become an eyesore... Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love super talls. But, I believe 547' feet is a perfect height for this sight and it's surroundings.

Old Posted Jun 1, 2017, 1:51 PM

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think we shouldn't focus on the preliminary render. There are still a number of milestones to hit the least of which is finding tenants to take enough space to build to the proposed height. I would not be surprised if this is altered a bit before it ever gets off the ground.

Old Posted Jun 1, 2017, 2:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova08 View Post
Maybe I'm wrong, but I think we shouldn't focus on the preliminary render. There are still a number of milestones to hit the least of which is finding tenants to take enough space to build to the proposed height. I would not be surprised if this is altered a bit before it ever gets off the ground.
Very true

Old Posted Jun 1, 2017, 7:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_ton_ View Post
All of my renderings on this property over 700' feet start to become an eyesore... Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love super talls. But, I believe 547' feet is a perfect height for this sight and it's surroundings.
Further east, particularly at 8th and Market, buildings over 700' could work really well, and bring the skyline further east, as University City and its skyscrapers begin to come up, making the skyline, as viewed from the south and north, very wide.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2017, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Saturn64 View Post
Further east, particularly at 8th and Market, buildings over 700' could work really well, and bring the skyline further east, as University City and its skyscrapers begin to come up, making the skyline, as viewed from the south and north, very wide.
Your right, all of my renderings and projects towards that area of the city work beautifully and really contribute to a gorgeous wide skyline. I wish there was a more dramatic drive to expand and grow higher in those areas, to really see what the skyline could become.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2017, 2:45 PM

Quote:
Your right, all of my renderings and projects towards that area of the city work beautifully and really contribute to a gorgeous wide skyline. I wish there was a more dramatic drive to expand and grow higher in those areas, to really see what the skyline could become.
If the Galley/Fashion Outlets and the East Market development are successful, we could see another tall tower or two on Market east of Broad. Might take the residential component of the Gallery PREIT is mulling to come to fruition. Right now, it's too risky to place more development there. The 6th and Market parking garage and obviously the Disney Hole are prime candidates for redevelopment if things line up correctly.

Could you share your renders here?!

Old Posted Jun 2, 2017, 3:35 PM
Philly Pholly

I've been having fun with SketchUp and creating my own Philly skyline. I try not to post them here as to avoid any confusion. I made a Facebook page called PhillyPholly for those who are interested.

CC East XTREME

Old Posted Jun 2, 2017, 3:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbrook View Post
If the Galley/Fashion Outlets and the East Market development are successful, we could see another tall tower or two on Market east of Broad. Might take the residential component of the Gallery PREIT is mulling to come to fruition. Right now, it's too risky to place more development there. The 6th and Market parking garage and obviously the Disney Hole are prime candidates for redevelopment if things line up correctly.

Could you share your renders here?!
I would love to, I will try to upload them soon.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2017, 5:04 PM

Quote:
I would love to, I will try to upload them soon.
Great! And nice, SEFTA! Will check our your facebook page.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2017, 9:06 PM

That's awesome. Your fictional buildings look great. Although personally, I think the building you called "50 N Broad Street" would look perfect at 8th and Market. A building of that caliber - including one over 1,000 feet, would work very well on that lot.

Old Posted Aug 8, 2017, 1:52 PM

Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place . I haven't seen or read anything on this 547' tower in more than two months .
Is it being held under wraps for some unknown reason , or has it passed away and moved to the "also ran " bin .
...... If so , a damn shame . Really liked this proposal . A great addition ..... it could have been .....

Old Posted Aug 8, 2017, 2:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo the Great View Post
Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place . I haven't seen or read anything on this 547' tower in more than two months .
Is it being held under wraps for some unknown reason , or has it passed away and moved to the "also ran " bin .
...... If so , a damn shame . Really liked this proposal . A great addition ..... it could have been .....
All along I think the general consensus has been that there is a bit of a long runway for this project. They are actively leasing space, but they probably need to sign a few sizeable tenants before this thing moves forward.

Old Posted Aug 8, 2017, 2:52 PM

Quote:
Early optimism regarding the possible signing two larger tenets didn't pan out.

Last edited by MyDadBuiltThat; Aug 8, 2017 at 7:46 PM. Reason: clarificiation

Old Posted Aug 8, 2017, 6:32 PM

Quote:

On a proposal such as this, 2 or 3 months w/o any news is no big deal. Keep your fingers crossed, but don't hold your breath!

Old Posted Aug 8, 2017, 9:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Wide View Post
On a proposal such as this, 2 or 3 months w/o any news is no big deal. Keep your fingers crossed, but don't hold your breath!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals