HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley

Old Posted Jun 15, 2020, 4:59 AM

Old Posted Jun 15, 2020, 5:46 AM

I think charging for short-term parking is going to deter many people from visiting this mall and will have nearby residential streets packed with cars. It may sound silly for a few dollars but that's how your average driver thinks when going shopping.

I can understand charging for long-term parking to deter park+ride but first two hours should be free.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2020, 3:25 PM

The undeveloped surface lot spaces are still free

Old Posted Jun 15, 2020, 4:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klazu View Post
I think charging for short-term parking is going to deter many people from visiting this mall and will have nearby residential streets packed with cars. It may sound silly for a few dollars but that's how your average driver thinks when going shopping.

I can understand charging for long-term parking to deter park+ride but first two hours should be free.
Wow, that's insane. They built a massive parking lot from what I could tell last time I was there. This will be a huge deterrent.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2020, 6:20 PM

Quote:

I agree. Given free alternatives at Metrotown it would be a deterrent. Businesses at Granville Island claimed pay parking cost them around 15% of their business. With Covid parking there has gone back to being free, I wonder if it will be reinstated when its all over.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2020, 6:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatnext View Post
Businesses at Granville Island claimed pay parking cost them around 15% of their business. With Covid parking there has gone back to being free, I wonder if it will be reinstated when its all over.
This is interesting news and happy that there was a follow-up on this. I like Granville Island but being from the suburbs, I only visit after 6pm when parking has remained free. I wonder whose idea it was to start charging for parking in the first place?

Old Posted Jun 15, 2020, 8:09 PM

Quote:
This is interesting news and happy that there was a follow-up on this. I like Granville Island but being from the suburbs, I only visit after 6pm when parking has remained free. I wonder whose idea it was to start charging for parking in the first place?
The owners of Granville Island (CMHC) introduced pay parking on all spots in 2019. When there was a mixture of pay and free parking, too many cars were driving around the island trying to find a free space. The long term plan is to reduce the amount of vehicles on the Island, but that will require better alternative access (transit, and perhaps an elevator to Granville Bridge).

The current free parking is because most stores are still closed, but once they reopen parking fees are expected to be charged again.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2020, 9:53 PM

I know we are off-topic but I have never found parking appalling-looking on Granville Island as it is so well-integrated inside the area and not a huge bare parking lot. Bigger issue for traffic there are the cement trucks but they are also part of the bizarre appeal of the place.

If they want to get rid of cars and parking on the island, they will kill all businesses there. It's only supported by tourists during the 3 summer months and rest of the year it is driving customers.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2020, 9:55 PM

Walkthough - ventilation fan

Hi

I have walked though my unit mid May
and noticed back then the bathroom fan was so loud
The walkthough coordinator informed me that it should work as a lung for the unit so it should be left turned on 24/7 and there is no way to turn it off

i am concerned if I can put up with it when we actually move in.

Did anyone have the same issue or felt the same during your walkthough?
He told me that it was because of vent structure for each unit.

Old Posted Jun 16, 2020, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjoo View Post
Hi

The walkthough coordinator informed me that it should work as a lung for the unit so it should be left turned on 24/7 and there is no way to turn it off

I had the same vent and I don't remember any noise.

I just checked my video I took and no audible sound from any bathroom vents

Last edited by burnaby91; Jun 17, 2020 at 12:05 AM.

Old Posted Jun 17, 2020, 4:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjoo View Post
Hi

Mine has a unit that allows you to turn on and off. Has an auto setting where you can set the humidity. We turn ours on every time someone takes a shower.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2020, 12:34 AM

Got a call from Shape re-dining room table. We weren't supposed to have a table; they called to confirm. While I was on the phone with them, I inquired regarding the completion letters. They were estimating sending the letters out in early-mid July. Cutting it close with the end of July deadline.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2020, 8:29 PM

I hope shape is not doing what they did to tower 1 to us in tower 2...trying to rent out all the rental units before giving our closing date...but...most likely is...

Old Posted Jun 26, 2020, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bankai01 View Post
I hope shape is not doing what they did to tower 1 to us in tower 2...trying to rent out all the rental units before giving our closing date...but...most likely is...
T2 is full owner occupied

Old Posted Jun 27, 2020, 8:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangeray View Post
T2 is full owner occupied
yeah I know, there's still rental space in T1.

Old Posted Jul 4, 2020, 2:38 AM

Got my closing date. July 21 closing and july 22nd key possession. It states i can schedule a move-in date and elevator rental once the title of the unit is transferred over.

Tower 2, 35th floor.

Old Posted Jul 4, 2020, 3:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamir View Post
Got my closing date. July 21 closing and july 22nd key possession. It states i can schedule a move-in date and elevator rental once the title of the unit is transferred over.

Tower 2, 35th floor.
How exciting! Thanks for letting us know. Did they contact you or your lawyer/notary?

Old Posted Jul 4, 2020, 8:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamir View Post

Tower 2, 35th floor.
Awesome! I wonder what order they are going by!

Old Posted Jul 4, 2020, 9:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wh0-care5 View Post
How exciting! Thanks for letting us know. Did they contact you or your lawyer/notary?
I got the email from TAB!

Old Posted Jul 6, 2020, 8:40 PM

T2 49th Floor.

Got an email from TAB for our completion date of July 30 and Possession for July 31st!

Best of luck to everyone!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley