HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Jan 29, 2021, 6:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXFlyer11 View Post
There really aren't any decent sports bars downtown. Hooters is too far from the Arena and Ballpark, Majerle's is basically a novelty with awful food, and I think Titled Kilt closed (which was trash anyways).

I just think it'd be great to have something like a Zipps or Cold Beers. Doesn't have to be one of those brands but they somethink with that type of environment, plenty of TVs, audio and good food.
Zipps is committed to a bar in every Phoenix Neighborhood.

They just opened Midtown in the Summer and its doing great. I would not be surprised to see a Zipps downtown in the next 2 years.

I hate zipps but I also love zipps

Old Posted Jan 29, 2021, 6:30 PM
Modulator

Portrait 2 tower crane coming down. Our tower crane count is slowly dwindling. We need some new developments to start.

Old Posted Jan 29, 2021, 7:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrestedSaguaro View Post
Portrait 2 tower crane coming down. Our tower crane count is slowly dwindling. We need some new developments to start.
I totally agree with you Crested,but with only two months left in Q1 do we see any ground breakings soon?

Old Posted Jan 29, 2021, 9:04 PM

13 Things DTPHX Can Look Forward To In 2021

Fluff piece on DTPHX.

Nothing we don't already know about but this is my first time seeing a rendering of the Home2Suites Hilton Hotel in the Warehouse District.

https://dtphx.org/2021/01/29/downtow...rd-to-in-2021/

Old Posted Jan 29, 2021, 9:16 PM
Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASU Diablo View Post
Fluff piece on DTPHX.

Nothing we don't already know about but this is my first time seeing a rendering of the Home2Suites Hilton Hotel in the Warehouse District.

https://dtphx.org/2021/01/29/downtow...rd-to-in-2021/

Funny. I walked by there about 10 mins ago. They are doing full interior work in the adjacent warehouse. I'm glad they're integrating the warehouse into the hotel. I hope they add a bar or something along with the lobby.

Old Posted Jan 29, 2021, 9:27 PM

The Ellis is the most intersting thing on that list in my opinion.

"From the developer behind Urban Yoga and The Lexington in midtown, the historic Ellis Building located at 135 N. Second Avenue will have a focus on healthy living and lifestyle concepts, according to Douglas Edgelow, president of Equus Development Corp.Renovations include restoring the interior and exterior to its former Art Deco glory and adding a coworking space, a basement speakeasy, restaurants, retail, and a ground-floor daycare. The seven-floor, mixed-use building is expected to open later this year."

Old Posted Jan 29, 2021, 9:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post
Zipps is committed to a bar in every Phoenix Neighborhood.

They just opened Midtown in the Summer and its doing great. I would not be surprised to see a Zipps downtown in the next 2 years.

I hate zipps but I also love zipps
HAHA I agree. Some of the locations have gone to shit though. The Arcadia one is awful, I won't go there anymore. Luckily I can walk to the Midtown one which is great! Not great is they imposed a limit on beers now. I know they had it on Zipperitas, but we had to leave at halftime during football season to go another bar.

Probably my favorite wings in the Valley and for some reason I love the pizza. But I also hate it for how I feel the next morning after Zipps.

Old Posted Jan 29, 2021, 10:23 PM
Skyriser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamonddave View Post
I totally agree with you Crested,but with only two months left in Q1 do we see any ground breakings soon?
Skye on 6th St and Garfield and First McKinley on 1st Ave and McKinley are imminent. I think First will come somewhat later with construction scheduling.

Old Posted Jan 30, 2021, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by combusean View Post
Skye on 6th St and Garfield and First McKinley on 1st Ave and McKinley are imminent. I think First will come somewhat later with construction scheduling.
Didn't I hear someone say First McKinley and X Social Communities are supposed to built at the same time too?

So is there a chance for 3 groundbreakings?

I'm very excited for Skye. That's basically going to be built in my backyard. I ain't no NIMBY. Bring it on!

Old Posted Jan 30, 2021, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Code5 View Post
Didn't I hear someone say First McKinley and X Social Communities are supposed to built at the same time too?
Same contractor is supposed to build both, Katerra, who has built a bunch of the recent high rises downtown. They are building the utilities in the road for both at the same time to save costs for both developers and minimize disruptions to the public.

That said, they are still two different design and development teams so their schedules outside of that work will be different. Right now I think First McKinley is expected around late Q2, with maybe demo of the others building and parking canopies starting sooner. X Basecamp will probably follow a few months later in Q3 is my guess.

Old Posted Jan 30, 2021, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggus diggus View Post
The Ellis is the most intersting thing on that list in my opinion.

"From the developer behind Urban Yoga and The Lexington in midtown, the historic Ellis Building located at 135 N. Second Avenue will have a focus on healthy living and lifestyle concepts, according to Douglas Edgelow, president of Equus Development Corp.Renovations include restoring the interior and exterior to its former Art Deco glory and adding a coworking space, a basement speakeasy, restaurants, retail, and a ground-floor daycare. The seven-floor, mixed-use building is expected to open later this year."
I forgot about this one. I don't know how they're planning on restoring it to its former art deco glory. To me that means the original interior and exterior are still there and covered up. Seems like they're long since gone. If there's something salvageable, that would be great.

Old Posted Jan 31, 2021, 1:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrestedSaguaro View Post
Funny. I walked by there about 10 mins ago. They are doing full interior work in the adjacent warehouse. I'm glad they're integrating the warehouse into the hotel. I hope they add a bar or something along with the lobby.
Wow, killer addition to DT!!! New tallest????

Old Posted Jan 31, 2021, 4:29 AM

So I was on the official Instagram for Rastegar 40 weeks ago and I asked this question. They just replied to me an hour ago and said this.

So keep your eyes out for some possible future renderings. Unless I've been miffed!

Old Posted Jan 31, 2021, 4:53 AM

Was not expecting anything from Rastegar if I am being honest. That is pretty huge if they break ground this year and use the full height. I would be beside myself if we get TWO towers over 500' breaking ground this year.

Old Posted Jan 31, 2021, 5:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMDelon View Post
Was not expecting anything from Rastegar if I am being honest. That is pretty huge if they break ground this year and use the full height. I would be beside myself if we get TWO towers over 500' breaking ground this year.
Neither was I! I even forgot I asked them that question. When I read that reply, I was shocked! If this is true, and they do use the full height on that lot, or even push to go higher, it will be outstanding.

Old Posted Jan 31, 2021, 5:27 AM
Chase M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Code5 View Post
Neither was I! I even forgot I asked them that question. When I read that reply, I was shocked! If this is true, and they do use the full height on that lot, or even push to go higher, it will be outstanding.
I'd hope they'd try and go higher seeing as how Astra got approved with its additional height, I would think the city will make certain exceptions on a case by case basis like they did with Astra.

Old Posted Jan 31, 2021, 6:29 AM

Hopefully this comes true. To reply to a very old reply on IG is a good sign. It also apparently being condos is another good sign.

Old Posted Jan 31, 2021, 6:56 AM
Skyriser

That sounds very ambitious to be breaking ground this year when they haven't even submitted any plans.

Old Posted Jan 31, 2021, 10:40 AM

Quote:
That sounds very ambitious to be breaking ground this year when they haven't even submitted any plans.
I agree breaking ground this year with no renderings planning meetings. What has the city approved?

Old Posted Jan 31, 2021, 2:42 PM

Quote:
That's the only reason I'm suspicious.
Hopeful! But I'll believe it when I see it!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest