HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Feb 21, 2020, 8:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseM View Post
I just hope when and if the city council decides to have a formal meeting on the project people will be able to get down there and voice their concerns with proposals. The city needs to think long-term and not be so short cited, like many have stated in the long run Hines is the better option, they went outside the box. Not only are they bringing another hotel but creating more jobs downtown with Barings willing to lease half the space but they still have room left over for more companies to grow or expand their presence downtown.
Considering all Hines has proposed around downtown they clearly are interested in Phoenix development in a big big way. The city should really embrace them more as a company.

Old Posted Feb 25, 2020, 2:15 AM

https://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/...n-phoenix.html

Not sure if this is news or not. New renderings of the ASU Innovation dorm were posted. I'm just shocked this is a free biz journals article! Lol

Four little pictures, but they give a nicer sense of how it will look from the park. I so hope Astra gets approval. It'll look gorgeous behind this building!

Old Posted Feb 25, 2020, 3:08 AM

That’s already been brought up and discussed on its own thread.

Old Posted Feb 25, 2020, 5:31 PM

https://mailchi.mp/1ad23838c55e/comi...VUalK2aQ0IsGks

New retail coming to the Ten-O-One building at Central and Roosevelt. Their website markets both a mixture of clothing and home furnishing items.

Old Posted Feb 25, 2020, 5:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phxguy View Post
https://mailchi.mp/1ad23838c55e/comi...VUalK2aQ0IsGks

New retail coming to the Ten-O-One building at Central and Roosevelt. Their website markets both a mixture of clothing and home furnishing items.
What is Now or Never? Retail botique?

Old Posted Feb 25, 2020, 5:50 PM

That whole building will be a showpiece if it is truly redone as in the picture!!!!!!

Old Posted Feb 25, 2020, 5:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXFlyer11 View Post
What is Now or Never? Retail botique?
Yeah, retailer out of Tucson. Looks like both home decor and clothing apparel.

Old Posted Feb 25, 2020, 9:11 PM
Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gymratmanaz View Post
That whole building will be a showpiece if it is truly redone as in the picture!!!!!!
That's probably the best version of the building I have seen. I definitely wish they would stick to something. I think that's like the 3rd or 4th design I've seen.

Old Posted Feb 26, 2020, 12:55 AM

These retail announcements keep coming...Lawn Gnome (the used book store that used to be on 5th St) will return to 5th St to the bungalow that used to house Melt and Buried Treasures, 912 N 5th St. This excites me greatly, a book shop downtown is always welcome!

Old Posted Feb 26, 2020, 7:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phxguy View Post
These retail announcements keep coming...Lawn Gnome (the used book store that used to be on 5th St) will return to 5th St to the bungalow that used to house Melt and Buried Treasures, 912 N 5th St. This excites me greatly, a book shop downtown is always welcome!

Retail is what downtown is missing. Great news about Lawn Gnome and the news about the tucson boutique moving into the 1010 building. Just saw that another boutique open in the old bosque (sic) plant store at the monorchad. It might have been there awhile.

Old Posted Feb 26, 2020, 9:00 PM

I was downtown for meetings today and I saw what looked to be a parts of a red tower crane headed south on 7th st from I-10 and turned left onto either Garfield or McKinley st. I wonder where it was being delivered?

Old Posted Feb 26, 2020, 9:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX View Post
I was downtown for meetings today and I saw what looked to be a parts of a red tower crane headed south on 7th st from I-10 and turned left onto either Garfield or McKinley st. I wonder where it was being delivered?
Tower Crane for the Fillmore, going up right now.

Old Posted Feb 26, 2020, 9:37 PM

New Hospital Building

https://azbigmedia.com/real-estate/c...edical-center/

This looks great what an improvement, and it will be visible from the highways, maybe even from downtown (at least from a few floors up)

Quote:
Valleywise Health, members of the Maricopa County Special Health Care District Board, District Medical Group, community partners, local dignitaries and Kitchell gathered to break ground on the 673,000-square-foot Valleywise Health Medical Center in Phoenix. It will be located adjacent to the current medical center and will continue to service the healthcare needs of the community during construction.

Slated to open in late 2023, the 200-foot-tall building will have 10 stories and a basement, plus 233 private patient rooms, a dedicated floor for the renowned Arizona Burn Center, ten operating rooms, two interventional radiology areas (one built, one shelled), two catheterization labs, a dedicated procedural floor and a rooftop and ground level helipad.

“It’s an honor and very humbling to be here today, this is a big day for the entire Valleywise Health family,” said Steve Purves, president and CEO, Valleywise Health. “It’s hard to believe that in 3 or 4 short years a 10-story building will be standing here with state-of-the-art technology, the latest in design to make sure that the patient experience is what it needs to be and an environment that allows us to fulfill our core mission of ours and that is training and teaching the next generation of physicians, nurses and health professionals. Our mission is very simple and that’s to provide exceptional care without exception, every patient, every time,” Purves said.

“Today, the construction of the new Valleywise Health Medical Center heralds a bright future for our public health safety net system of care,” said Kate Gallego, Mayor of Phoenix. “I believe that a strong teaching hospital is just as important as great concert halls or ballparks in making a city great and Phoenix is lucky and proud to have Valleywise Health continue this 140-year tradition of service.”

Funding for the new medical center came as a result of the resounding response of voters who approved Proposition 480, which provided Valleywise Health (formerly Maricopa Integrated Health System) more than $900 million for the project. Beyond the world-class healthcare services Valleywise provides to the community, it is also the state’s only public teaching hospital. This new facility will only further the ability for future physicians and nurses to get the training they need through state-of-the-art devices and upgraded amenities.
Maricopa County Special Health Care District Board of Directors, Chairman Mark Dewane; J. Woodfin Thomas, director, District 4; Mary Harden, director, District 1; and District Medical Group President and CEO Kote Chundu; Steve Purves, president and CEO, Valleywise Health; Mary Rose Wilcox, vice chairman, Maricopa County Special Health Care District; and Phoenix Mayor Kate Gallego break ground on the 673,000-square-foot Valleywise Health Medical Center in Phoenix.

“Our vision is to be nationally recognized for transforming care to improve community health,” Purves said. “Our mission is made possible through nearly 5,000 employees, volunteers, the District Medical Group, their physicians and staff, our services and our centers of excellence including the Level 1 Trauma program.

“We’re so happy we will finally have state-of-the-art facilities to house the renowned Arizona Burn Center that reflects the quality and compassion of the people who work there. It is the second largest and busiest burn center in the nation. We’re the largest provider of HIV care in the state, we have unique services like a Refugee Women’s Health Clinic and we have three behavioral health centers with nearly 400 beds.”

Valleywise Health is committed to serving the underserved and is Arizona’s only public teaching hospital. Valleywise Health consists of Valleywise Health Medical Center, Maryvale hospital, the only Level I Trauma Center in Maricopa County verified by the American College of Surgeons to care for both adults and children, Arizona’s only nationally verified Burn Center serving the entire Southwestern United States, the McDowell Healthcare Center, the largest provider of HIV primary care in Arizona, the Refugee Women’s Health Clinic, the Arizona Children’s Center, three behavioral health centers, and 11 neighborhood health centers.

“By teaming with its partners in the Creighton University Arizona Health Education Alliance, including Creighton, St. Joseph’s Hospital and District Medical Group, the entire community benefits from unparallelled expertise and physician training,” Mayor Gallego said. “Today I congratulate the leadership of Valleywise Health and its Board of Directors in making this historic day possible, thanks to your effort Valleywise Health will continue to touch thousands of lives for decades to come.”

Old Posted Feb 26, 2020, 9:49 PM
MAPAZ

The Red Tower Crane at The Fillmore

PHX and Obadno.
I can see new sections of a red tower crane going up from my office downtown.
Looks like it is indeed The Fillmore as per Obadno.
Many sections still on the ground and on the trucks.
-Thanks, MAPAZ

Old Posted Feb 26, 2020, 9:50 PM
MAPAZ

Fillmore Link

Old Posted Feb 26, 2020, 9:55 PM
BANNED

Where will this hospital be built? Next to Maricopa County Hospital? Was not clear by article.

Old Posted Feb 26, 2020, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAPAZ View Post

Old Posted Feb 26, 2020, 10:06 PM
self-important urbanista

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtnphx View Post
Where will this hospital be built? Next to Maricopa County Hospital? Was not clear by article.
It will replace the existing hospital building.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...tion/98302858/

Old Posted Feb 26, 2020, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtnphx View Post
https://goo.gl/maps/c3X86pVQJgbtJ6aj9

Somewhere In or adjacent to the pink shaded area

Old Posted Feb 27, 2020, 4:16 PM

Background on the Atari Hotel.

If this, and Meow Wolf come through then Roosevelt will indeed be a really crazy and fun area to visit. I am actually very hopeful.

https://azbigmedia.com/real-estate/h...ed-in-phoenix/

Quote:
For months, Shelly Murphy, CEO of GSD Group, and her business partner and producer of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Napoleon Smith III, worked quietly on bringing the Atari Hotels concept to life. So, in January, when their PR firm sent out the first press release about the hotel, she wasn’t sure what kind of response it would provoke.

It was clear immediately that this wasn’t the kind of response a simple press release normally gets. This was going to be a big deal.

“The first hour that the press release went out, our website was up, but it crashed because we had 20,000 hits in less than an hour,” Murphy said. “We knew that we had a really amazing opportunity and idea and we knew that the market was there for something like this. But it’s been received so well from everywhere. We’ve had inquiries internationally, all over the world, and the press that’s come in embracing it with excitement has been really exciting.”

Phoenix-based GSD Group is leading the design and development of the hotel, which will break ground sometime in 2020 at a site along Central Avenue in Roosevelt Row. After the Phoenix location, seven more hotels are planned for Austin, Chicago, Denver, Las Vegas, San Francisco, San Jose and Seattle.

True North Studio, a Phoenix-based real estate developer — currently working alongside GSD Group with Steve Wozniak’s Woz Innovation Foundation — will develop the first Atari-branded hotel.

“We are thrilled to partner with GSD Group and True North Studio to build the first-ever Atari branded hotels across the United States. Together we’ll build a space that will be much more than just a place to stay,” said Fred Chesnais, CEO of Atari, in the initial press release. “Atari is an iconic global brand that resonates with people of all ages, countries, cultures and ethnic backgrounds and we cannot wait for our fans and their families to enjoy this new hotel concept.”

More than 2.5 billion gamers across the world spent more than $152.1 billion on games in 2019 alone; an increase of 9.6 percent year on year. One of the most distinctive trends in gaming is gamers gravitating toward recognizable intellectual property. Atari Hotels will offer consumers exactly that.

“With everything that’s happening and trending with E-sports right now, which we believe will be a big audience for the hotel, and Phoenix is closely adjacent to Los Angeles and San Francisco and Las Vegas; I think it’s really a win/win for Phoenix,” Murphy said. “One of the things that we feel is going to be really unique, is we’re going to have co-working space that will be designed for gamers. So you can come from all over the world, stay in the hotel, but also have the opportunity to develop that ecosystem or networking of like-minded individuals who are coding games and developing and working together.”

Murphy said the Atari Hotel will have something for everyone, even those old-timers who grew up spending hours with their Atari joystick fighting off Asteroids or Space Invaders.

“When creating this brand-new hotel concept, we knew that Atari would be the perfect way to give guests the ‘nostalgic and retro meets modern’ look and feel we were going for. Let’s face it, how cool will it be to stay inside an Atari?” said Napoleon Smith III.

“Space Invaders is probably one of the top requests right now,” Murphy added. “That’s what people are looking for in terms of wanting to be engaged with just really fun, nostalgic entertainment. There’s going to be a lot of fun and they are being designed for all age groups and all demographics. So if you’re that nostalgic person that remembers Atari from way back in your youth and you want to come into the arcade bar and have a cocktail and play Space Invaders or Centipede and just enjoy that time, you can. Or, if you’re a competitive E-sports player, you’ll be able to come and be in a state of the art studio and venue that supports those tournaments and competitions.”

A very crucial aspect of the Atari Hotel concept is embracing technology and bringing it to the users. Plans are for gaming spaces for virtual reality or augmented reality games.

“We want to bring to the public a piece of everything that is happening in experiential entertainment right now with the immersive experiences, with artificial reality and augmented reality,” Murphy said. “So to have that throughout the hotel, those types of experiences, I think is going to be really unique and fun.”

Besides the retro and modern gaming venues and experiences, the hotel will have all of the other bells and whistles of the modern hotel, with restaurants, meeting rooms, event rooms, and an exercise gym. Murphy said that GSD Group is in the planning and design phase for different room concepts.

“There will hopefully be a room for all levels,” Murphy said. “If you just want a room, you can walk in and it can be very retro or vintage, but high tech. Or, you might walk into a room that is all Space Invaders or very futuristic. And we’ll have premier suites that are designed so that if you wanted to host your child’s birthday slumber party there, you would have a suite that would be prepared for that with big screens and top of the line gaming equipment so those kids can have fun.”

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest