HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Sep 10, 2022, 9:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxtex View Post
Some phone company is measuring CBD pings to represent pedestrian activity. Portland. SF and CLEVELAND are the bottom 3. Thats amazing. salt Lake City is the go getter. 155% cbd activity. Even more people than pre covid. Jeez. I don't want to be mormon.
I don't know how these stats measure up to most cities, but an article recently came out showing foot traffic downtown Portland is up 65% from a year ago. Of course last year wasn't all that great. But I was downtown today briefly and despite all the closed stores (and smoky skies from wildfires) it seemed as busy as anytime before covid. The cell phone study also measured a very small area, leaving out the pearl, university district and cultural districts, as well so Old Town. I doubt Old Town is seeing much traffic but if that includes Saturday Market, that's a huge tourist draw also left out of that study. Nonetheless, Portland and other west coast cities have a ways to go to get things back in order to a point where businesses and people want to locate in the city center at a healthy clip again. I have faith!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions