HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Aug 19, 2016, 1:11 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry King View Post
Has anyone heard anything on this lately?
no. Last time I checked there were no permits.

Old Posted Aug 23, 2016, 6:12 AM

I just came across some fairly recent marketing materials for 1300 Fairmount, dated July 7th, 2016. Looks like Metro Commercial Real Estate, the listing agent for 1300 Fairmount, is attempting to get 84,000 SF of retail space leased within the development. Hopefully this is a sign that this project is still alive!

http://x.lnimg.com/attachments/D0598...9B0731EE67.pdf

Also, I found some never-before-seen renders:

Temple University '18 ']['

Old Posted Aug 23, 2016, 1:35 PM
BANNED

thats better than nothing. I would think the apts are the critical pieces that would allow the project to go forward, but maybe that's not the case.

Old Posted Aug 24, 2016, 9:19 PM

This project no longer appears in the list on RAL's website:
http://www.ralcompanies.com/project-list.php

That could mean a lot of things, but perhaps they're trying to flip the entitlements, or some spinoff or affiliate is moving forward on it without them.

Old Posted Aug 24, 2016, 9:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New2Fishtown View Post
This project no longer appears in the list on RAL's website:
http://www.ralcompanies.com/project-list.php

That could mean a lot of things, but perhaps they're trying to flip the entitlements, or some spinoff or affiliate is moving forward on it without them.
I think from the beginning it was basically the lender bringing them in to get it entitled so the land will sell for more. Guessing the lender that owned it found a buyer

Old Posted Oct 19, 2016, 3:30 AM

10/18/2016

Zoning permits are posted on site. There was also work happening on the site but I'm not sure if this is related to this development.

Old Posted Oct 19, 2016, 2:26 PM
BANNED

they are removing underground storage tanks which makes me think this could actually be happening.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2016, 8:15 PM

http://www.philly.com/philly/busines...unt-award.html

"Among them is $3 million for the 1300 Fairmount Ave. development on the large vacant lot just south of the Divine Lorraine apartments on North Broad Street. New York-based developer RAL Cos. & Affiliates plans 486 apartment units, a supermarket, and a 6,000-square-foot public plaza.

The grant “is clearly a critical component to making this happen,” RAL president and chief executive Robert Levine said in an interview. The company is currently negotiating with a supermarket tenant for the project’s retail space, and aims to break ground in about eight months, he said."

Old Posted Nov 23, 2016, 9:17 PM

You beat me to the punch Noam215. With Fairmount Ave taking off and the Divine Lorraine looking prettier every day, 1300 Fairmount could be the lynchpin that really sets this area on fire. I predict this development will be as transformative as East Market.

Old Posted Nov 24, 2016, 4:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reparcsyks View Post
You beat me to the punch Noam215. With Fairmount Ave taking off and the Divine Lorraine looking prettier every day, 1300 Fairmount could be the lynchpin that really sets this area on fire. I predict this development will be as transformative as East Market.
Exactly right! Even with all the projects occurring in Center City and University City, 1300 Fairmount is one of my most anticipated projects in the city (and certainly the most anticipated in North Philly). This project has the potential to completely transform that portion of Lower North Philadelphia, and act as a connection between all the development that has occurred in the Fairmount and Francisville neighborhoods. I hope all the acreage between Broad, 13th, Ridge/Mount Vernon, and Brown gets filled with new development. The only challenge with creating a cohesive neighborhood is the suburban-style PHA development in Ludlow, but I still have high hopes for this area.

As a student of Temple University, I'll say it again: North Broad Street between Girard and Susquehanna Avenues (I would LOVE to see it extended all the way to Lehigh Avenue) should become an innovation corridor similar to Market Street in University City. Temple is a university that continues to climb the ranks every year. My college, the Fox School of Business, is one of the top business schools in the nation, for example. As this continues, Temple has the potential to attract capital from companies looking to capitalize on what is being produced there: high-quality talent. The neighborhoods that surround Temple also have the potential to host long-term residents and renters alike. North Broad Street is the logical anchor for the area, as it allows for the highest density and easy access to public transportation. Morgan Hall and 1324 North Broad, along with the Divine Lorraine restoration and 1300 Fairmount, should demonstrate what could eventually be the norm along North Broad.

Old Posted Nov 24, 2016, 7:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesPhan View Post
Morgan Hall and 1324 North Broad, along with the Divine Lorraine restoration and 1300 Fairmount, should demonstrate what could eventually be the norm along North Broad.
And let's not forget the Opera House. That will be a nice infill midway between Temple and Fairmount Ave.

Old Posted Nov 24, 2016, 9:22 PM

Quote:
The only challenge with creating a cohesive neighborhood is the suburban-style PHA development in Ludlow, but I still have high hopes for this area.
^ anything west of 12th st is not pha, privately owned suburban style houses- built with government funds but anyone can buy them now, betting they redevelop into denser housing eventually. I'm building 9 houses in the neighborhood next year.

Really hope this project gets off the ground, wonder what supermarket chain he's talking to

Old Posted Nov 25, 2016, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reparcsyks View Post
And let's not forget the Opera House. That will be a nice infill midway between Temple and Fairmount Ave.
I'm so glad the Opera House is being redeveloped! Ever since hearing about its ongoing redevelopment plans, I've really started to notice it when walking down Broad. For me, it will probably come 2nd only to the Divine Lorraine for my favorite renovations/restorations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry King View Post
^ anything west of 12th st is not pha, privately owned suburban style houses- built with government funds but anyone can buy them now, betting they redevelop into denser housing eventually. I'm building 9 houses in the neighborhood next year.

Really hope this project gets off the ground, wonder what supermarket chain he's talking to
Thank you for correcting that bit of misinformation! Hopefully, those suburban-style properties do get eyed for redevelopment. When I bike from CC to Temple via 13th Street, I don't feel like I'm in Philly when I pass through Ludlow. Additionally, I hope your investment in the neighborhood yields a nice return!

I'm also puzzled as to which supermarket chain they're in contact with. I would say that a ShopRite would fit the neighborhood well, but there's a Fresh Grocer at Progess Plaza and a ShopRite along Glenwood Avenue. I would also say that a Whole Foods/Trader Joe's type of market would serve NoLibs, Fishtown, and Francisville well, but there is now a new Whole Foods on 22nd and Spring Garden. I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes an Acme; however, I would LOVE to see Wegman's venture into the city and take a space like this (or the Lincoln Square development on Broad and Washington)!

Old Posted Nov 25, 2016, 3:03 PM

Quote:
Thank you for correcting that bit of misinformation! Hopefully, those suburban-style properties do get eyed for redevelopment. When I bike from CC to Temple via 13th Street, I don't feel like I'm in Philly when I pass through Ludlow. Additionally, I hope your investment in the neighborhood yields a nice return!
Just one more correction... this neighborhood is not Ludlow. The neighborhood between Girard, Broad Street, Fairmount Ave and the SEPTA tracks is West Poplar.

The neighborhood between Cecil B. Moore, the SEPTA tracks, Girard and 5th Street is Ludlow.

Old Posted Nov 25, 2016, 4:16 PM
Philly Pholly

Is there a coordinated effort for a rehabilitated North Broad? There should be. The beautification north through Temple. Special intersection treatments emphasizing and encouraging major "transit oriented" "pedestrian oriented" developments tied to subway station rehabs. I hope there is some sort of comprehensive new guidelines for what this corridor could be.

Old Posted Nov 28, 2016, 1:18 PM
BANNED

There is a lot of room for development in this area. We have a long way to go before this area becomes so hot that we need to worry about demolishing the newer singles and twins in this area to build denser housing. Let's get the vacant lots filled up first. Hell, let's get broad street developed first.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2017, 12:57 AM

There appears to be equipment on site! This is NOT the site of the Divine Lorraine or its annex, as the two sites are separated by an orange barrier (which you can see in the first photo). I also checked property records, and this is definitely the 1300 Fairmount site. As I walked further down Melon Street, there was a hole that had previously been dug. I'm not sure if it is indicative of anything, but I took note of it anyway for evidence. Here are the photos:

I'm still not exactly what it is there for, but it could be a positive thing given how relatively little information we have received since it was first announced!

Old Posted Jan 27, 2017, 2:50 AM

Very nice! Looks like site prep for sure. Likely digging up things on the site to move forward

Old Posted Jan 27, 2017, 12:35 PM
BANNED

As I noted earlier- the only building permit issued thus far pertains to removal of tanks. That appears to be what they are doing. No foundation or structure permit is shown currently for this site. Perhaps in a few months.

Old Posted May 23, 2017, 3:33 AM

According to the latest marketing materials on this project, a "national grocer" is at-lease on 20,006 SF of retail space! 19,509 SF of retail space has been committed on the lower level since there was originally 72,000 SF available, discounting the 20,006 SF committed to the "national grocer". Additionally, since there is only 7,118 left of the 12,000 SF available on the mezzanine level, 4,882 SF of space has been committed up there. There is only 39,603 SF left, which means that the retail portion of this project is a little over 52% committed!

This project is very much alive!

http://x.lnimg.com/attachments/F8E97...4EB52891A3.pdf

Last edited by PhilliesPhan; May 23, 2017 at 3:47 AM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive