HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted May 22, 2024, 2:48 AM

Canada's 4th city

In Canada, our 3 most important cities of Tor/Mon/Van are obvious but what about #4? Ottawa, Edmonton, and Calgary are all about the same size and each has areas where they excel and gain prominence.

Edmonton is a provincial capital and unlike the other 2, has a highly diversified economy and the most prestigious university. Ottawa is the national capital with all the government offices, agencies, and international recognition that comes with. Calgary is an economic and head office powerhouse as well as being a major transportation and logistical centre.

I am NOT talking about quality of life here as everyone has a different view on what makes up a high quality of life very much depending on their socio-economic status, political persuasions, lifestyles, and values. I am talking strictly about the city's importance on the national scene.

I will save my opinion on it till later but for now, if you guys were asked by a foreigner what is Canada's most important city is after the big 3, how would you respond?

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada