HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Mar 10, 2008, 8:11 AM

Yeah I saw those menus earlier... though the food sounds good, all of the dishes are pretty typical. The 9/11 of the reviews on citysearch were good... the 2/11 that weren't spoke about extremely bad service.

Old Posted Mar 10, 2008, 2:28 PM
Baryonic Lord

Hrm... I will have to check it out this weekend perhaps.

Old Posted Mar 10, 2008, 3:37 PM

Here are some shots of Discovery Green, OPP, and 6 Houston just recently added to the Crescent Houston Center scale model in 2 Houston Center on Floor P2:

Old Posted Mar 10, 2008, 3:44 PM
FYHA

Great pix, I'll have to stroll through and check it out myself.

And they couldn't at least put in a gray rectangle for Discovery Tower? Even HP & OPP are relatively detailed for things not even in their own complex!

Old Posted Mar 10, 2008, 3:50 PM

I don't know why they didn't put in Discovery Tower, but keep in mind, as I've stated before in this thread, there was a proposed 6 Houston Center several years ago which was never built... and the model for that was included in this city-model you see up until just a few weeks ago (btw, the new 6 Houston design is a lot better than the old one, which was almost a twin to 5 Houston).

They didn't include the Houston Pavilions either.

Old Posted Mar 10, 2008, 5:33 PM
Meh

I love scale models. Very cool! From that model it looks to be a little bit taller than 5 Houston Center. So maybe 400 feet or so. Still like that crown very much, and the lighting design will be very nice on that side of downtown. Most of the towers on that side of downtown are relatively dark, so some nice crown lighting will help with that.

Thou shall not indict

Old Posted Mar 10, 2008, 5:55 PM
Baryonic Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wattleigh View Post
Great pix, I'll have to stroll through and check it out myself.

And they couldn't at least put in a gray rectangle for Discovery Tower? Even HP & OPP are relatively detailed for things not even in their own complex!
I don't think those two are in direct competition for the kind of tenants 6HC is looking to capture. DT on the other hand, could be.

Old Posted Mar 10, 2008, 7:30 PM
Endless Moments...

Kewl model pics. Helps to see exactly were 6HC will be positioned on its block. I do like that top, it will be awesome to see it lit up at night. Very kewl...

Old Posted Mar 10, 2008, 8:25 PM
FYHA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeelee View Post
I don't think those two are in direct competition for the kind of tenants 6HC is looking to capture. DT on the other hand, could be.
Both are looking for people to occupy Class-A office space. Discovery Tower has a number of features that benefit it as 6HC does on it's own. They'll both be completed around the same time so any influx of workers, residents, retail, etc... is always good for the district. Especially since it is starting to concentrate in that area.

Old Posted Mar 11, 2008, 6:42 AM

hmmm the hotel infront of Discovery Green I forget the name of it... humm is that the actual size of it? is it going to be taller than thr building next to it?...well I hope I make sence lol... love that there will be another building with green color in downtown...iono i like the green in dwontown

Old Posted Mar 11, 2008, 1:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von View Post
hmmm the hotel infront of Discovery Green I forget the name of it... humm is that the actual size of it? is it going to be taller than thr building next to it?...well I hope I make sence lol... love that there will be another building with green color in downtown...iono i like the green in dwontown
Huh?

Old Posted Mar 11, 2008, 2:17 PM
Baryonic Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von View Post
Yes me too. More buildings of different colors would be cool.

Old Posted Mar 11, 2008, 2:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeelee View Post
Yes me too. More buildings of different colors would be cool.
Or maybe some multi-colored cubic look or some kind of colored mosaic.

Old Posted Mar 11, 2008, 5:48 PM

I don't know about 6HC yet. It looks like two seperate buildings to me. It almost looks like the AIM proposal in Greenway mixed with 5 Houston Ccenter.

Old Posted Mar 11, 2008, 7:49 PM

I'm sorry if someone already posted this. It is an announcement from www.trammellcrow.com

DISCOVERY TOWER ANNOUNCES GROUNDBREAKING

Discovery Green’s Neighbor Gets Sustainability GOLD-Light

Houston, Texas – March 3, 2008 – Trammell Crow Company and Principal Real Estate Investors are pleased to announce the groundbreaking of Discovery Tower, a 30-story, 871,000 square foot development located at 1501 McKinney Street in downtown Houston. The project will be the first LEED Gold certified office building ever constructed in the city’s Central Business District (CBD). Construction will begin the week of March 3, 2008 with occupancy in the second quarter of 2010. Located in the eastern entertainment district of the CBD, the Discovery Tower site sits adjacent to Discovery Green, Houston’s new, $122-million, 12-acre downtown park and will offer tenants
unobstructed views and pedestrian access to both the park and the surrounding area. The tower will feature two stories of retail and restaurant space overlooking a landscaped arrival court and water garden and will include 28-stories comprising 853,000 square feet of rentable office space. A 10-story parking structure on the adjacent block to the north of the building will service the parking needs of future tenants.

http://www.trammellcrow.com/tcwebwww...y_02-28-08.pdf

Old Posted Mar 12, 2008, 6:36 PM

Good to hear that this building will include retail and restaurant space. Now we just need to get some more people to live in DT.

Old Posted Mar 12, 2008, 7:13 PM

Don't forget about the rapidly exploding Midtown #2 to the east (future Harrisburg line). They might not be moving to DT proper, but will definitely take advantage of their nearest shopping districts and urban park.

And BTW guys.... Discovery Green has free Wi-fi

Old Posted Mar 12, 2008, 7:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanactivistTX View Post
Don't forget about the rapidly exploding Midtown #2 to the east (future Harrisburg line). They might not be moving to DT proper, but will definitely take advantage of their nearest shopping districts and urban park.

And BTW guys.... Discovery Green has free Wi-fi
Free Wi-fi? Awesome.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2008, 8:15 PM
FYHA

More in a posting on the Medistar Project on Swamplot...

http://swamplot.com/houstonian-texas...-13/#more-1421

These are copies of renderings included in today's (3/13) agenda for the City Planning Commission. Looks to be a second Houstonian Hotel location.

Rough rendering

Cross-section

Overhead View of model

Rooftop Floorplan

Lobby Floorplan

Old Posted Mar 13, 2008, 8:47 PM

Yay! A box.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations