HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Feb 7, 2017, 8:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtnphx View Post
There are two spaces downtown to accommodate Quicken right now. They're about to sign the lease, so....
What are the two buildings with that much contiguous space? And are you saying that Quicken is about to sign a lease?

Old Posted Feb 7, 2017, 8:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickw252 View Post
What are the two buildings with that much contiguous space? And are you saying that Quicken is about to sign a lease?
Dtnphx already mentioned the two: Renaissance Square and One North Central. The latter is under new management, so that'd be my uninformed guess.

Old Posted Feb 7, 2017, 8:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjs5056 View Post
Dtnphx already mentioned the two: Renaissance Square and One North Central. The latter is under new management, so that'd be my uninformed guess.
Got it, thanks for the clarification. That makes sense.

Old Posted Feb 7, 2017, 9:46 PM

The Park looks to be just about finished I wonder when the official opening is?

Old Posted Feb 7, 2017, 9:49 PM
BANNED

And guys, this is great news, too. The less big blocks of space, the more the need to build will become over the next year or so. A lot of companies, especially with younger workers, really, really want to be where amenities are. But, big companies have been limited by availability, so they build elsewhere. The fact that so many tech companies are moving here, I think it will bode well for a future office tower of some size. The Block 123 three story Techie building will probably get immediate tenants so it will not affect the need for more space. Fingers crossed.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2017, 1:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocoPhoenician View Post
The Park looks to be just about finished I wonder when the official opening is?
They're Facebook page states they are opening this week but does not provide a date.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2017, 2:32 AM

Their

Old Posted Feb 8, 2017, 3:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gymratmanaz View Post
Their
Bugged me too but he probably got auto-corrected.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2017, 5:54 PM

So the new building at the NEC of Roosevelt and 3rd is starting to get some little crowns on the roofline, this reminded me a lot of Broadstone Arts District (which is an absolute disappointment architecturally), Broadstone Camelback (which is not quite as bad) and Level on 16th (which is also not interactive with its surroundings) and I did some digging around. Turns out that yes, as I suspected, ORB Architecture is responsible for all of those buildings as well as Broadstone Roosevelt Row.

I do not feel good about this building.

Last edited by biggus diggus; Feb 8, 2017 at 9:24 PM.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2017, 6:06 PM
self-important urbanista

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggus diggus View Post
So the new building at the NWC of Roosevelt and 3rd is starting to get some little crowns on the roofline, this reminded me a lot of Broadstone Arts District (which is an absolute disappointment architecturally), Broadstone Camelback (which is not quite as bad) and Level on 16th (which is also not interactive with its surroundings) and I did some digging around. Turns out that yes, as I suspected, ORB Architecture is responsible for all of those buildings as well as Broadstone Roosevelt Row.

Do you mean Illuminate, which is already done? I really like how that building has turned out. It even has a nicely shaded bike rack, which I find convenient when visiting the Dressing Room or Be Coffee. Or are you talking about a different corner than the northwest?

Old Posted Feb 8, 2017, 7:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exit2lef View Post
Do you mean Illuminate, which is already done? I really like how that building has turned out. It even has a nicely shaded bike rack, which I find convenient when visiting the Dressing Room or Be Coffee. Or are you talking about a different corner than the northwest?
I think he means the NEC.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2017, 9:09 PM
self-important urbanista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phxguy View Post
I think he means the NEC.
Yes, I just came to same conclusion after eating lunch at Jobot. Looking across the street, I noticed that type of feature being built on top of the Alliance Residential / Broadstone project on the northeast corner. I can't say I have a strong feeling either way about the crowns, but I am disappointed to learn that Paz Cantina's plans to reopen in the new building are no longer a sure thing.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2017, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exit2lef View Post
Yes, I just came to same conclusion after eating lunch at Jobot. Looking across the street, I noticed that type of feature being built on top of the Alliance Residential / Broadstone project on the northeast corner. I can't say I have a strong feeling either way about the crowns, but I am disappointed to learn that Paz Cantina's plans to reopen in the new building are no longer a sure thing.
Any idea why Paz isn't so sure? I see them at Cobra bar what seems like every night in downtown. They surely get service from drunken nerds selling nachos. Or is the problem with the apartments themselves? Weren't they guaranteed a space on the corner?

Old Posted Feb 8, 2017, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phxguy View Post
Any idea why Paz isn't so sure? I see them at Cobra bar what seems like every night in downtown. They surely get service from drunken nerds selling nachos. Or is the problem with the apartments themselves? Weren't they guaranteed a space on the corner?
I posted an article a while back from Downtown Devil. His food truck was repossessed mid-Jan for failure to make payments. Mike (owner of Paz) was going through some health issues. More than anything, I wish him well and hopefully he's able to bounce back on his feet soon.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2017, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggus diggus View Post
So the new building at the NEC of Roosevelt and 3rd is starting to get some little crowns on the roofline, this reminded me a lot of Broadstone Arts District (which is an absolute disappointment architecturally), Broadstone Camelback (which is not quite as bad) and Level on 16th (which is also not interactive with its surroundings) and I did some digging around. Turns out that yes, as I suspected, ORB Architecture is responsible for all of those buildings as well as Broadstone Roosevelt Row.

ORB is mostly lame. We will look back at a lot of their apartments like we do the Mark-Taylor (tan stucco) apartments of the 90's. Aura Watermark (Tempe) actually looks really cool if it turns out like the renderings. 3rd & Roosevelt is also pictured here:

http://orbarch.com/index.php/mies_po...on-the-boards/

Old Posted Feb 9, 2017, 4:11 AM

Broadstone Roosevelt

I think Broadstone Roosevelt will be the best Broadstone I've seen. The curve to it at the corner, the retail, the fact that it will be six stories, well I'm sure with the fact that the 5th story will have lofts. Look it up on YouTube, they have a good video showing The complex. 318 units there with all the other apartments definitely makes well more than a thousand units in the area adding thousands of people to the area. Just wish the next wave of actual highrises start to get off the ground, most excited about Block 23.

Last edited by TJPHXskyscraperfan; Feb 9, 2017 at 4:21 AM.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2017, 4:17 AM

Ball Park apartments

Does anyone know what is going on where those Ballpark apartments were suppose to go. It says UEB construction on the signs on the fences surrounded the lot. I know UEB is the same construction company that built Portland on the Park. I haven't seen any construction workers there lately, does anyone know what is going on there?

Old Posted Feb 9, 2017, 4:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJPHXskyscraperfan View Post
I think Broadstone Roosevelt will be the best Broadstone I've seen. The curve to it at the corner, the retail, the fact that it will be six stories, well I'm sure with the fact that the 5th story will have lofts. Look it up on YouTube, they have a good video showing The complex. 318 units there with all the other apartments definitely makes well more than a thousand units in the area adding thousands of people to the area. Just wish the next wave of actual highrises start to get off the ground, most excited about Block 23.
There are several high-rises just waiting to get moving im getting antsy.

Once there are a lot of people living downtown well see office development too; which will be great especially now that downtown is dropping sub 15% vacancy

As for Ballpark last I saw was that they changed the plan to not close Buchanan which was a good move. But I haven't seen anything yet. Ballpark is kind of in a deadzone so I was always worried about it getting built.

Old Posted Feb 10, 2017, 3:58 AM
self-important urbanista

Hampton Inn

Here's the press release on the Hampton Inn to be built at Central & Polk:

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...300405376.html

Old Posted Feb 10, 2017, 4:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post
There are several high-rises just waiting to get moving im getting antsy.

Once there are a lot of people living downtown well see office development too; which will be great especially now that downtown is dropping sub 15% vacancy

As for Ballpark last I saw was that they changed the plan to not close Buchanan which was a good move. But I haven't seen anything yet. Ballpark is kind of in a deadzone so I was always worried about it getting built.
Dare I say... is downtown getting closer to being ready for a new tallest high rise!?!? 🙏🏼

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest