HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Feb 24, 2021, 11:37 AM

New Towers being added to the mix pictured above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
Building Salt Lake has the scoop on the Tavernacle Tower,
which they are calling the Worthington Tower (unofficial name). 31 stories and 335 ft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blah_Amazing View Post
Salt Lake City Tower Projects - Under Construction, Proposed, and Prospective. Feb, 2021.I made a quick collage of the active tower projects we have here in SLC.
I tried to use the most up-to-date renderings available to the public. I am also considering making a set for our mid-rise projects as well.

Downtown Update - 95 So. State

https://kutv.com/resources/media/dd4...?1556058476688

View of the 95 S. State Office Tower site on the left and the Liberty Sky Residential Tower site on the right. Background and rising above downtown to the Northeast is the Avenues District

https://i0.wp.com/www.buildingsaltla...er-8.png?ssl=1

Rendering, looking south toward north face of 95 S. State Tower, mid-block Social Hall Avenue and Canopy structure on the left

Quote:
Excellent shot of 95 So. State today from u/chaunceton on the subreddit:
August 12th

August 28th

Quote:
95 State starting to make a big impact at City Creek:

Photos By Atlas

November 7th

Photo By DCRes

Quote:

EDIT: I just found some incredible recent drone pictures of downtown SLC from a chap on Facebook named Scott Taylor. He also took the photos I shared a few days ago...

Photos By Scott Taylor

December 29th

Photo By DCRes

Luke Garrott:...There’s an unmistakable hum and a tap-tap-tap in the air, as construction projects large and small continue apace.
We counted 1873 units under construction Downtown between 500 East and 600 West, North Temple and 500 South.

State Street, looking north. 95 S State, center, and Liberty Sky, right-center.

95 S State, SLC's latest Downtown office tower, is taking real shape at the corner of State St. and 100 South.
Photo by Luke Garrott.
https://www.buildingsaltlake.com/in-...despite-covid/

January 20th

Photo by Palmloverking

Quote:
Some recent drone shots of Liberty Sky, 95 State, and 255 S State/theBirdie/Moda Luxe in this KJZZ article:

The video is one of the better local news reports on development stuff lately. They even get a few comments from BSL's Taylor Anderson in there!

January 26th

January 30th

Photos By tchild2

February 22nd

Photos By Atlas

Updated and New Renderings Added

Quote:
95 State has finally launched their website.
https://www.95stateslc.com/
I noticed the website included renderings, some I've definitely seen, but a few renderings were definitely new to me as well.

Looking South

Looking West

Looking East

Floor Cross-Section

95 State Main Lobby

The Link. The design of the meeting house has changed slightly, with what appears to be additional slats than prior renderings.

Patio Area

Patio Area

The Link and City Creek

The Link - Lower Level

Main Lobby

The website also includes a brochure:

Last edited by delts145; May 5, 2023 at 4:04 PM.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2021, 11:39 AM

Central Metro

Quote:
I don't know if this was shared here but the Point of the Mountain authority released its survey results back in October. The big winners, from what I can tell on a glance, are open space and transit. People seem to be opposed to turning it into Lehi 2.0 and many people want a regional park (myself included) instead of a big office complex.

Also, it looks like they've selected SOM to master plan the area. HOK did the previous master plan in 2018.

EDIT: I watched SOM's presentation in this recent video and was actually impressed. I'm very surprised this wasn't covered in the local news. Here are some screenshots from their early visioning (not exhaustive) and I highly recommend watching it yourself:

Last edited by delts145; Feb 24, 2021 at 1:16 PM.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2021, 1:22 PM

Downtown Update - Hyatt Regency, Convention Center Hotel

Construction on the hotel started Jan. 13 and the grand opening is scheduled for October 2022.

Jason Lee for the Deseret News...Salt Lake County officials, in conjunction with Atlanta-based real estate developer Portman Holdings, broke ground Friday on the building, which the Hyatt Hotels Corp.
will manage and operate as the new Hyatt Regency Salt Lake City. The new hotel will be located at the corner of 200 South and West Temple in downtown Salt Lake City, adjacent to the Salt Palace Convention Center.

Scheduled to open in October 2022, the $377-million project will be partially financed through the Commercial Property Assessed Clean Energy program, which allows for specialty financing to enable green energy design and implementation,
a news release stated. The 700-plus room hotel will be among the first “ground-up” developments to utilize the program in the Beehive State...

...“It gives us another layer of sophistication when it comes to attracting bigger and better shows to the state of Utah that helps the entire area. Utah’s going to take a better step in terms of prominence on the national stage because of a
facility like this,” he said. “People that hadn’t considered the state before are now going to say, ‘I need to look at Utah, I need to be in Utah for these conventions.’ That’s what kind of prominence this new center is going to give us.”

The 686,784-square-foot, 26-story hotel will include 700 guest rooms and 60,000 square feet of meeting space, as well as two separate restaurants on the first and sixth floors and a lobby bar. The sixth-floor restaurant will sit adjacent to
an outdoor area with a swimming pool, as well as a 7,500-square-foot outdoor terrace for events and other activities.

The project will be directly connected to the Salt Palace Convention Center to provide convenience for convention attendees, Baisiwala said...

...“This hotel is built directly into the convention center, which makes it exceptionally easy for the convention attendees to go in and out from their hotel rooms into the convention center,” he said. “Perhaps more importantly, it has a lot
of suites — big rooms where VIPs can be housed. And it also has a lot of meeting space which augments the number of meeting rooms of the Salt Palace.”

Salt Lake City's Salt Palace Convention Center. Convention Center Hotel to rise at the far south end pictured here.

https://www.monaco-saltlakecity.com/...r-c3205e56.jpg

Note the Circular Plaza at the bottom, which was the former appearance of the plaza that has now become the construction zone of the new Convention Center Hotel

https://static1.squarespace.com/stat...55/SLC+library

August 14th

Steel Above Ground at the CCH Site

Pics By Stayinginformed

Sept 20th

Photo By Highrise_Mike

December 29th

by
Photo By DCRes, on Flickr

January 7th

Photo By Luke Garrott @ BuildingSaltLake.com Convention center hotel site, orange, center. The roof of the Salt Palace Convention Center left-center.

Salt Lake City convention hotel on track for fall 2022 opening

Estimated to cost $377-plus million, Hyatt Regency Salt Lake City is scheduled to be completed and hosting its first guests in the fall of 2022

Janurary 12th - Henry S. Johnson for Global Travel Industry News - https://eturbonews.com/2552484/salt-...-2022-opening/

One year after its groundbreaking ceremony, Salt Lake’s convention hotel — the Hyatt Regency Salt Lake City — is on schedule for completion in October 2022.

The tower concrete construction is completed through level three and the podium steel erection begins later this month. Through the first quarter of 2021, the exterior façade installation will begin, escalators on meeting room levels will be hoisted into place and the vertical construction is slated to continue to progress with topping out of the project to come at the end of this year.

“Seeing the Hyatt Regency Salt Lake City taking shape is both exciting and promising for Salt Lake’s meeting and convention future and the recovery of our visitor economy from the devastating effects of COVID-19,” said Kaitlin Eskelson, president & CEO of Visit Salt Lake.

“Our sales team will soon have everything meeting professionals want and they’re working hard to fill this new property and the many others throughout our community to ensure the long-term success of Salt Lake’s hospitality community.”

January 30th

Photo By tchild2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pencil View Post
Downtown - Latest Hyatt Regency Convention Center Hotel Progress Videos
February 5th

Video Link

Video Link

February 22nd

Photos By Atlas

Last edited by delts145; Mar 10, 2021 at 11:26 AM.

Old Posted Feb 25, 2021, 2:25 AM

Quote:
I thought I would go on Loopnet and see what properties are for sale right now in Salt Lake City since they are more than likely to be bought up for redevelopment purposes. I knew a few, but I was surprised and excited by others.

Here's just one of the many listings:

176 W 600 S
https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/176-...y-UT/21529830/

1.34 Acres of Commercial Land
D-1 Zone (Corner)
Registered Opportunity Zone Property. It's the furthest west D-1 zoning, making it a landmark location in the downtown skyline.
Downtown Salt Lake City’s growth continues to expand across all fronts with numerous high-rise residential, office and hotel developments under construction.

SITE ALSO CAME WITH "TALL RESIDENTIAL RESIDENTIAL OPTION" CONCEPT!

They even had a video! (I had to post it to Youtube in order to include it)

Video Link

I seriously hope whoever buys the property decides to build this tower on the site. I personally think the tower design looks fantastic!

Last edited by delts145; May 30, 2021 at 2:07 PM.

Old Posted Feb 25, 2021, 4:37 AM
Space Magi

That would certainly be the most architecturally noteworthy highrise in SLC. Here's hoping that the future developer thinks so too and that it's not value-engineered too much.

That beauty across the street from the RL redevelopment is the stuff dreams are made of.

EDIT: by the way, that lot is no longer listed on loopnet. So I think we already have a buyer! Hopefully they saw the near-universal praise here and on Reddit for the tall residential concept.

Last edited by Atlas; Feb 25, 2021 at 4:03 PM.

Old Posted Feb 25, 2021, 11:24 AM

That would be something to see towers lining up along both 200 east and 200 west. Then toss in a few 600-plus footers on Main and State.

I think Salt Lake City has been building up the type of economy that is more resilient to the fluctuations that could occur this next decade. Salt Lake's construction was going comparatively gangbusters both during the great recession and covid. We shall see what happens this coming decade. Seems like Salt Lake has become one of a handful of cities where many people are choosing to escape to. I was surprised at how many suburban cities like Herriman had doubled and more than tripled in size over this past decade. Ha, then you have these sleepy little communities like Vineyard going from 139 people in 2010 to approaching 16,000. I think Salt Lake City and adjoining metros will easily pass the 3 million mark around 2030. Then it is on to 4 million the next decade. Because of its many topographical limitations, the pressure for Salt Lake City proper to go vertical and dense is becoming very pronounced. No more extravagant elbow room, even on the west side. I'm excited to see it happen. There will still be plenty of room for those who want and can afford the house with the picket fence in the suburbs or the coastal 1% who are flooding in and building their 12,000-plus sq. ft. mansions. I think more and more we'll see those mega-mansions built in the east backside counties of the Wasatch Metro. It will be interesting to see what happens to sleepy Morgan County over this next decade. I think it will become the northern metros version of the Park City ski area.

Here's an interesting article on one of the ways that the SLC metro is dealing with the onslaught of growth.

Do high-density apartments decrease nearby home values? Utah study says no - Jason Lee for the Deseret News - https://www.deseret.com/utah/2021/2/...-study-says-no

SALT LAKE CITY — The demand for rental housing along the Wasatch Front has led to a jump in the number of high-density apartment and condominium units throughout the area.

And while some residents worry the large projects could diminish nearby home values, a new study indicates the opposite is true as prices for rental and single-family properties continue to climb.

A report released by the Kem C. Gardner Policy Institute at the University of Utah found that apartments built between 2010 and 2018 have had no adverse effects on the value of nearby single-family homes in suburban Salt Lake County. In fact, housing prices over the last decade have accelerated even as the residential real estate market has transitioned to the development of denser housing in a bid to slow the trend...

New apartments and town houses under construction in Herriman are pictured on Monday, Feb. 22, 2021. The Kem C. Gardner Policy Institute and Salt Lake County Office of Regional Development co-hosted
a media roundtable discussion on the impact of high-density apartments on surrounding single-family home values in suburban Salt Lake County. Scott G Winterton, Deseret News

Last edited by delts145; May 30, 2021 at 2:16 PM.

Old Posted Feb 25, 2021, 12:22 PM

Downtown Adj., North Temple TRAX Corridor - The SPARK Apts., Mixed-Use - By Brinshore Development

Quote:
Originally Posted by blah_amazing View Post

https://citizenportal.slcgov.com/cit...howinspection=

Commercial demolition permits filed to demolish the overnighter motel located at 1500 w north temple. This is the site of the planned spark! Development.

Facts
- Density: 86 du/ac
- Unit Plan Sizes: 500 - 1,200 sq. ft.
- Number of Units: 200 du
- Site Area: 2.3 ac
- Retail: 14,000 sq. ft.
- Number of Stories: 6
- Parking: 136 spaces (0.5 sp./unit)
- Construction Type: III

SPARK! Provides high density mixed-income, workforce housing with 80 percent of its units designated affordable. The color, materiality, and texture of SPARK! takes its cues from the industrial and durable materials of the adjacent power plant including brick, steel, and metal panel nodding to the past in a clean modern format. The weathered timeless look of Coreten steel and dark charcoal brick at the base are offset by light metal paneling with bright colored accents on the higher massings, which is softened by lushly landscaped terraces and roof gardens that are home to bee hives, providing fresh vegetables and honey to the residents. The community fronts Temple Street and the transit station with a small urban plaza and street-facing retail, which opens to a courtyard shared by tenants and customers alike. A 10,000 square foot childcare facility anchors one of the Temple Street corners and provides a dedicated play area. The additional 4,000 square feet of retail is designed as a grab and go market. Open space along the ground floor on the north side of the community is reserved for bike trails and edible gardens that include fruit-bearing trees, rosemary, sage and lavender. Providing residents and the public a place to stop and soak in the aromas of the garden and deepening the connection between the established and the new. The units on the upper floors are arranged in a large “U” shape surrounding a private residential courtyard and numerous roof terraces. SPARK!’s building composition reflects the varied uses of daycare, retail and housing. Each function is expressed in a clear building massing and highlighted by a change in materials. This new community, immediately adjacent to TRAX transit station, with ground floor childcare and grab and go retail, caters to the young family and commuting professionals.

https://ktgy.com/wp-content/uploads/...34-920x684.jpg

State of current Property. Example of what was the past development setup of much of the north temple corridor before the advent of light rail from downtown to the airport. This transit corridor is now redeveloping at a breakneck pace.

Last edited by delts145; Oct 10, 2021 at 12:51 AM.

Old Posted Feb 25, 2021, 6:43 PM

Southern Metro Updates - Provo's new $40 million municipal airport terminal

Pictured, southern sector of Salt Lake City's greater CSA of the Wasatch Front. Looking West/Southwest from the eastern foothills of 12,000 foot peaks across Utah Valley with Utah Lake in the background.

PROVO — Provo Municipal Airport. The 100,000-square-foot facility will feature four gates, a baggage claim and Transportation Security Administration stations. The structure will be configured so it could be expanded to 10 gates.

In addition to making it more convenient for travelers, Utah Lt. Gov. Spencer Cox, who attended Wednesday’s ceremony with Provo Mayor Michelle Kaufusi and other state and county leaders, said the new terminal will offer more options for travel
and business.

”This changes everything, so it’s not just Utah County, it’s a whole bunch of rural Utah. Unless you’re close enough to St. George, this really is the best option for so many of us,” Cox said.

An artist’s rendering of the new terminal at the Provo Municipal Airport. MHTN Architects

“It’s been a long time coming,” Gleason said, adding that Utah Valley’s growth projections are “through the roof,” so the terminal can do nothing but help alleviate pressure on I-15 and the Point of the Mountain.

According to a study by University of Utah’s Kem C. Gardner Policy Institute, Utah County is expected to claim 27.8% of Utah’s population by 2065, only over 1% less than Salt Lake County’s projected 29.1%.

Funding from the project will come from an estimated $8 million grant from the Federal Aviation Administration, about $19 million in dedicated funds from the city, $4.3 million from Utah County, as well as $9 million in existing bond money
approved during the last legislative session. Officials say it will not affect residents’ taxes.

The new terminal could bring in an annual economic impact equivalent to $15 million, according a news release from the city last year. The influx of flights, hotel stays, car rentals and jobs will boost the economy.

The terminal is expected to be completed in December 2021.

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/9ey_...rlin_18105.jpg

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/BvXC...rlin_18103.jpg

February 24th

Photos By Dickson Holmes @ facebook - https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=...88319628096092

South east corner of the terminal building

Looking through the doorway of gate #1 - which will lead to the enclosed and covered jetway.

These grey boxes will be for electrical floor outlets to charge your phone.

Last edited by delts145; Feb 25, 2021 at 6:59 PM.

Old Posted Feb 26, 2021, 1:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando View Post
The picture clarifying the ski resort issue doesn't show up anymore. Can you repost it again?
Yeah, I noticed that yesterday. I liked that photo you posted. Here's a little map at the bottom. I'll keep looking for something with both mountain groupings in the picture.

Northern Metro - Additional Info: Major Ski Resort For The Uber Wealthy Coming to Northern Utah (Ogden, Morgan County Area).

The new Wasatch Ranch Club will make two new from the ground up major ski resorts being added to Salt Lake's portfolio in the coming season.

Wasatch Ranch Club skiing for '21-22. Courtesy, Mirr Ranch Group photo

OnTheSnow.com - https://www.onthesnow.com/news/a/637...ng-next-season

...But, when the Wasatch Ranch Club opens its ski terrain in Utah next December, as Ski Area Management (SAM) magazine is reporting, it plans to attack your wallet with gusto and all bets are off.

The Ranch Club will be larger than luxurious Deer Valley and will have only half the number of member/residents who are part of the Yellowstone Club, the other exclusive enclave in Montana. “This is a resort being built for the 1 percent of the richest 1 percent,” Utah’s KPOA radio opined as it interviewed Ranch President Bob Weaton.

Recognize the name? Weaton was Chief Operating Officer for Deer Valley for about 20 years, leading it to regularly being chosen as the best ski resort in America by magazine and website polls. There are reportedly 10 owner/investors in the ranch from across the globe, one of those being Lessing Stern, son of Deer Valley founder Edgar Stern. The ranch property was originally listed for a sale price of $42 million.

Pay dearly to play

Club membership pricing hasn’t been publicly released yet, but it will most likely top that of the Yellowstone Club which currently demands an upfront fee of $300,000, owning a condo ($4 million-plus) or private home ($5 million-plus), along with an annual “season pass” or dues topping $30,000.

But, if you’ve got the juice, the Wasatch Ranch Club will deliver mind-boggling excitement for skiers (anglers, hikers, golfers, and whatever else attracts you to pristine wilderness) as it builds out over the next 10-15 years.

First there’s the location. The ranch is only 35 minutes from Salt Lake City and, if you still need a ski fix after all that sliding, Snowbasin (where the price tag is significantly more doable) is only 10 minutes away. Ogden Airport is 15 minutes should you have your own private jet. Few Morgan County residents will be able to afford membership, so it will be mostly a community of second homes.

Heated seats and bubbles

The club’s total playground rolls over 12,750 acres and that includes some 3,000 skiable acres with a 3,600 foot vertical. Leitner-Poma of America plans to begin construction this spring on the first two chairlifts — both high speed quads. Members will be pampered with high-speed quads, planned with carriers that feature heated seats and bubbles.

The two new chairlifts together will provide access to 1,650 acres of terrain, with a top elevation of about 9,500 feet. One lift will be 8,000 feet long, so those bubbles will be welcome. Nine lifts are planned by buildout.

View of the Wasatch Ranch Ski Resort Mountain properties. This grouping of peaks sits to the south of the grouping of peaks making up the Snowbasin Ski Resort.

Pictured below, Snowbasin Ski Resort. Located on the grouping of peaks to the north of what will be the new Wasatch Ranch Club Ski Resort

There's quite a group of expanding resorts now in this immediate area. I wanted to get a perspective of the location of all of them in relationship to each other.
The Wasatch Ranch Resort is not yet highlighted but will be located at the top of the map, on the south side of I-84. Note: the peaks at the top set slightly to the right of Snowbasin

Map highlighting the location of the new Wasatch Ranch Properties in relation to the existing Snowbasin Ski Resort.

“You just don’t find this type of location in the West very often – untouched and raw with river, trees, adjacency to National Forest and an alpine setting,” said listing broker, Ken Mirr of Mirr Ranch Group, who listed the Utah ranch with his firm’s Utah Marketing Affiliate, Chris Corroon.

Owned by the heirs of the late Dick Bass, the seven-summit pioneer, original investor in Vail, and founder of Snowbird Ski Resort, and the Holding family, owners of Sinclair Oil Company, which owns Sun Valley Resort, nearby Snowbasin Ski Resort, the Wasatch Peaks Ranch has a continuous ridgeline of 11 miles that includes 24 peaks, 15 bowls and cirques, plus a 4,600 foot vertical rise on the ranch and adjacent National Forest. It’s only 15 minutes from Ogden, and 35 minutes from Salt Lake City and its international airport, making this ski property incredibly accessible.

The Land Report, known as the magazine of the American landowner, elaborates, “Matchless in size, terrain, and pedigree, this pristine private wilderness has long been eyed as America’s next great ski resort.” This is the fifth time The Land Report has awarded its top honors to Mirr Ranch Group.

Last edited by delts145; May 5, 2023 at 4:26 PM.

Old Posted Feb 26, 2021, 11:14 PM

Downtown Update - Liberty Sky

“We’re excited to see residential on State Street, which is a fairly new addition to the ecosystem,” said Christian Harrison, the Downtown Community Council chairman.
“It is a good sign that State Street is turning a corner. We do hope it spurs more development farther south along State Street.”

“Offices are daytime [operations] and don’t create vibrancy or activity in the evenings. In downtown, they create dead zones,” Planning Director Norris added. “Apartments put eyes on
public spaces basically all day long. Those residents tend to go out at night and walk around the neighborhood. It enlivens downtown.”

(Artist's rendition courtesy of Cowboy Properties) Cowboy Properties and Boyer Co. are looking to build a 24-story apartment building on the east side of State Street between
the Federal Building on 100 South and the Maverik headquarters building on 200 South. The $90 million project is being praised for its prospects of bringing more residents to downtown Salt Lake City.

The Salt Lake Tribune - By Mike Gorrell - Convinced that downtown living is increasingly desirable, real-estate developers Cowboy Properties and Boyer Co. are building a 24-story apartment building on State Street between 100 and 200 South...

...The $90 million high-rise would include roughly 300 apartment units and a rooftop swimming pool. A five-story parking terrace would be built on its east side, hidden from street views by surrounding buildings.

Although rent levels would vary, Cowboy Properties President and CEO Dan Lofgren said most would cost near the “top of the market in today’s market. We’ll have studios to very large two bedrooms, units that
go for under $1,000 [a month] while some of the largest will be several thousand.”...

...“As the downtown residential market has evolved, and as we massaged what we thought was the best option, this residential tower emerged,” Lofgren said. “Downtown Salt Lake City has become an amenity-rich environment.
It’s become a great neighborhood. The pieces that were missing 10 years ago — not that it was bad then — are now filled in.“

First and foremost: the Harmons City Creek market at 135 E. 100 South. “The grocery store makes it a neighborhood,” Lofgren said. “For many household configurations, the option of living downtown has become the
preferred option. These are households hoping to live without a car, households looking for the convenience of being close to work, households energized by all the activities downtown,
households attracted to this notion of a high-rise and the views and lifestyle it offers.”

At the projected rent levels, he sees these apartments appealing to people working at high-tech and financial-services companies, law firms and banks. Retirees also are likely renters, Lofgren added,
“drawn especially by the arts downtown — the symphony, the ballet, Eccles Theater. That’s a pretty full basket of offerings.”...

...Planning Director Norris said the shift from office tower to residential high-rise is “certainly consistent with our master plan policies, which try to increase the number of people living downtown.”

July 28th

Photo By RC14

September 12th

Pic By Scott Harding

November 7th

Liberty Sky Residential Tower in the Foreground & 95 S. State, up the street in the background.

Photo By DCRes

December 6th

Additional Parking Garage in the rear being constructed to serve Liberty Sky

December 29th

Liberty Sky Project, Background on the right and 95 So. State on the left. Foreground left sight for the upcoming Dakota Pacific Tower. Foreground right sight for the upcoming Kensingston Tower.

Photos By DCRes

January 26th - this KJZZ article:

January 30th

Photo By tchild2

February 22nd

Photo By Atlas

Last edited by delts145; Apr 1, 2021 at 1:28 PM.

Old Posted Feb 27, 2021, 11:27 AM

Update, Downtown/East - Regius Flats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironweed View Post

...Another FYI. I have a close friend who has told me that the Masonic temple project is underway. They have fencing around the parking property and are conducting ground work...

Design-rich density coming to east Downtown SLC - Luke Garrott Reporting @ https://www.buildingsaltlake.com/des...-regius-flats/

Salt Lake City’s East Central neighborhood is known for its leafy streets, historic buildings, and horizontal mixed use. South Temple street, an ornamental ribbon sitting atop this gem of a neighborhood east of Downtown, hosts Salt Lake City’s grandest historical mansions, including the Governor’s (Kearns’) Mansion, the Catholic Cathedral of the Madeleine, and the Masonic Temple. Since 1927 the Masonic Temple has graced 650 E South Temple street. Behind the building, to the south, currently sits ~2.75 acres of surface parking. A third of that sun-bleached asphalt will soon be dedicated to a design-rich, 4-story 60 ft, 125-unit market-rate rental project designed by Architectural Nexus.

At 650 E South Temple and 33 S 600 E, local developers dbUrban and Wadsworth have entered into a long-term lease agreement with the owners of the properties, the Masonic Temple Association...

...The massing of the building is pushed uphill, away from its frontage on 600 E and towards the Masonic Temple. The developers have committed to move (or reconstruct) the carriage house on the property and will be building a path on the south and east sides of their building...

Regius Flats from the SW on 600 E, rendering by Arch|Nexus.

Regius Flats, center in white, as envisioned from the SW - Image by Architectural Nexus.

“Front approach street view,” from the west at 600 E, by Arch|Nexus.

Old Posted Feb 27, 2021, 11:51 AM

Downtown Update - The Upcoming Dakota Pacific Tower

Quote:
It's the newer Regent Street design (next to Kensington). We've heard that the new project is being designed by HKS and that it's going to look similar to this rendering... Here's the source.

Here are some more views

I love the old design but this one has really grown on me, especially the exterior lighting.

Old Posted Feb 28, 2021, 2:03 PM

Kensingston and Dakota Pacific Towers

February 22nd - Dakota Pacific Tower Site Foreground Left & Kensington Tower Sight Foreground on the Right
Background, 95 S. State Tower under construction on the left and The Liberty Sky Tower under construction on the right

Photo By Atlas

Dakota Pacific Tower----------------------------------------------------------------------------Kensington Tower

Last edited by delts145; Mar 17, 2021 at 7:50 PM.

Old Posted Feb 28, 2021, 2:13 PM

Update, Downtown South - Seven02 Project

With a unique name inspired by the property’s actual address, Seven O2 Main will become one of Salt Lake City’s excellent multifamily communities on the market. In addition to its unique moody design aesthetic that plays off of the O2 chemistry molecule and promotes oxygen and wellness, the project will feature luxurious amenities including a grand lobby and communal work space, two “hotel” rooms that tenants’ guests can rent on a nightly basis, a central courtyard with a bocce ball court, a spa, a cinema cardio room, an outdoor kitchen and entertaining area complete with multiple fire pits, a pickle ball/basketball court, parking for every tenant, and more.

Size : 208,718 SF - Units: 239

https://pegcompanies.com/wp-content/...-02-Main-1.png

https://pegcompanies.com/wp-content/...-O2-Main-5.png

https://pegcompanies.com/wp-content/...-O2-Main-4.png

https://pegcompanies.com/wp-content/...-O2-Main-3.png

https://pegcompanies.com/wp-content/...-O2-Main-2.png

July 28th
Note: As with many of today's downtown/central developments, Seven 02 is situated on or steps away from the light-rail lines.

Photo By RC14

August 15th

Photo By Stayinginformed

September 10th

Trax making a turn onto Main Street at 700 South. PEG Development’s Seven02 Main, center.

Photo By Luke Garrott of BuildingSaltLake.com

PEG’s Seven02 Main seen from the west, Sears Block center-right, 650 S. Main Project far left, 6th and Main Project above it, left-center.

Photo By Luke Garrott of BuildingSaltLake.com

November 28th

Photo By RC14

January 30th Foreground the 702 project, background 650 Main

Photo By tchild2

February 22nd

Photos By Atlas

Old Posted Mar 1, 2021, 2:38 PM

Downtown Update, Block 67 Development Timeline

By Tony Semerad, The Salt Lake Tribunehttps://www.sltrib.com/news/2019/12/...city-approves/

Salt Lake City has approved a way to pump $15 million into building a huge subterranean parking garage for Block 67, an upcoming ambitious residential and hotel project on the western edge of the city’s downtown.

The agreement, backed Tuesday by the City Council in its role overseeing the city’s Redevelopment Agency (RDA), clears a major hurdle for what is to be known as The West Quarter, a 6.45-acre development bounded by
100 South and 200 South from 200 West to 300 West.

(Rendering by The Ritchie Group) A rendering of The Ritchie Group's proposed Block 67 development in Salt Lake City, as though looking north along 300 West...

Developers with Salt Lake City-based The Ritchie Group and Garn Development Co. in Layton plan to build more than 650 dwellings, two hotels, an office tower, retail shops, a tree-lined street cut through the block and an underground
parking garage with more than 1,200 stalls.

With its four towers and extensive amenities, to be built in two phases, The West Quarter project will push the center of the city’s urban core west, with more robust pedestrian connections between the existing downtown and The Gateway and
Vivint Smart Home Arena farther west.

“It really is a good project,” Councilman Charlie Luke said Tuesday. “It really is going to do a lot for the city and especially for that part of the city in terms of redevelopment."...

...Ryan Ritchie, a principal in The Ritchie Group, has said the underground parking garage is integral to the project’s overall financial success...The loan agreement sets up a legal mechanism for the city to give the developers the $15 million in
money for the parking garage, then lets the developers pay it back over time as their project generates additional tax money. Salt Lake City’s RDA will, in turn, pass those payments back to the county...

Additional Renderings of Block 67 - Subterranean garage to serve both Phases I and Phase II

Quote:
Originally Posted by meman View Post
December 5th - Construction fencing is going up around the West Quarter site today!!

Looks like another big project is imminent!!
Jacobsen is partnering with The Ritchie Group and Garn Development to build Phase I of The Block 67 Project. The West Quarter, a multi-use development that will help define the emerging sports and entertainment district in downtown Salt Lake City.
The project — adjacent to Vivint Smart Home Arena — will feature more than 650 residential units, a mid-block street with access to 200 South and 300 West, and a subterranean parking garage. The scope of work also includes more than
100,000 square feet of retail space, 430,000 square feet of office space and a 271-room hotel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajiuO View Post
The cranes seemed to pop out of nowhere quick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makid View Post
The view from the 6th North bridge is amazing. The cranes look so far away from Main Street even though they are only 2 blocks.

I can't wait for the 2 CCH cranes to also go up. 6 tower cranes up and working From State Street to 3rd West and South Temple to 2nd South.

My wife did point out to me today as we drove around downtown that there are many work trucks from out of state license plats at the various projects. I thought that this was nice in that we are pulling workers from other states for our projects.

May 31st

Photo By StayingInformed

June 29th

The West End project by Ritchie Group at 251 W 100 S is getting footings after installing two main cranes. Its first phase will add residential, hospitality, and hotel capacity around the Utah Jazz arena.

Photo By Luke Garrott @ https://www.buildingsaltlake.com/in-...tinues-to-pop/

July 29th

Pic By Scott Harding

August 28th

Photo By Atlas

December 23rd

Photo By Atlas

January 7th

West Quarter project, left center. Photo by Luke Garrott.

Peeking into the West Quarter site. Photo by Luke Garrott.

The West Quarter’s south crane. Convention center hotel site, center top.
Photos By Luke Garrott of BuildingSaltLake.com

February 22nd

Photo By Atlas

Updated Design of Hotel Portion of Phase I

Quote:
The next planning commission meeting will discuss proposed changes to the West Quarter development. Most of it seems to be related to the appearance of the hotel portion of the project. Details and renderings (more in the document linked above):
Quote:
The West Quarter project challenges the typical 10‐acre Salt Lake City block by proposing a development centered around a new through mid‐block street, resting on a below grade parking garage. The midblock
street will break down the large block scale and provide a pedestrian connection between the Downtown on 200 South and Gateway District on 300 West. The mid‐block street will be lined with retail on both sides creating an active urban environment that is focused more on pedestrian activity
while reducing vehicular traffic.

Due to the large size of our city blocks, the existing grade of our streets and sidewalks changes deceivingly across the block frontage as well as from one block to another. The existing grade along 300 West block changes by approximately 10’‐0”, approximately half of which takes place across the project frontage. Similarly, the grade continues to change along 200 South block frontage and 200 West creating three different elevations that the mid‐street and the service alley will connect and reconcile. From that perspective the project needed to prioritize the grade elevations and their transition to maximize accessibility and street activation without making modifications to the existing streets.

300 West is a State road operated by the Utah Department of Transportation (UDOT) and is subject to UDOT regulations. The existing street elevation along 300 West (between the new mid‐block street and entrance to the hotel port cochere) varies between 4272.96 at the south end and 4276.30 at the north end. The hotel ground level elevation has been set at 4278 to maximize accessibility and engagement with the new mid‐block street. The grade changes and complex relationship between the existing and new mid‐block street required the design of the 300 West frontage to be reevaluated subsequently to the Planning Commission approval.
And it turns out SLC will have at least one rooftop dining and drinking experience soon! I still hope to see something higher and closer to Main Street eventually. This one seems to have a mostly northwestern-facing orientation too, so the views of downtown and the Wasatch won't be dominant.

Quote:
The current design maintains a rooftop bar along 300 West that will contribute to street and skyline activation in accordance with the city design standards and approved design. The refined building massing creates a distinct rooftop element articulated with recessed glazing, expressed columns and a continuous architectural roofline. The roofline terminates at the northwest corner of the building with a long and dramatic cantilever that, along with the glass volume below, announces the entrance to the
development. The distinct roofline will be illuminated with continuous, linear fixtures to maintain its presence and distinct expression on the night skyline while the wood clad soffit will diffuse the lighting
and create a floating effect.

In addition to the rooftop bar, that will activate the northwest corner and create a strong connection with the Vivint Smart Home Arena, the current design will provide street and skyline activation at the opposite southeast corner of the hotel. An outdoor pool deck, with views of the downtown skyline and mountains, will create additional active uses along the future extension of the mid‐block street. In addition to enhancing and connecting the second project phase, the pool deck will be visible and create a strong connection with 200 South.

Last edited by delts145; Apr 19, 2021 at 9:01 PM.

Old Posted Mar 1, 2021, 2:53 PM

Downtown Update - Paperbox Project - Photo Updates at the Construction Site

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottharding View Post
...And the Paperbox demo is complete...

Luke Garrott Reports - Full Article @ https://www.buildingsaltlake.com/uta...oject-details/

Dust is newly stirring up on the block directly south of the Arena in West Downtown. The PaperBox Lofts, a project of Clearwater Homes and PEG Development, is clearing its inner block-long site
for construction. The developers are in final arrangements with the city for building permits, and expect construction to take 18-22 months...

Utah Paperbox site seen from the air at 400 West. Image by Luke Garrott.

It looks like the block is set to become even more dense. Clearwater hopes to submit designs for an 85 foot,
140 unit residential project to the city soon enough for a late 2019 construction start.

Massing rendering showing a future residential project fronting 200 South on the current parking lot between Westgate Lofts and the Dakota building. Image courtesy VCBO and SLC RDA.

[IMG][/IMG]
https://www.sltrib.com/resizer/G6W0g...4GC52EYRT4.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makid View Post

Regarding the Paperbox Project:

Salt Lake City’s newest project, the Paper Box Lofts, will include 195 apartments and an ‘automobile vending machine’

https://www.sltrib.com/news/2019/03/...-citys-newest/
Developers began Tuesday to convert an old mid-block industrial site in downtown Salt Lake City into a project known as Paper Box Lofts, which will have three residential high rises, retail spaces, a visually
striking open plaza and a unique automated parking system.

Officials with Utah-based ClearWater Homes and PEG Development broke ground on the 1.99-acre property at about 340 West 200 South, just south of the Utah Jazz’s Vivint Smart Home Arena. When done,
the project will include 195 apartments.

Under an agreement with the city’s Redevelopment Agency, which has helped subsidize the project, developers will keep 36 apartments affordable to residents making 60 percent of the area median income.

Sixty percent of the area median income would be $31,700 in annual earnings for an individual, $36,200 for a household of two people and $40,700 for a household of three, according to data from Salt Lake City.

With its affordable housing, new parking, green space and midblock pedestrian walkways, Mayor Jackie Biskupski said Paper Box Lofts “will benefit our whole community.”

The project is also expected to extend the city’s downtown core further westward and improve pedestrian access from the traditional downtown to The Gateway. Salt Lake City-based ClearWater and PEG,
based in Provo, said the first residences of Paper Box Lofts are expected to be completed by spring of 2021.

Officials with ClearWater and PEG praised the help provided by city officials and the RDA in overcoming challenges with the property’s long, rectangular shape in designing what ClearWater CEO Micah Peters called
“a multifamily project we haven’t seen in this city before.”

Downtown’s latest housing project draws its name from Utah PaperBox, a privately owned packaging company founded in 1914 that occupied the site until it relocated in 2013 to new headquarters
at 920 South 700 West.

The PaperBox property, which is adjacent to a light-rail station, runs the east-west length of that block and has frontage on both 300 West and 400 West, giving it the equivalent of “two front yards,”
according to city documents.

One of those, the development’s east frontage on 300 West, will feature an open plaza with prominently displayed public art, serving “as a type of ‘calling card’ or ‘stamp’ for the entire project by providing
an engaging and colorful mural” painted on the side of its main parking structure, city documents say.

ClearWater and PEG have contracted with VCBO Architecture in Salt Lake City for design of the PaperBox project. Rimrock Construction is the builder.

The project is a leap forward for the Depot District, a westside area spanning Salt Lake Central Station and land west of The Gateway and designated by the city as blighted and in need of redevelopment.

ClearWater and PEG say the Paper Box Lofts’ first building, on 300 West, will have 95 residential units, and the second, on 400 West, will have 85 units. The third, smaller structure will have four residences.

Nearly half those will be one bedrooms, with the rest studio and two-bedroom apartments. Up to 14 units in the larger buildings will provide both working and living space, known as live-work or flex apartments.

Paper Box Lofts will also boast roughly 146 parking stalls, with about 96 of stalls those built into a large, multi-level parking structure designed to automatically stack and retrieve cars dropped off by their drivers.

Peters likened the system to “an automobile vending machine” that will essentially stack cars seven levels high. This is thought to be the first time such an automated parking system, made by an Oakland
company called CityLift, has been deployed in Salt Lake City.

Councilwoman Amy Folwer, who is also chair of the RDA board, called the new system “incredibly exciting” and said it could help the city meet a range of parking needs downtown.

ClearWater Homes has built several recent projects in the downtown area near the PaperBox site, including Broadway Lofts, just north of Pioneer Park, and Paragon Station, a 38-unit luxury condominium project
just south of the Utah PaperBox site.

PEG Development is owner and developer of two new hotels, Hyatt House and Marriott Courtyard, north of the PaperBox parcel, as well as the Milagro Apartments, at the southwest corner of 200 West and
200 South.

https://i1.wp.com/www.buildingsaltla...plan.png?ssl=1

The project was designed by VCBO Architecture. Image courtesy Salt Lake City public document

Interior Of Block Perspectives

Rendering of the interior courtyard in the PaperBox Lofts. The project was designed by VCBO Architecture. Image courtesy Salt Lake City public document

Rendering of the interior courtyard in the PaperBox Lofts. The project was designed by VCBO Architecture. Image courtesy Salt Lake City public documents

Rendering of the PaperBox Lofts as would be seen looking east from 300 West. The project was designed by VCBO Architecture. Image courtesy Salt Lake City public documents.

Rendering of the PaperBox Lofts as would be seen looking east from 300 West. The project was designed by VCBO Architecture. Image courtesy Salt Lake City public documents.

January 2020 Update - Pics By Scott Harding

July 29th

Photos By Scott Harding

August 28th

Photo By Atlas

October 30th

From 300 West

From 400 West:

From 300 South:

Photos By ThePalmerHouse

November 17th

Paperbox Lofts from 400 W:

Photo By RC14

January 7, 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrendog View Post
Wow. That is an impressive amount of infill going on right now. SLC is definitely changing in the six and a half years I've been away

Squeezed in between historic warehouse conversions and an electrical substation, Paperbox Lofts adds unique residential design savvy to west Downtown, just south of the Utah Jazz arena.

Paperbox Lofts, from the SW.

Paperbox Lofts from the west.

Paperbox Lofts from the NE. Photos By Luke Garrott at BuildingSaltLake.com

February 22nd

Photo By Atlas

Last edited by delts145; Jun 16, 2021 at 10:32 PM.

Old Posted Mar 2, 2021, 11:48 AM

Downtown Update - The Patrinely - 650 Main, Project

Tony Semarad for the Salt Lake Tribune - July 15thhttps://www.sltrib.com/news/2020/07/...on-starts-new/ - Developers broke ground Tuesday on a 10-story office and retail project in downtown Salt Lake City, called 650 Main. The Phase I glass-clad tower at the southwest corner of Main Street and 600 South will add 332,100 square feet of high-end offices — with large floor plans, 10-foot-high ceilings and copious views — to Utah’s downtown business core, with its first phases set to be completed in early 2022. The project’s backers have a second round of construction upcoming, with an office building of similar size envisioned on adjacent land at 645 W. Temple. The Utah Transit Authority announced in April it will add a new TRAX station nearby, paid for by Salt Lake City, its redevelopment agency and the developers. The new tower has been designed by HOK, a worldwide firm headquartered in St. Louis, and its builders will reportedly aim for what’s known as LEED Gold, a high standard of energy efficiency. In addition to a spacious lobby with seating areas and about 4,600 square feet of space for retail outlets, the new tower will offer tenants an indoor fitness center with locker rooms, bike storage, a private courtyard, conference facilities and both indoor and outdoor restaurant dining. The tower is one of a half-dozen new high-rise projects proposed or under construction in Utah’s downtown core. Work on 650 Main, which has been under discussion for several years, is getting underway in spite of the pandemic after its primary backers — Houston-based developer Patrinely Group and USAA Real Estate, with home offices in San Antonio — announced in March they’d landed a major tenant for the new building.

(Rendering courtesy of Patrinely Group) Developers broke ground Tuesday on Phase I of 650 Main, a 10-story office and retail development located at the corner of Main Street and 600 South in downtown Salt Lake City.

June 9, 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTPlanner View Post
The Patrinely Group should have a permit in the next two weeks for Phase 1 of their 650 Main project. They already have significant tenants ready to occupy the space as well.
March 11, 2020 - Enerbank Inks First Deal With 650 South Main

EnerBank USA is the first tenant to sign for space at 650 Main, a planned 10-story, 326,000-square-foot, Class A office building in downtown Salt Lake City. The bank will occupy 88,900 square feet on the top three floors, starting in early 2022.

Patrinely Group’s Dennis Tarro, along with Aaron Jones, Todd McLachlan and Roman Bernardoof with NKF represented the landlord, a partnership between Patrinely Group and USAA Real Estate. “This location will provide employees more convenient access to public transportation, while offering them excellent amenities and a productive working environment to give our customers the best service possible,” said EnerBank’s Charlie Knadler.

Construction on 650 Main will begin in spring. The property will be designed for LEED Gold certification, with floor plate sizes ranging from 40,000 square feet on the lower floors, to 29,500 square feet on the upper floors. HOK is the designer.

650 South Main

For companies focused on being truly competitive in today’s economy, workspaces have evolved to meet the demands of how the best and brightest collaborate in the workplace. 650 Main, a 10-story, 320,000-square-foot class A office building, is designed to meet these needs, providing dynamic workspaces that can benefit employee recruitment, foster innovation, and support healthy lifestyles. Building features start with oversized light-filled floorplates, tall ceiling heights, comprehensive onsite amenities, and outdoor tenant spaces. But they go on to include uniquely convenient accessibility, ample parking, onsite restaurants, and a location steps away from TRAX Salt Lake City’s light rail system. All this in the heart of downtown Salt Lake City, a city consistently recognized as one of the best in the nation for healthy lifestyles and quality of life. The result is a modern workplace that is connected to it all. 650 Main – a modern office building designed for how the next generation will work.

650 Main offers a desirable downtown location, with numerous hotels, dining, and entertainment spots nearby. Accessibility need not be sacrificed, with a three-minute drive to/from Interstate 80, a 10-minute drive to the airport, and direct accessibility to the TRAX light rail system right outside the front door. Whether it is the morning commute, a business lunch, or an evening workout, 650 Main’s location provides a world of convenient options for employees and visitors.

Rendering of the Patrinely Group Office Project looking from 600 South and Main Street. Image courtesy Salt Lake City planning documents.

July 28th

Photos By RC14

September 10th

This used to be a parking lot. 650 S Main site. Photo by Luke Garrott.

650 S Main site, center. 6th and Main, right center. Photo by Luke Garrott.

650 S Main and 6th and Main, bottom, Downtown, center. Photo by Luke Garrott.

Photos By Luke Garrott Of - https://www.buildingsaltlake.com/in-...uction-update/

November 30th

Photo By RC14

January 19, 2021
Construction site on the left, The 650 Main Project

(Francisco Kjolseth | The Salt Lake Tribune)

February 22nd

Photo By Atlas

Last edited by delts145; Mar 17, 2021 at 11:01 AM.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2021, 3:02 AM

Downtown Update - The '6th and Main' Project

6th & Main is a mixed-use development sitting at the gateway intersection of 600 South and Main Street in downtown Salt Lake City. It consists of 175 units and 10,100 sf of retail within an 8-story type III over type I structure.
Residential amenities include a street level lounge, co-working business center, fitness center, pool, spa, and an indoor/outdoor roof terrace with sweeping views of Downtown Salt Lake City and beyond.

MVE Architects - https://www.mve-architects.com/wp-co..._6th-Main3.jpg

July 28th

Photo By RC14

September 10th

Same aerials as previous post of the Patrinely Project. The 6th and Main Project is pictured to the right of Patrinely.

650 S Main and 6th and Main, bottom, Downtown, center. Photo by Luke Garrott.

Photos By Luke Garrott Of - https://www.buildingsaltlake.com/in-...uction-update/

October 30th

Photo By ThePalmerHouse

December 21st

Photo By RC14

January 19th

Red Crane on the right, 6th and Main Project

(Francisco Kjolseth | The Salt Lake Tribune)

February 22nd

Photo By Atlas

Old Posted Mar 3, 2021, 2:27 PM

Downtown/West Central - Restoration & Repurpose

Last edited by delts145; Mar 3, 2021 at 3:02 PM.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2021, 2:30 PM

Parting Shot

This year's tower developments that are under construction and or moving through the development pipeline.

Massings Created By Orlando

Last edited by delts145; Mar 3, 2021 at 3:07 PM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations