HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction

Old Posted Apr 7, 2023, 3:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBane View Post
IDK, I still see a very nice curved building.
Indeed. As PHLtoNYC pointed out above, The Murano uses noncurved glass panels to achieve an overall curved appearance, and it works quite well. This will still read as a curved building.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2023, 4:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoughtcriminal View Post
I was just going to post this, you beat me to it.
The one thing about decking over the train tracks, though (and I worked on the Hudson Yards project), is that the construction costs are about the same as they are in New York, but the ROI is much less in Philly. So unless there is a way to build the buildings such that they cost significantly less (like with prefabrication or some other novel method that shortens the schedule), I think it is unlikely that it will be feasible, unfortunately. I hope I'm wrong about that though. A mixed use development might soften the blow a bit, or maybe if there is a significant life sciences component to it, but in general it will be a tough sell.
I agree we wont see a hudson yards like proposal for a myriad of reasons, but why not a skybridge or cantilevered design? These are the type of Amenities Class A renters are looking for even if they never use it lol.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2023, 5:36 PM

I would be surprised if they deck the tracks, but the width of the tracks at Hudson yards is about 10x wider than here, around 200m vs 20m

Old Posted Apr 7, 2023, 11:17 PM

What do taxes on air rights look like? Same as property taxes?

Old Posted Apr 8, 2023, 7:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempleGuy1000 View Post
Good interview in the business journal

https://www.bizjournals.com/philadel...velopment.html

and the more interesting tidbit:

A big tower really would be the perfect end cap for west market over the train tracks
More then one tower could fit between 20th St and 23 over the train track , at least two tower

Old Posted Apr 9, 2023, 8:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skintreesnail View Post
I would be surprised if they deck the tracks, but the width of the tracks at Hudson yards is about 10x wider than here, around 200m vs 20m
this is America, we don't use meters here.

Old Posted Apr 10, 2023, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoughtcriminal View Post
this is America, we don't use meters here.
Yeah, we use kiosks now, or the mobile app.

Old Posted Apr 10, 2023, 3:31 PM

Interesting article about PMC’s development vision for the area around this project.

https://www.bizjournals.com/philadel...velopment.html

Old Posted Apr 12, 2023, 9:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly Fan View Post
Indeed. As PHLtoNYC pointed out above, The Murano uses noncurved glass panels to achieve an overall curved appearance, and it works quite well. This will still read as a curved building.
The Murano has a much larger radius then this new PNC building. Plus I think the design in very dependent on the curved look. Though I'm doubtful, I hope it looks ok in the end. One way or the other, its certainly going to stand out.
If PNC can make the number$ work on this site, I think/hope they can build over the tracks between 22th and 23rd. Isn't that the block that has a small City street running just north of the tracks?
Like many have said, something needs to happen to the PECO parking lot. I'm just dreaming, but I'd like to see Peco build a new HQ's there and have a developer do a creative reworking of the old building into condo's. The floor to floor distance must be around 14' or more, it could make for some grand spaces for living.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2023, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Wide View Post
The Murano has a much larger radius then this new PNC building. Plus I think the design in very dependent on the curved look. Though I'm doubtful, I hope it looks ok in the end. One way or the other, its certainly going to stand out.
True. But at least based on the latest rendering, it looks like the new PMC building will be using significantly narrower panes of glass than used on The Murano to suggest the curve. So I guess we'll just have to see how it ends up looking in real life. The good news is, they haven't just eliminated the curved look completely and simply gone back to a boring box. At least not yet.

Last edited by Philly Fan; Apr 13, 2023 at 4:08 AM.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2023, 10:37 PM
Midrise

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Wide View Post
If PNC can make the number$ work on this site, I think/hope they can build over the tracks between 22th and 23rd. Isn't that the block that has a small City street running just north of the tracks?
Like many have said, something needs to happen to the PECO parking lot. I'm just dreaming, but I'd like to see Peco build a new HQ's there and have a developer do a creative reworking of the old building into condo's. The floor to floor distance must be around 14' or more, it could make for some grand spaces for living.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly Fan View Post
True. But at least based on the latest rendering, it looks like the new PNC building will be using significantly narrower panes of glass than used on The Murano to suggest the curve. So I guess we'll just have to see how it ends up looking in real life. The good news is, they haven't just eliminated the curved look completely and simply gone back to a boring box. At least not yet.
Fix yer typos — PMC, not PNC.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2023, 4:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayfar View Post
Fix yer typos — PMC, not PNC.
Sir! Yes sir!

Not to pass the buck (but hey, why not?), but I was just copying what City Wide had posted.

Old Posted Apr 19, 2023, 4:15 PM

Old Posted Apr 26, 2023, 5:19 PM

Site Prep Continues At 2301 John F. Kennedy Boulevard In Center City West

Read/view more here:
https://phillyyimby.com/2023/04/site...city-west.html

Old Posted Apr 29, 2023, 12:50 AM
Philly Pholly

I'm very curious as to what the ground level will be like. Both JFK & 23rd Street.

Old Posted May 13, 2023, 1:17 PM

Old Posted May 13, 2023, 2:38 PM

2301 JFK by Philly SkyGuy, on Flickr

2301 JFK by Philly SkyGuy, on Flickr

Old Posted May 16, 2023, 1:57 AM

I just realized this, but we will have 4 cranes within blocks of each other along the Schuylkill River, being this, the Chubb tower, and the lab tower near 30th street and the overbuild a think a block away? Maybe even a few others soon? Im hoping these kick off some of the other towers weve seen nearby.

Old Posted May 16, 2023, 3:03 AM

True, but with how PMC is building I'd assume they will start 33 North 22nd once 2301 JFK is nearly done. That's what happened with Riverwalk, but that's a two tower project. Maybe and hopefully it'll be different

Old Posted May 16, 2023, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK2001 View Post
True, but with how PMC is building I'd assume they will start 33 North 22nd once 2301 JFK is nearly done. That's what happened with Riverwalk, but that's a two tower project. Maybe and hopefully it'll be different
I would be shocked if they really broke ground on the Trader Joe's parking lot. Would love to be wrong, but it's been 100% radio silence on that for years now.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction