HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Sep 14, 2020, 3:11 PM
self-important urbanista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post
That’s too bad, but that spot and the hard rock spot are absolutely prime for new restaurants, I imagine some new ventures will move in fairly quickly.
They are prime spots when events are taking place at Talking Stick Resort Arena or Chase Field. Without those venues, along with the convention center, to draw people, there may not be enough business to survive. I wouldn't be surprised if some of that space remained vacant until the pandemic has passed.

Last edited by exit2lef; Sep 14, 2020 at 3:30 PM.

Old Posted Sep 14, 2020, 6:14 PM

Man, I'm as happy as the next person seeing the trend of all these restaurants coming back and opening their doors again. Not to go down a rabbit hole with my response, but I really hope a 2nd wave does not hit AZ in Fall/Winter, and is not as bad as some of the Scientific community expect it to be. I'm not sure if these owners that survived the initial wave can survive another.

Old Posted Sep 17, 2020, 6:42 PM

Someone forwarded me an article from the new times discussing all the new breweries downtown that are coming up, no mention of Pedal House. Given New Times' history of picking and choosing who they talk about I have to ask this, did they leave Pedal House out of their article because it's no longer happening? or because New Times doesn't like Pedal House?

Old Posted Sep 23, 2020, 11:05 PM

https://www.azcentral.com/story/ente...oDM8mAxwZNGCHg

Az Central coverage of the new bar/restaurant Tap That coming to 909 N 5th St, part of the Desert Viking projects.

Old Posted Sep 24, 2020, 4:18 PM
self-important urbanista

Arrogant Butcher has reopened at CityScape.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2020, 4:01 PM
self-important urbanista

I noticed construction at the former Snoh Ice Shavery site on McKinley (next to Cobra Arcade Bar). Anyone know what's happening there?

Old Posted Sep 29, 2020, 5:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exit2lef View Post
I noticed construction at the former Snoh Ice Shavery site on McKinley (next to Cobra Arcade Bar). Anyone know what's happening there?
I posted a halfway coherent diatribe a while back about the idea that Cobra could be expanding around Antique Sugar into the space formerly owned by Snoh. If I could find the letter from months ago I would post it but Cobra submitted a very grainy site plan and it appeared they wanted to expand operations.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2020, 5:41 PM
self-important urbanista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phxguy View Post
I posted a halfway coherent diatribe a while back about the idea that Cobra could be expanding around Antique Sugar into the space formerly owned by Snoh. If I could find the letter from months ago I would post it but Cobra submitted a very grainy site plan and it appeared they wanted to expand operations.
They've got a trailer permanently parked there serving tacos. I wonder if this is a plan to bring it inside.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2020, 6:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exit2lef View Post
They've got a trailer permanently parked there serving tacos. I wonder if this is a plan to bring it inside.
I wouldn’t be opposed to a new brick and mortar taco joint, something like Taco Boys.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2020, 6:03 PM

In other news, a poster a few weeks back mentioned that Phx Public Market had closed. Here’s the New Times take on it: https://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/rest...zRAy49rhA5XcX0

Old Posted Sep 29, 2020, 6:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phxguy View Post
I wouldn’t be opposed to a new brick and mortar taco joint, something like Taco Boys.
Taco Boys is amazing. Tacos Califa is also taking over the old Mother Bunch Brewery location. Never had but have heard great things

Old Posted Sep 29, 2020, 6:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASU Diablo View Post
Taco Boys is amazing. Tacos Califa is also taking over the old Mother Bunch Brewery location. Never had but have heard great things
Never heard of Tacos Calafia either but they have a couple thousand reviews and an average 4.6 rating for their Peoria location. There’s no such thing as TOO many good taco joints downtown

Old Posted Sep 29, 2020, 7:27 PM

Quote:
So weird. Why are all the taco joints on the 7s? Need some that we can walk to. I know there's Tacos Chelo and Centrico but that about it for downtown and Roosevelt right? And no... I refuse to count Willy's.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2020, 7:51 PM
self-important urbanista

I walked down Washington Street between 1st and 2nd streets today noticed construction on the space that is planned to be a second location of Pa'La. I'm pleasantly surprised. I thought that dream might have been lost to the pandemic.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2020, 9:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXFlyer11 View Post
So weird. Why are all the taco joints on the 7s? Need some that we can walk to. I know there's Tacos Chelo and Centrico but that about it for downtown and Roosevelt right? And no... I refuse to count Willy's.
Something like a Mr. Mesquite’s would do fantastic close to Cobra or the Churchill on a Friday/Saturday night. Old Town and Mill have one, maybe it’s time they make their debut.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2020, 10:42 PM

Taco Calafia is one of my favorite taco spots in the state! I am very very happy for them. Now all I need to do is find a spot right next to them haha

Old Posted Sep 30, 2020, 10:59 PM

never heard of the place, reviews are decent so I'd like to try it once they open. Always liked that building.

The existing locations are too far for me to drive. I have Paquime and Maskadores both within a mile and they're great.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2020, 11:59 PM

Just saw on State 48 Brewery's IG page, a new post mentioning a "new location, new concept" at Cityscape. It looks like they may be taking over the old Tilted Kilt location.

I can't tell if they will be closing down the old Van Buren location and moving to this new spot or if this going to be a completely new location/concept and will operate two of them? My guess is the former.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2020, 12:03 AM

I don't remember hearing about State 48 at Cityscape. But there has been so much news lately.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CF0Vbh8n...id=oo1ltypd99b

Old Posted Oct 2, 2020, 1:11 AM

Quote:
Just saw on State 48 Brewery's IG page, a new post mentioning a "new location, new concept" at Cityscape. It looks like they may be taking over the old Tilted Kilt location.

I can't tell if they will be closing down the old Van Buren location and moving to this new spot or if this going to be a completely new location/concept and will operate two of them? My guess is the former.

Dang, to separate them selves from the Van Buren location, they should take over The Lucky Strike spot!!! And have a location like they have at Westgate. And Cold Beers and Cheeseburgers or a place like that should take over the Tilted Kilt spot. And then, maybe Culinary Dropout could take over The Park! And maybe a decent restaurant at the old Hard Rock 😀

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest