HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jan 21, 2020, 8:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg View Post
^ That's the Denizen in Bushwick, Brooklyn.
Got it, thanks! Wasn't sure if the skyline in the distance was real or not.

Old Posted Jan 22, 2020, 10:08 PM

Phipps plaza development

Old Posted Jan 28, 2020, 6:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
Phipps plaza development
It is so easy to forget how much development is going on in parts of the city we don't visit often. This city is absolutely on fire and it is wonderful to behold.

Old Posted Jan 28, 2020, 7:59 PM

While my wife was laboring to bring forth our son, I took a few minutes to take some development shots around Emory Midtown (Crawford-Long).

Don't worry, these buildings are not tilted in real life. Centennial Park apartments coming along nicely.

Emory's gigantadeck about to block some hotel views to the south.

Emory Winship Cancer tower destroying another surface parking lot.

Norfolk Southern and Anthem

What I hope it looks like from most 4th floor windows in Atlanta in the near future

Old Posted Jan 28, 2020, 8:30 PM

CONGRATS!

Old Posted Jan 28, 2020, 9:04 PM

Great pics and congratulations on the new addition....

Old Posted Jan 28, 2020, 11:55 PM

Congrats and thanks for sharing the pictures.

I can't quite tell but there still doesn't appear to be any activity on dual hotel next the Emory deck.

Old Posted Jan 30, 2020, 1:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinman View Post
Congrats and thanks for sharing the pictures.

I can't quite tell but there still doesn't appear to be any activity on dual hotel next the Emory deck.
Thanks for the congrats y'all! It is indeed exciting.

I could not tell if there was movement on the hotel. Am I correct in stating that the hotel will be in the rectangle at the bottom of the photo showing the excavated lot for the gigantadeck? I know they tore down the old building but have not seen any equipment to put up a crane over there. Hopefully they are going back to the design phase because that thing was U-G-L-Y.

Old Posted Jan 30, 2020, 1:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWNTWN View Post
Thanks for the congrats y'all! It is indeed exciting.

I could not tell if there was movement on the hotel. Am I correct in stating that the hotel will be in the rectangle at the bottom of the photo showing the excavated lot for the gigantadeck? I know they tore down the old building but have not seen any equipment to put up a crane over there. Hopefully they are going back to the design phase because that thing was U-G-L-Y.
Yes you are correct re the lot for the hotel. They did go back to the drawing board once Tom Keane stepped in. The redesign is a lot better. There is a drawing out there somewhere, but not sure how final it was.

Old Posted Jan 30, 2020, 3:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLmangum View Post
Yes you are correct re the lot for the hotel. They did go back to the drawing board once Tom Keane stepped in. The redesign is a lot better. There is a drawing out there somewhere, but not sure how final it was.
Someone posted a pic recently that looked new. It's in one of the Atlanta threads. It appeared that the entire building will be brick/stone, so that's good.

Old Posted Jan 30, 2020, 3:02 PM

Found it. The color looks blah in this picture, but it should match the Fox, Georgian Terrace, and the Ponce Condos so I think it will look fine.

Quote:

Old Posted Jan 30, 2020, 3:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sura View Post
Found it. The color looks blah in this picture, but it should match the Fox, Georgian Terrace, and the Ponce Condos so I think it will look fine.
The video is a bit dumbed down in terms of detail-- hopefully it will look more like the renderings-- VE for this owner though is standard--

Old Posted Jan 30, 2020, 3:56 PM

Quote:
This is a different hotel than the one we are discussing. This one is already under construction next to the Fox. The hotel we are talking about is to be built next to the new Emory garage on Linden & West Peachtree. I am not sure how to add a link, but this curbed article talks about it.
https://atlanta.curbed.com/2018/3/21...west-peachtree

Old Posted Jan 30, 2020, 4:33 PM

Quote:
This is a different hotel than the one we are discussing. This one is already under construction next to the Fox. The hotel we are talking about is to be built next to the new Emory garage on Linden & West Peachtree. I am not sure how to add a link, but this curbed article talks about it.
https://atlanta.curbed.com/2018/3/21...west-peachtree
I'll just see myself out.

I forgot about this project. If only they could share space in Emory's gargantuan deck instead of building their own parking.

Old Posted Jan 30, 2020, 5:56 PM

Quote:
I'll just see myself out.

I forgot about this project. If only they could share space in Emory's gargantuan deck instead of building their own parking.
That's crazy talk! The earlier proposal for this site included adaptive reuse of the existing historic building with a tower at the end of the parcel that adjacent to the new gargantudeck. This design needs the same Tim Keane treatment the Fox Theater hotel got. It is really a pity that developers can just throw this stuff up. Keane got the new Emory deck to at least look different than every other deck, and Emory gave up leases on surface parking lots that can hopefully be developed sooner rather than later. Their Winship tower will take up one of those lots, but the huge swath of surface parking between the (eventual ) Stitch and the Orr building desperately needs some dense residential and commercial development.

Old Posted Jan 30, 2020, 6:21 PM

Quote:
That's crazy talk! The earlier proposal for this site included adaptive reuse of the existing historic building with a tower at the end of the parcel that adjacent to the new gargantudeck. This design needs the same Tim Keane treatment the Fox Theater hotel got. It is really a pity that developers can just throw this stuff up. Keane got the new Emory deck to at least look different than every other deck, and Emory gave up leases on surface parking lots that can hopefully be developed sooner rather than later. Their Winship tower will take up one of those lots, but the huge swath of surface parking between the (eventual ) Stitch and the Orr building desperately needs some dense residential and commercial development.
My understanding is that it too IS getting the Tim Keane 'special design attention'-- This architect should be embarrassed--

Old Posted Jan 31, 2020, 2:46 AM

16-story apartment building planned for SoNo

Old Posted Jan 31, 2020, 4:48 AM

As always, I wish it were taller. However, this is right across from the Dezhu condo site and will be a great addition to the area. Still plenty of empty lots and buildings to bring to life nearby as well.

Old Posted Jan 31, 2020, 10:31 AM

Quote:
That's crazy talk! The earlier proposal for this site included adaptive reuse of the existing historic building with a tower at the end of the parcel that adjacent to the new gargantudeck. This design needs the same Tim Keane treatment the Fox Theater hotel got. It is really a pity that developers can just throw this stuff up. Keane got the new Emory deck to at least look different than every other deck, and Emory gave up  leases on surface parking lots that can hopefully be developed sooner rather than later. Their Winship tower will take up one of those lots, but the huge swath of surface parking between the (eventual ) Stitch and the Orr building desperately needs some dense residential and commercial development.

Yes.  This hotel did get revised with help from the planning dept (thankfully).  This is the only rendering of the updated hotel that I've seen.  There was also an article that the developer had gotten a construction loan so the delay in construction is kind of curious.

Old Posted Jan 31, 2020, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Yes.  This hotel did get revised with help from the planning dept (thankfully).  This is the only rendering of the updated hotel that I've seen.  There was also an article that the developer had gotten a construction loan so the delay in construction is kind of curious.

My understanding is that they cleared the lot and that’s it. Haven’t actually begun construction.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations