HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jan 5, 2023, 3:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC2ATX View Post
Does anyone have any development news about Nashville?
Plan pitched to redevelop Belle Meade Kroger site

Quote:
A new vision for property surrounding the Belle Meade Kroger would replace a decades-old strip mall with residential towers, retail locations and an extension of the Richland Creek Greenway.

Development firm AJ Capital Partners is behind the proposal for the Belle Meade Plaza site, which was recently submitted to the Nashville Planning Department.

A series of towers ranging from 11-15 stories would house up to 120 condos and 380 apartments, per planning documents. The 15-story building could also include hotel space with as many as 120 rooms.

Old Posted Jan 5, 2023, 6:38 AM
Future God

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC2ATX View Post
Does anyone have any development news about Nashville?
There's like 70 towers over 10 stories being built right now!

-Bob Marley

Old Posted Jan 5, 2023, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BnaBreaker View Post

Old Posted Jan 5, 2023, 12:45 PM

It has been about two years since I have done a development rundown and I am working on a new one now. I will post once I have this bad boy done as it will take a while to finish.

As Yoda would say. A Monster it is.

Old Posted Jan 5, 2023, 3:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbannizer View Post
[B]
Crazy. My dad worked in the 12~ story building opposite this strip mall for many years. I think that his car got hit once in that parking garage. I believe that that building is owned by the Ingram family.

Old Posted Jan 5, 2023, 3:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innsertnamehere View Post
Atlanta is a metro region of over 5 million. 80,000 daily trips is paltry for a metro region of that size.

Montreal, a city with a metro population 20% smaller, posts nearly 10x the daily ridership with over 750,000 daily trips. That is a transit oriented city.

Even Boston posts over 3 times the ridership in a smaller metro, and that's a direct US comparison.

With the exception of the subway beneath Peachtree St., MARTA generally does not have good station locations because the lines typically follow freight railroad corridors at-grade out to suburbs.

By comparison, Montreal's Metro is completely, 100% underground, meaning nearly all stations are in ideal locations.

Boston is half-and-half. Most of the Red Line is a real subway line, with stations located beneath traditional neighborhood business districts, but the Orange Line made use of existing ROWs, as does the Blue Line and the southern extensions of the Red Line.

Last edited by jmecklenborg; Jan 9, 2023 at 8:19 PM.

Old Posted Feb 3, 2023, 2:00 PM

A little news from yesterday. Tishman Speyer closed on the property at 133 KVB. Plans for the site are still unclear, however after looking at the Deed Master this morning on ROD I will say a Condo tower is part of the mix on part of the property.

The back half of the block is also mentioned containing the Rutledge Hill Condos and I think those will be purchased at some point as well.

This parcel has been waiting a long time to be developed. It is still unclear as to the size of the buildings.

More to come maybe today and later in the coming days.

I do know there probably will be another announcement for a high-rise coming this month if all goes well. Things are a little slow right now, but I think that is the case everywhere.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2023, 9:48 PM

A 17 story Homewood Suites Hilton Tempo announce for 100 Spring St. This is the same group that was going to do the dual brand hotel at Top Golf I think the problem was that the land owners would not sale. This project is across the street and will be 204 feet tall.

Crappy rendering and will post when I am not on my iPad.

A 14 story announced for 526 Lafayette, 150’, Siva Hospitality is the developer and SE Venture is the architect. Again if someone feels groggy and wants to post the rendering the go for it.

Hall Capital planning a 22 story 350 unit residential project at their Demonbreun Hill site. Details also emerged this week. This is within the current SP zoning approved for the site. No rendering yet. I think they can do at least two more towers within this site.

1806 Division once thought dead is now moving forward again down from 32 stories to 25. Few details right now but will be forthcoming.

Broadway Brewhouse has closed and speculation is there will be another tower at that site on the corner of 19th and Broadway.

Another large developer whom I can’t name just yet is about to be named for a large project inside the core. I know the location but I am not at liberty to say just yet, but I speculate there will be multiple towers. This would be this company’s first venture in Nashville but they are a big boy company.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2023, 2:58 PM

The planning commission approved AJ Capital's redevelopment plan for Belle Meade Plaza, replacing the ca 1961 strip shopping center with four residential towers, a hotel and five retail front buildings at the western intersection of White Bridge and Harding Roads. There was much vocal opposition to the plan which the developer had reduced in height by 70 ft. to buildings ranging between 100 and 150 ft. and ranging from 11 to 14 stories and a reduction in residential units by 162 to a total of 338. The proposal goes to the metro council now for approval over three votes. The plan includes greenway improvements and connections to the Richland Creek gw via the adjacent Harding Town Center.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/busine...3c53d8847.html

Last edited by Texcitement; Mar 27, 2023 at 3:11 PM.

Old Posted Mar 30, 2023, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texcitement View Post
The planning commission approved AJ Capital's redevelopment plan for Belle Meade Plaza, replacing the ca 1961 strip shopping center with four residential towers, a hotel and five retail front buildings at the western intersection of White Bridge and Harding Roads. There was much vocal opposition to the plan which the developer had reduced in height by 70 ft. to buildings ranging between 100 and 150 ft. and ranging from 11 to 14 stories and a reduction in residential units by 162 to a total of 338. The proposal goes to the metro council now for approval over three votes. The plan includes greenway improvements and connections to the Richland Creek gw via the adjacent Harding Town Center.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/busine...3c53d8847.html
Disappointed.

Old Posted Mar 31, 2023, 1:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BnaBreaker View Post
That's impressive as hell!

Old Posted Apr 10, 2023, 12:42 PM

A new project that has been looming for a while has been announced. The project at 10th and Lea will be 37 floors and 34 floors standing about 410' & 350' with 813 residential units.
Also 800 Main street, a 10 story project and another project by Somera Road for Weho.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2023, 9:16 PM

I like it. There seems to be a nice trend towards darker residential buildings.

Things will be great when you're downtown.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2023, 12:59 PM

A new updated rendering of 901 MLK was released this week along with a new height of 370'. Construction should start sometime this year and Giarratana is self-financing the project.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2023, 4:28 PM

[QUOTE=nashvilleron;9914222]A new project that has been looming for a while has been announced. The project at 10th and Lea will be 37 floors and 34 floors standing about 410' & 350' with 813 residential units.
Also 800 Main street, a 10 story project and another project by Somera Road for Weho.

A rendering of it's location near Cummings Station and the JW Marriott

Old Posted May 9, 2023, 11:43 AM

A few minor projects that have popped up over the past few weeks' worth mentioning.

Endeavor Musci Row is a 15-story project at 7 Music circle North. No solid rendering yet. All Images are from Metro Gov.

Next is Citizen M Hotel at McGavock & 12th Ave S. that will be 10 stories and about 139'. Ragland Development & Baskervill Architecture. No color rendering yet.

Next is Davidson Riverview. It will be around 7 buildings ranging from 8 to 20 stories and up to 1300 residential and hotel units. No renderings yet. Gresahm Smith is the architect.

Last is the 3rd Ave Hotel. ESA is the architect, and the developer is unknown.
This is the location last home to Gino's East and would stand 13 stories and 130' tall.

Old Posted May 10, 2023, 10:47 PM

What do you guys think about this ? Accelerated timeline for rapid transit to airport ?

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashvill...v5-tVbPSXaR8Dc

Old Posted May 10, 2023, 11:11 PM

Word is that the Mayor's budget it DOA, but there's some movement toward installing a city-wide BRT system. The problem remains that it's unpopular with the general public to take lanes away from what already exists for dedicated mass transit. It's looking like the future of transit will be up to the next mayor. None of the candidates have weighed in on the topic in a committed sort of way.

Old Posted May 11, 2023, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Word is that the Mayor's budget it DOA, but there's some movement toward installing a city-wide BRT system. The problem remains that it's unpopular with the general public to take lanes away from what already exists for dedicated mass transit. It's looking like the future of transit will be up to the next mayor. None of the candidates have weighed in on the topic in a committed sort of way.
If Jacksonville can build a citywide BRT I don’t see why Nashville can’t.

Old Posted May 11, 2023, 12:29 AM
Future God

Quote:
The city just needs to, for lack of a better term, nut up and build it already. The people that don't like the idea of sharing the road with BRT will just have to get over it. What are they gonna do, move to Knoxville because Murfreesboro Road got reduced from three lanes to two? It's not like they could move to around the same size or larger... nearly all of them are building BRT or LRT systems too, if they don't already have them that is!

-Bob Marley

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations