HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted May 3, 2022, 3:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueviking View Post
As long as the current Chair of CentreVenture is in position there will be no more buying of hotels or liquor licences.

Downtown is pretty depressing right now I agree. Portage Avenue is 90% vacant. Broken windows everywhere. It’s far worse than the 90’s.
Well if thats CV’s and the Chair’s position on problematic liquor licenses, they are off side with 98% of building owners and businesses in the area. So whom then are they working for? If the view and position of the Exchange BIZ is to deal with this issue what is CV going to do about it other than be an obstructionist? There are a multitude of businesses which produce and sell alcohol which add to the vibrancy of the area. The one or two establishments that cause a hugely disproportionate amount of disruption and social anguish in the area to the detriment of everyone else need to be dealt with. I’m saying close the vendor not bar for starters or take a Bell Hotel approach.

I see nothing wrong with housing at risk individuals in the location. Fill the building with solutions not problems.

If one is not in agreement with this concept perhaps it’s time for the Chair and Board of Directors to reconsider why they are there and perhaps move on. I think six plus years in that role may be enough don’t you?

As for your second comment, I’m glad we can agree on that…

Last edited by Labroco; May 3, 2022 at 3:36 PM.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan