HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Aug 19, 2022, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakman View Post
Counted 11 cranes!
There are currently 28 cranes downtown with another 4 about to go up. Then there are another dozen in the inner ring. This city is going crazy with construction.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2022, 1:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvilleron View Post
Hey guys,

It's all good! The Ritz which will start in the 4th qtr. will be 569. 1010 Church which is slated to start 1st qtr. of 2023 will be 750'. Preliminary work has started at the YMCA in order for the demo work to begin. The base of the Amazon 3 tower 600' is under way, however that one will be slow as Amazon is reevaluating how they configure the floor space. Once the Ritz starts Tony G. will start his 800 Lea tower 610' across the street. He just wants to make sure that one starts before he starts his. Also, Pinnacle is under construction at 504'.
I will be meeting with Tony in the next few weeks, and I will see if there is any new news anywhere.

In other news GBT has made their plans clearer at the Beaman site with a design overlay for the area with 7 towers of 20-35 stories.

The Demonbreun Hill site is back in play with Hall Capital buying the site for 57 million. The SP allows for 3 hire-rise buildings now, but I see a SP modification coming as that SP was done when the land sold for 17 million. They will need to get a better ROI on the property.

There are other things that are coming down the pipeline I know about but can't mention here or the other forum I am on. Some of you all know I have some sources that are pretty good and know about this stuff a good while before it happens. I knew about the 3-tower project at the Dairy site or at least I heard it was three towers and was Bosa a few months back. So, there is more coming if the economy holds up! I am optimistic.
Excellent!!!

You know, if all that is planned for the the east end of midtown comes to fruition, it will actually end up being about the size of downtown prior to the expansion into SoBro, the Gulch and now Nashville Yards. Maybe even larger. That is amazing. And when you factor in plans for the East Bank, Nashville is going to be quite impressive. Now, if the developers will just more creative in their design concepts to create a more diverse skyline.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2022, 2:32 PM

^ Nashville’s boom is astonishing. I guess is everyone’s living and working downtown transit’s not a problem. LOL

Old Posted Aug 19, 2022, 2:38 PM

So Nashville's new tallest will be 750' ?

Old Posted Aug 19, 2022, 3:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PillowTalk4 View Post
Excellent!!!

You know, if all that is planned for the the east end of midtown comes to fruition, it will actually end up being about the size of downtown prior to the expansion into SoBro, the Gulch and now Nashville Yards. Maybe even larger. That is amazing. And when you factor in plans for the East Bank, Nashville is going to be quite impressive. Now, if the developers will just more creative in their design concepts to create a more diverse skyline.
Midtown is now larger than downtown from the 1990s if you look at footprint of developed blocks. When the Beaman and Reed properties are partially completed, the skyline and height will be larger than in 2000. That would include 5 buildings of 400'+ and 7 of 250'+, but the biggest difference that can already be seen in MT is in the number of midrises. When 1401 Church is completed it will most definitely catapult MT to the size DT was just a decade ago after the new Pinnacle and a few other towers were finished. The Margaux is massive and it sits where there were 1&2 story buildings and parking lots a year ago between Charlotte and Church. Ground was broken a block away at 19th and Church this week on a two-tower building and another midrise on Hayes. Then another 16-story soon to rise in the next block. Ground breaking later this year. There are an additional dozen midrises underway in the 13X8 blocks that make up MT.

Regarding the density which is getting very crowded from 25th Avenue all the way to the river and now starting across the river to East, there is already a dire need for transit but the mayor shows no interest in addressing that issue. He's an incompetent and stubborn man.

Yes, Nashville's new tallest will be 750'. And the start of that one is imminent. I don't work with that developer, but I've heard starting Q2 of 2023.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2022, 4:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
^ Nashville’s boom is astonishing. I guess is everyone’s living and working downtown transit’s not a problem. LOL
Not everyone. By far the numbers of the ring counties are totaling more new residents than Davidson. I work in Williamson, and there's a whole new skyline rising around the east side of the 65 behind the Medical Center. And now buildings are underway on both sides all the way to the 840 junction.

Growth in Rutherford and Wilson has been on steroids for a decade now, and then there's Sumner which is in an obvious boom now. After years of neglect and modest growth, now development is rapidly moving north from downtown.

Old Posted Aug 25, 2022, 7:46 PM

According to the president of the Nashville CVB there will be a St. Regis hotel built in Nashville. An announcement will be coming soon. He disclosed no location.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2022, 10:03 PM

So what’s with the lack of up to date info on the Nashville diagram page?

Old Posted Aug 29, 2022, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChoppy View Post
i have no idea. I don't even know who maintains them. They're not even up to date with the buildings completed in the past 3 years.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2022, 11:44 PM
Future God

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChoppy View Post
It's just up to people volunteering their time to draw the buildings you see in the diagrams. It's not like there is a committee that keeps track of what is in need of being drawn and who should draw it. Usually the artists just draw from places they know, so maybe there just aren't any artists who know or care about Nashville all that much?

-Bob Marley

Old Posted Aug 30, 2022, 12:17 PM

That looks like something MidTN (Pete) would do. Beyond me. I have enough to keep track of between work, (the OTHER forum), the map I do that some of you are familiar with. I am not a spring chicken either.

I also dabble in a few other things too. Besides MidTN is probably in the middle of a move to Chattanooga about now to be closer to his grandchildren, and he is sort of backing off a lot of things to enjoy his time with them. (don't blame him)!

Old Posted Aug 30, 2022, 5:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BnaBreaker View Post
It's just up to people volunteering their time to draw the buildings you see in the diagrams. It's not like there is a committee that keeps track of what is in need of being drawn and who should draw it. Usually the artists just draw from places they know, so maybe there just aren't any artists who know or care about Nashville all that much?
Why can’t a good photographer just snap nice , clear pictures and scale them on there? Is there a rule that they must be drawn?

Old Posted Aug 30, 2022, 10:09 PM
Future God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasticman View Post
Why can’t a good photographer just snap nice , clear pictures and scale them on there? Is there a rule that they must be drawn?
Although I did draw a tiny handful many many years ago (under the name Rubbadub, for some reason lol,) I'm not an expert on the diagrams by any means. However, I do think that even if there's no rule outright it is at least strongly encouraged that they be drawn. It doesn't take an expert to make decent looking buildings. I just used MSPaint back in the day, and am certainly no graphic designer. However, it does take at least several hours to do one, I would say, which most of us probably don't have. There is a drawing request section of the forum here, where a thread could be made requesting more Nashville content, but in my experience most artists just kind of ignore them and continue drawing what they want. But maybe it's worth a shot?

-Bob Marley

Old Posted Sep 1, 2022, 7:34 PM
Nashville born and raised

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvilleron View Post
That looks like something MidTN (Pete) would do. Beyond me. I have enough to keep track of between work, (the OTHER forum), the map I do that some of you are familiar with. I am not a spring chicken either.

I also dabble in a few other things too. Besides MidTN is probably in the middle of a move to Chattanooga about now to be closer to his grandchildren, and he is sort of backing off a lot of things to enjoy his time with them. (don't blame him)!
Yes, I'm very busy now. I do prefer to make a 'random' mashup of the rising and proposed buildings going up. There is not any labeling, but the impact of the overall schematic as a skyline being added to the current skyline, I think is very impressive.

Nashville! The city your city wishes it was!

Last edited by MidTenn1; Sep 2, 2022 at 2:49 AM.

Old Posted Sep 1, 2022, 8:10 PM

That's amazing!!!! And lest someone think that's what the skyline looks like now, those are only the buildings currently under development. Can you make that file one that can be enlarged by clicking on it?

Old Posted Sep 2, 2022, 11:53 AM

Besides I am also busy as the dickens updating Emporis. It seems it was just done in a haphazard manor over the past 2 or 3 years.

I have 50 to 75 buildings at least to be added, not to mention tons of photos to be taken and added. I put in 5 or 6 projects yesterday and have to get some declared dead before I can enter new projects in their place like One KVB & Modera McGavock. The old projects are still there, and you can't just put another project on top of the old one.

This is a total pain in the rear, but it has to be done. I think the folks that were updating were out of towners and just looked at news articles and updated when they saw a big one.

Old Posted Sep 2, 2022, 4:07 PM

The Nashville diagrams section here is so out of date that even the 4 Seasons (540'?) isn't listed. Somebody from Nashville should add these projects into the diagrams section. They don't have to necessarily be drawn, but it would be nice if the entries were there for statistical purposes.

For reference, this is a screen shot for Built, Construction, On Hold, AND Proposed!!! It's essentially missing everything!!!

Outdated Nashville by David Z, on Flickr

Old Posted Sep 5, 2022, 10:23 PM

Another solid midrise building breaks ground. St. Louis based Subtext has begun the Local on Hayes Street. Massive block-sized residential in fast growing Midtown.

Courtesy of Nashville Post

https://www.nashvillepost.com/busine...d4ecdb711.html

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...301616772.html

Last edited by Texcitement; Sep 6, 2022 at 12:00 AM.

Old Posted Sep 6, 2022, 12:08 AM

The next block over from the Local (above), this midrise tower is about to break ground. Demo is scheduled for this month.

Chicago based Ascend will begin demolition of the full block for this 16-story tower at 1815 Church Street.

Courtesy Nashville Business Journal

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashvill...ower-loan.html

Old Posted Sep 7, 2022, 1:48 AM
Future God

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZH22 View Post
The Nashville diagrams section here is so out of date that even the 4 Seasons (540'?) isn't listed. Somebody from Nashville should add these projects into the diagrams section. They don't have to necessarily be drawn, but it would be nice if the entries were there for statistical purposes.

For reference, this is a screen shot for Built, Construction, On Hold, AND Proposed!!! It's essentially missing everything!!!
Yes, we know... it's what we were just discussing here.

-Bob Marley

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations