HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Sep 24, 2022, 4:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1070 View Post
Parking will be underground. I feel like this is more to scale with the surrounding neighborhood. I never thought an 80 floor building would look right in that spot, so I actually like this better. Any buildings of substantial height belong downtown. It's just too haphazard looking to have random tall buildings scattered around. We don't want to be Houston.
It will be nice when that surface lot connecting to this property becomes a transit station.
I was kinda hoping for the taller version but this is cool too. Just hoping they don't downsize it further.

Old Posted Sep 24, 2022, 6:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dariusb View Post
I was kinda hoping for the taller version but this is cool too. Just hoping they don't downsize it further.
The GS buildings seem pretty set on the design, but the other buildings for residential/hotel space pictured are just concepts of what could be built there. I'm sure they will change before anything happens again.

Old Posted Dec 1, 2022, 1:54 AM

DART restoring bus service while working through hiring problem.
https://www.dmagazine.com/frontburne...iring-problem/

Old Posted Jan 8, 2023, 6:09 PM
Meh

https://1073kissfmtexas.com/billion-...WsYkK9BNBYGp7g
Quote:
[b][size=3]Billion Dollar Resort 90 Minutes Away From Tyler, TX Coming Soon
Melz On The MIC
Published: January 5, 202

Sapphire Bay is a $1 billion development and the newest mixed-use, master planned community in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex.

Construction is already underway for the community that will host a lot of amazing things! The 116-acre development will be Texas’ first resort destination anchored by a state-of-the-art man-made lagoon, offering guests a luxurious stay along it’s shore at the 500 room Sapphire Bay Resort, operated and managed by Destination Hotels by Hyatt.

Thou shall not indict

Old Posted Jan 9, 2023, 6:15 PM
DENNAB

New renderings of the replacement project of the new second tallest.

https://northend.com

Old Posted Jan 9, 2023, 6:58 PM
World Traveler

That looks awesome! What's the timeline on this?

Old Posted Jan 10, 2023, 1:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummer View Post
That looks awesome! What's the timeline on this?
Parcel A - the Goldman Sachs offices, should go up first along with the greenspace if I'm not mistaken. The entire lot is cleared of the apartment complex that once stood there and utility work is being done now on the site. The three other parcels are not firmed up yet from what I've collected, but that could have changed.

Old Posted Jan 10, 2023, 4:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatan View Post
New renderings of the replacement project of the new second tallest.

https://northend.com
How tall is this going to be?

Old Posted Jan 10, 2023, 3:13 PM
World Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1070 View Post
Parcel A - the Goldman Sachs offices, should go up first along with the greenspace if I'm not mistaken. The entire lot is cleared of the apartment complex that once stood there and utility work is being done now on the site. The three other parcels are not firmed up yet from what I've collected, but that could have changed.
Thanks for the update. I wondered for years when that apartment complex would be replaced with something better suited for the area - hard to believe it's actually happening.

Old Posted Jan 11, 2023, 3:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummer View Post
Thanks for the update. I wondered for years when that apartment complex would be replaced with something better suited for the area - hard to believe it's actually happening.
There's been a lot of proposals for the surface lots in the general vicinity of this project in Victory Park and Harwood District. I think having Goldman there will help kick those off. Dallas is always in what seems like a proposal boom, but we are never sure what will actually gain traction. lol

Old Posted Jan 11, 2023, 4:59 AM

Sometimes I wonder what Dallas' skyline would've looked like if all of the big 80's proposals were built.

Old Posted Jan 11, 2023, 11:11 PM
Voice of the Modern World

Universal Studios theme park planned for DFW

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/business...3167638/?amp=1

Old Posted Jan 12, 2023, 1:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dariusb View Post
Sometimes I wonder what Dallas' skyline would've looked like if all of the big 80's proposals were built.
Chicago

Old Posted Jan 12, 2023, 6:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N90 View Post
Universal Studios theme park planned for DFW

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/business...3167638/?amp=1
Wow, that'll be interesting.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2023, 3:08 PM
World Traveler

^^ I saw that as well. Crazy amount of stuff going into the northern suburbs.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2023, 4:54 PM

DFW traffic congestion ranked 14th nationwide.
https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/traffic/...e-u-s/3167126/

Old Posted Jan 13, 2023, 1:48 PM

What is up with Dallas? I just read Dallas was like number 2 or 3 for downtown growth yet there seems to be very little happening down there (relatively). Is that the reality or are there just not enough Dallas forumers to update us?

Old Posted Jan 13, 2023, 3:26 PM
World Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtown,man View Post
What is up with Dallas? I just read Dallas was like number 2 or 3 for downtown growth yet there seems to be very little happening down there (relatively). Is that the reality or are there just not enough Dallas forumers to update us?
I think there is more activity on DallasMetropolis, but I don't frequent that one - I just lurk from time to time as I have some family that lives up there.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2023, 3:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtown,man View Post
There are approximately two sizable projects that are proposed. The Portman Holding project thats about 50 stories on the eastern side of downtown - mostly residential. And then Hoque Development on the southside of downtown.

Two projects that are under construction in downtown are; the small JW Marrior tower, and then modera st paul which is about 16 stories residential project.

Uptown has approximately close to a $1B in development under construction right now. 23 Springs, 3001 Maple Ave, Crescent residential tower, Harwood #14, The quadrangle, and the North End (which has been demolished, but permits have been filed for a February start date - this is the Goldman Sachs office complex)

Knox area has three to four towers proposed, one if not two are under construction.

The Central ($1B) proposed project has started its second residential project.

Urby in the design district has started on their second tower.

Irving, Frisco, Plano, and Ft Worth are all beating downtown Dallas in buildings proposed and under construction.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2023, 5:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkill34 View Post
There are approximately two sizable projects that are proposed. The Portman Holding project thats about 50 stories on the eastern side of downtown - mostly residential. And then Hoque Development on the southside of downtown.

Two projects that are under construction in downtown are; the small JW Marrior tower, and then modera st paul which is about 16 stories residential project.

Uptown has approximately close to a $1B in development under construction right now. 23 Springs, 3001 Maple Ave, Crescent residential tower, Harwood #14, The quadrangle, and the North End (which has been demolished, but permits have been filed for a February start date - this is the Goldman Sachs office complex)

Knox area has three to four towers proposed, one if not two are under construction.

The Central ($1B) proposed project has started its second residential project.

Urby in the design district has started on their second tower.

Irving, Frisco, Plano, and Ft Worth are all beating downtown Dallas in buildings proposed and under construction.
Anything going on with the Field Street District project?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations