HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Sep 22, 2022, 1:36 PM

I drove by this yesterday and had the circle the block a few times when I was running an errand. One thing that I think is being overlooked about this development is the size of the first floor footprint.

Everyone is focused on the Amazon Fresh...but that will be in the west side of the building in the one floor portion. But the ceilings on the first floor of the main building are really very high and to me, with the exception of what I assume will be an accommodating lobby, it looks as though the rest of the first floor facing Spring Garden will also be devoted to Retail.

Lastly, the developer keeps a super clean job site. I noticed multiple laborers broom sweeping the street (on both Spring Garden and 5th) at the end of the day. It looked better than the surrounding area. Streets Dept take note.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2022, 2:05 PM
Philly Pholly

Great shots.
What's happening here just blows me away!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTone View Post

Old Posted Sep 27, 2022, 2:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEFTA View Post
Great shots.
What's happening here just blows me away!
Almost topped out.

Wait till they start across the street!!

Old Posted Oct 29, 2022, 11:34 AM

Tower Crane coming down

tower crane being dismantled as of this morning...project ahead of schedule!

Old Posted Nov 2, 2022, 9:46 PM

This project is now called “The Carson” and has officially topped out per MPN
https://www.instagram.com/p/CkePEGzp...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Old Posted Nov 27, 2022, 7:07 PM

3 new Philadelphia apartment buildings reach construction milestones

Quote:
Three Philadelphia apartment buildings recently reached development milestones.

An 18-story mixed-use building off Broad Street, a 31-story residential building in Society Hill, and a 12-story building in Northern Liberties have topped out, meaning the structures of the buildings are fully in place as construction continues.

570 N. 5th St.

Philadelphia real estate company Rodin Development's 12-story, 373-apartment building at 570 N. 5th St. was also recently topped off. The Carson will have underground parking with 206 spaces and an Amazon Fresh grocery store, according to previous Philadelphia Business Journal reporting. The building will have studio, one-bedroom and two-bedroom apartments.

It’s located on the northwest corner of Spring Garden and North 5th streets in the rapidly changing Northern Liberties neighborhood. Move-ins are planned to begin in March or April of 2023.

Amenities planned for The Carson include a club room, fitness center, game lounge, co-working space, brew pub, hardwood basketball court, rooftop terraces, a pool and bike storage.
Article behind paywall here:
https://www.bizjournals.com/philadel...s-top-off.html

Old Posted Nov 29, 2022, 10:07 PM

Some progress shots looking at the lot from the North.

Old Posted Nov 30, 2022, 2:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spore415 View Post
Some progress shots looking at the lot from the North.

Great shot!
The Russian Orthodox Church did a fantastic job with the repainting of their dome (not sure what the proper word is). The glittering paint is great!

Old Posted Dec 30, 2022, 8:44 PM
Fishtown & Country

12/30

Old Posted Dec 30, 2022, 8:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blart View Post
12/30

Man that yellow line is so annoying. All white would look so much better.

Old Posted Dec 30, 2022, 10:25 PM

My god, what an upgrade from the shite that was there before.

Old Posted Dec 31, 2022, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorade_Jim View Post
Man that yellow line is so annoying. All white would look so much better.
I agree. It makes it look kind of childish and cheap, and looks a lot like those newer buildings by CCP on the other side of Spring Garden. I'm still ok with it overall.

Old Posted Dec 31, 2022, 4:05 PM
Philly Pholly

This is residential, isn't it?
Really looks like an office building.

Old Posted Dec 31, 2022, 5:17 PM

I was just in the area yesterday. This entire stretch feels COMPLETELY transformed with these new projects going up. It’s incredible. There’s still some more developable plots along Spring Garden, but from I-95 to 5th street already feels completely transformed. It’s incredible. This building doesn’t have the best design but holy shit what an upgrade over what was there.

Old Posted Dec 31, 2022, 5:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
I was just in the area yesterday. This entire stretch feels COMPLETELY transformed with these new projects going up. It’s incredible. There’s still some more developable plots along Spring Garden, but from I-95 to 5th street already feels completely transformed. It’s incredible. This building doesn’t have the best design but holy shit what an upgrade over what was there.
For sure.

This, with the crane up at 2nd & Spring Garden and the elevator towers poking out of the ground on the SE corner of 5th & Spring Garden, you can already feel the canyon effect, particularly when driving west from Delaware Avenue.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2023, 5:19 PM

There is some framing going on in the commercial space but its only in the corner by the entrance/elevator. I thought there were rumors last year about Amazon pulling out of the space in this building. Did we ever get an update about that one way or the other?

Old Posted Jan 9, 2023, 5:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd&Brown View Post
For sure.

This, with the crane up at 2nd & Spring Garden and the elevator towers poking out of the ground on the SE corner of 5th & Spring Garden, you can already feel the canyon effect, particularly when driving west from Delaware Avenue.
Yes I drove by it over the weekend. The building makes a big difference being so close to the street. Impressive size. I lived on 4th and Brown for nearly 6 years until 2016, that whole area south of Fairmont is incredible now.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2023, 5:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by philly_account12 View Post
There is some framing going on in the commercial space but its only in the corner by the entrance/elevator. I thought there were rumors last year about Amazon pulling out of the space in this building. Did we ever get an update about that one way or the other?
I never heard that rumor.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2023, 6:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by philly_account12 View Post
From my understanding Amazon isn't pulling out of these spaces, but rather stalling the opening or abandoning them altogether. Amazon is however fulfilling their lease agreements. There is another Amazon Fresh on the Boulevard that just recently finished the buildout and has yet to open. Honestly the construction activity in the Northeast is insane right now too, but that's for another discussion
https://retailwire.com/discussion/wh...resh-openings/
https://therealdeal.com/2022/12/21/a...ve-gone-stale/

Old Posted Jan 9, 2023, 6:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimpskibot View Post
From my understanding Amazon isn't pulling out of these spaces, but rather stalling the opening or abandoning them altogether. Amazon is however fulfilling their lease agreements. There is another Amazon Fresh on the Boulevard that just recently finished the buildout and has yet to open. Honestly the construction activity in the Northeast is insane right now too, but that's for another discussion
https://retailwire.com/discussion/wh...resh-openings/
https://therealdeal.com/2022/12/21/a...ve-gone-stale/
Same in Willow Grove. The Amazon Fresh is fully built, but not open.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive