HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Old Posted Jul 22, 2022, 3:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahealy View Post
What are those renders and how did this get worse? lmao ....I guess it's relatively tall
It seems more "industrial," though not in a good way. I think especially from the original designs, it's almost like they borrowed 40% of the design from the independent (poorly structured crown, and bare parking podium included).

Old Posted Jul 31, 2022, 7:25 PM

Not sure what is going on with the Modern. It doesn't appear that they have even finished digging the hole yet there is no heavy equipment on site. Actually, the site looks almost entirely deserted and it looks like they have put some rebar down on the sidewalks in preparation to re-pour them maybe? Doesn't seem like something you would do at this early stage of construction on a 650 foot tower. Hope I'm wrong but this doesn't give me a good feeling on this one.

Old Posted Jul 31, 2022, 9:56 PM

It is somewhat strange that they removed all the equipment. Their insta just released a video two days ago. I thought I also remembered reading that most of their units (excluding penthouse suites) were sold. Could be misremembering that last part.

Old Posted Jul 31, 2022, 10:23 PM

Here's from two weeks ago. Looks like they're expecting to start drilling in August.

Old Posted Jul 31, 2022, 10:47 PM

Apologies for spamming the page, but here is the only evidence I saw that would indicate most of the units have been sold. Don't know who this person is, other than they appear to be a realtor for the Austin area.

Old Posted Jul 31, 2022, 10:59 PM

Yes, 100% of the non-penthouse units are reserved and the project is financed. They are probably just having some construction delays.

Things will be great when you're downtown.

Old Posted Aug 1, 2022, 12:06 AM

Hope y'all are right and we see some heavy equipment on site soon!

Old Posted Aug 1, 2022, 7:22 AM

15 mil for a condo on Rainey. Wow the times sure have changed!

Old Posted Aug 1, 2022, 4:15 PM

Drove by this morning and they had Rainey blocked off and there were 10-15 workers present.

Old Posted Aug 1, 2022, 4:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The ATX View Post
Yes, 100% of the non-penthouse units are reserved and the project is financed. They are probably just having some construction delays.
Confirming this info. There are 5 total remaining that are yet under hard contract: one 2 story PH for $15m, and 4 half floor "sub-penthouses" in the $9-10 range. Everything else, around 270 units, was sold in under a week this Spring.

Old Posted Aug 1, 2022, 4:55 PM
World Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by loonytoony View Post
Confirming this info. There are 5 total remaining that are yet under hard contract: one 2 story PH for $15m, and 4 half floor "sub-penthouses" in the $9-10 range. Everything else, around 270 units, was sold in under a week this Spring.
That's nuts.

Old Posted Aug 3, 2022, 4:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loonytoony View Post
With info like this, I start to wonder what percentage of these sales are pure investors vs. home buyers? Is the internal Austin market so strong that it supports itself or is it relying on a mix of outside investment to keep it going. Since these are new builds don't the buyers who are financing these units get the interest rate at the time the unit is actually move-in ready? These rates will be considerably higher than last spring. Or does the delay rate lock only apply to single family homes? I do not know the workings of the system.

Old Posted Aug 3, 2022, 5:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AusTex View Post
With info like this, I start to wonder what percentage of these sales are pure investors vs. home buyers? Is the internal Austin market so strong that it supports itself or is it relying on a mix of outside investment to keep it going. Since these are new builds don't the buyers who are financing these units get the interest rate at the time the unit is actually move-in ready? These rates will be considerably higher than last spring. Or does the delay rate lock only apply to single family homes? I do not know the workings of the system.
From what I'm told, it was mostly local buyers, with a 35% cap on investor sales. Correct on rates not being locked until completion.

Old Posted Aug 5, 2022, 4:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agsatx88 View Post
Not sure what is going on with the Modern. It doesn't appear that they have even finished digging the hole yet there is no heavy equipment on site. Actually, the site looks almost entirely deserted and it looks like they have put some rebar down on the sidewalks in preparation to re-pour them maybe? Doesn't seem like something you would do at this early stage of construction on a 650 foot tower. Hope I'm wrong but this doesn't give me a good feeling on this one.

Swung by today. Concrete has been poured for the sidewalks. There was construction equipment and trucks parked on the new sidewalks. They were actively working on shoring/cementing the walls of the excavated pit.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2022, 1:47 AM

Old Posted Aug 15, 2022, 4:18 AM

So is the height of 602’ on the diagrams wrong, or is it the 658’ that is incorrect?

Old Posted Aug 15, 2022, 5:11 AM
Meh

I would have to see the elevations that show it at 658 feet. I may have them on my other computer that is down at the moment. I can edit the diagrams/database page with the new heights if someone posts the 658 foot elevations.

Old Posted Aug 15, 2022, 9:56 AM

This project has had multiple changes, and they are documented in this this thread. The 602' height was after the hotel portion was dropped after the Pandemic started, and those elevations were posted in August 2020. The project later increased in floor count and height to 658', and those elevations were posted in December 2021.

Things will be great when you're downtown.

Old Posted Aug 15, 2022, 5:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The ATX View Post
This project has had multiple changes, and they are documented in this this thread. The 602' height was after the hotel portion was dropped after the Pandemic started, and those elevations were posted in August 2020. The project later increased in floor count and height to 658', and those elevations were posted in December 2021.
Thanks, I always look through the thread before asking questions and I somehow missed the post where you shared the drawing with the 658' estimate.

Old Posted Aug 18, 2022, 9:16 PM

Drove by today. Pier drilling rig was in the pit working. Workers were tying rebar for the piers. Lots of activity on site.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin