HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions

Old Posted Nov 18, 2021, 8:20 PM
disneypilled verhoevenist

[QUOTE=montréaliste;9454356]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Centropolis View Post
sounds like st louis. i watch the early news every morning to wake up with a very early bird toddler and its always a car on fire on the arch steps or a car driving so fast it launched into the air on to someones roof. or fire trucks or police cars colliding.

Wow. How did that thing get up there, Centro?
the news report said “launched off a hill,” lol.

Old Posted Nov 18, 2021, 9:58 PM

What I fear the most here in Paris is being run over or beaten by an angry, enraged motorist.

I love cycling Paris cause it's such an interesting and pretty city. But I've got a stupid vice to it. I use a device called an odometer that tells me about the distance I cycled, my average speed and so on.
It often pushes me into going faster at any cost, because I like and can't help it. I've had a number of arguments with people, whether drivers or pedestrians because of it, and sometimes it was my fault, I must admit.

Sometimes, I leave the odometer at home and say - I'm just going to bike in a relaxed way.
But again, I like speed. I can't help it.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2021, 4:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyRising View Post
Philadelphia...that 30 years of slow moving progress goes down the drain and it's the 1970's Philly all over again.

I was in the city today and it just still feels off because of the pandemic and the graffiti is starting to get out of control. Some of it can be very artful and cool looking but the tagging crap is not that.
Its very Jekyll and Hyde if you ask me. There has been an uptick in crime and general unruliness in places like Center City. On the flip, development keeps spreading and spreading and spreading.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2021, 8:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boisebro View Post
Sharks.
In Boise they would be land sharks, right? You'd have to have seen SNL in the 1970s to understand.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2021, 4:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousquet View Post
What I fear the most here in Paris is being run over or beaten by an angry, enraged motorist.
Being hit by a car while biking is probably my biggest fear as well. I actually have been hit by a car while biking in the city, so it's not without reason. I wasn't injured that time, but it shook me up a lot. I was in the bike lane when it happened, so I pay a lot more attention to where bike lanes are placed in relation to traffic and I just assume that drivers aren't paying attention.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2021, 9:25 PM
All man. Half nuts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliNative View Post
In Boise they would be land sharks, right? You'd have to have seen SNL in the 1970s to understand.
yep, I was born in the 60s, so I remember the original SNL skits.

and now I'm craving a candygram. not sure why.

but let's face it... if Boise is able to be attacked by sharks, we're ALL doomed.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions