HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

Old Posted Aug 18, 2019, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry King View Post
The developer is LCOR, not Buccini Pollin. BPG will own/operate the hotel which is being renovated and rebranded as a Marriott, LCOR will own/operate the apartment building. There will be some shared amenities between the buildings, which is apparently still being negotiated between the companies.
Just wanted to update -- looks like work on the conversion of the hotel from the Sheraton Society Hill to Marriott Old City is almost over, Clemens is the GC. The "new" hotel is operating while renovations takes place in other parts of the building. But the reviews thus far are very solid on hotel/travel sites.

So does this mean that construction for the tower will be starting very soon?

Old Posted Aug 18, 2019, 12:34 AM
Philly Rising Up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawnadelphia View Post
Just wanted to update -- looks like work on the conversion of the hotel from the Sheraton Society Hill to Marriott Old City is almost over, Clemens is the GC. The "new" hotel is operating while renovations takes place in other parts of the building. But the reviews thus far are very solid on hotel/travel sites.

So does this mean that construction for the tower will be starting very soon?
The photo above is the renovations of the existing hotel since it has changed brands. Renovations have been happening since Spring until now.

I haven't seen any activity on the corner where the high rise is proposed. I'm there pretty often and can provide a status update as soon as any indication of work begins.

Old Posted Oct 13, 2019, 1:37 PM
Philly Rising Up!

^
Any legal updates? It's a by-right build, but the NIMBY Old City neighborhood association sued and I think it's above the Court of Common Pleas now in their appeal process.

Last edited by iheartphilly; Oct 13, 2019 at 1:56 PM.

Old Posted Oct 13, 2019, 5:27 PM
Your 2016 AAC Champs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartphilly View Post
^
Any legal updates? It's a by-right build, but the NIMBY Old City neighborhood association sued and I think it's above the Court of Common Pleas now in their appeal process.
??? Didn't the NIMBY Old City neighborhood organization go defunct a couple of years ago after their frivolous suit happiness made them lose their insurance? This seems more like the work of the NIMBY Society Hill organization to me...

Who knows but that, on the lower levels, I speak for you?’ (Ralph Ellison, Invisible Man)

Old Posted Oct 13, 2019, 6:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammersklavier View Post
??? Didn't the NIMBY Old City neighborhood organization go defunct a couple of years ago after their frivolous suit happiness made them lose their insurance? This seems more like the work of the NIMBY Society Hill organization to me...
It is. Paul Boni. And this parcel is in Society Hill. The Southern side of Walnut and south of that (till hitting Queen Village) is Society Hill. I don't know the status of any appeals as to this, though.

Old Posted Oct 13, 2019, 7:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbrook View Post
It is. Paul Boni. And this parcel is in Society Hill. The Southern side of Walnut and south of that (till hitting Queen Village) is Society Hill. I don't know the status of any appeals as to this, though.
The civic assocation dropped their appeal though the Towers owner association hired Richard Demarco to appeal the common pleas court decision to commonwealth court. Just a matter of time here, the nimby's don't have a real case.

Old Posted Oct 14, 2019, 1:36 PM
Philly Rising Up!

^^^
Thanks for the update, all!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals