HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #21  
Old Posted Oct 24, 2019, 5:17 PM
mcgrath618's Avatar
mcgrath618 mcgrath618 is online now
Exhausted Drexel Student
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: University City, Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 1,591
This project was approved for a construction permit on the 7th:
https://li.phila.gov/#details?entity...0S%2012TH%20ST
__________________
Philadelphia Transportation Thread: http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=164129
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #22  
Old Posted Oct 25, 2019, 5:35 AM
Raja Raja is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 21
They've just about finished vacating all of the stores from the retail spaces at the 12th & Walnut garage, too.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #23  
Old Posted Oct 25, 2019, 12:19 PM
cardeza cardeza is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja View Post
They've just about finished vacating all of the stores from the retail spaces at the 12th & Walnut garage, too.
whats happening there? I thought only the 12th and sansom garage was being demolished.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #24  
Old Posted Oct 25, 2019, 5:37 PM
summersm343's Avatar
summersm343 summersm343 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 12,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardeza View Post
whats happening there? I thought only the 12th and sansom garage was being demolished.
12th and Walnut will also be demolished and two highrise towers will replace it. One office building, and one residential building. It's the next Phase of the "East Market" development.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #25  
Old Posted Oct 25, 2019, 5:54 PM
jsbrook jsbrook is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Bala Cynwyd
Posts: 3,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
12th and Walnut will also be demolished and two highrise towers will replace it. One office building, and one residential building. It's the next Phase of the "East Market" development.
?? Isn't that 12th and Chestnut? 12th and Walnut is a garage next to 1213 Walnut. https://www.google.com/maps/place/12...!4d-75.1606651 I know of no current plans for it. The 12th and Chestnut East Market project is a different garage that is coming down.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #26  
Old Posted Oct 25, 2019, 5:59 PM
mcgrath618's Avatar
mcgrath618 mcgrath618 is online now
Exhausted Drexel Student
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: University City, Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 1,591
Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
12th and Walnut will also be demolished and two highrise towers will replace it. One office building, and one residential building. It's the next Phase of the "East Market" development.
You're getting your cross streets confused, Summers.
__________________
Philadelphia Transportation Thread: http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=164129
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #27  
Old Posted Oct 25, 2019, 11:32 PM
summersm343's Avatar
summersm343 summersm343 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 12,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgrath618 View Post
You're getting your cross streets confused, Summers.
Oh boy! You're right... wrong intersection. I thought he said 12th and Chestnut. Soooo... wow... is 12th and Walnut being redeveloped as well?????
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #28  
Old Posted Oct 26, 2019, 1:16 AM
jsbrook jsbrook is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Bala Cynwyd
Posts: 3,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
Oh boy! You're right... wrong intersection. I thought he said 12th and Chestnut. Soooo... wow... is 12th and Walnut being redeveloped as well?????
Not that I know of. But that should definitely be next/soon!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #29  
Old Posted Oct 26, 2019, 7:25 PM
Raja Raja is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 21
I am not aware of anything happening at 12th & Walnut, but there’s been a clear push to get the retail tenants out. Starbucks moved across the street, Masala Kitchen is moving across the street, the cleaners on 12th is closed, the clothing store on Walnut is closed.... If nothing else, they’re at least renovating.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #30  
Old Posted Oct 26, 2019, 8:35 PM
jsbrook jsbrook is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Bala Cynwyd
Posts: 3,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja View Post
I am not aware of anything happening at 12th & Walnut, but there’s been a clear push to get the retail tenants out. Starbucks moved across the street, Masala Kitchen is moving across the street, the cleaners on 12th is closed, the clothing store on Walnut is closed.... If nothing else, they’re at least renovating.
Not sure this is an extrinsic push from the owner. The old cost space is far better for Starbucks. New tenants have moved in, such as the medical marijuana store.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #31  
Old Posted Oct 28, 2019, 1:28 PM
Aaamazarite's Avatar
Aaamazarite Aaamazarite is offline
Cory Trevor Leahy
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Wash West
Posts: 507
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbrook View Post
Not sure this is an extrinsic push from the owner. The old cost space is far better for Starbucks. New tenants have moved in, such as the medical marijuana store.
I wouldn't be surprised if the medical marijuana store expands through the whole floor. I doubt the garage is going anywhere-- they just got that mural painted on it.

The garage could technically be considered historical since it's the largest remaining development from one of the city's only female developers of the 20th Century, Goldie Hoffman. It might be her last Center City one once the small retail building on the 2000 block of Chestnut goes down.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #32  
Old Posted Oct 28, 2019, 3:50 PM
cardeza cardeza is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaamazarite View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if the medical marijuana store expands through the whole floor. I doubt the garage is going anywhere-- they just got that mural painted on it.

The garage could technically be considered historical since it's the largest remaining development from one of the city's only female developers of the 20th Century, Goldie Hoffman. It might be her last Center City one once the small retail building on the 2000 block of Chestnut goes down.
they have been repairing that garage for the last few years- its not going anywhere.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #33  
Old Posted Oct 29, 2019, 4:04 AM
Raja Raja is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaamazarite View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if the medical marijuana store expands through the whole floor. I doubt the garage is going anywhere-- they just got that mural painted on it.

The garage could technically be considered historical since it's the largest remaining development from one of the city's only female developers of the 20th Century, Goldie Hoffman. It might be her last Center City one once the small retail building on the 2000 block of Chestnut goes down.
Re the medical marijuana store -- that could very well be what's happening. They've definitely consolidated a couple of the raw spaces, it looks like.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #34  
Old Posted Oct 29, 2019, 1:11 PM
jsbrook jsbrook is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Bala Cynwyd
Posts: 3,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja View Post
Re the medical marijuana store -- that could very well be what's happening. They've definitely consolidated a couple of the raw spaces, it looks like.
It'd probably be good for that store to move or expand into the Walnut Street side. I do hope this garage is eventually redeveloped. I find it to be an ugly one, even though they attempt to liven it up with modern art paintings on the upper floors. And the plot seems large enough to include parking and maybe even a lot of that underground in the right project. But, like everyone said, it's going to be awhile.
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 3:37 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.