HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Old Posted Mar 9, 2015, 6:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post
All by car. The location has no rail or anything of that sort. Its right by the edge of the metro or right by the Everglades.
Yeah! they need a metrorail extension from downtown Miami or someplace else. I think they will be extend from Sun Life Stadium to the new mall via Miami Gardens Dr.

Old Posted Mar 9, 2015, 2:34 PM
BANNED

lol public transit in florida? maybe once all the boomer repubs down there die off.

Old Posted Mar 9, 2015, 2:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanrule View Post
lol public transit in florida? maybe once all the boomer repubs down there die off.
Miami-Dade county is heavily democratic.

Old Posted Mar 9, 2015, 3:54 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

He might be thinking of Northern Florida which is mostly Republican and the headquarters is in Tallahassee. But the civilized portion, S.Florida, is making great strides in mass transit. Florida in general is overhauling its whole system. Much more than other states. While sprawly, at least it needs to get credit for trying and attempting to get a statewide rail system. ABF when finished will most likely see a big spike in development across the rail line. Commuter towns and whatnot.

Old Posted Mar 9, 2015, 5:04 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanImpact View Post
Miami-Dade county is heavily democratic.
pretty much every city in the country is dem, but the burbs are setup to have disproportional voting power.

Old Posted Mar 9, 2015, 9:09 PM

Old Posted Mar 9, 2015, 9:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busy Bee View Post
They should roll this into the PortMiami megaproject. Then you'd have something!
The Port of Miami doesn't have 200 acres for a project of this size. Besides the Port even rejected the David Beckham proposal for his MLS stadium due to traffic concerns and space.
This project is so tacky to begin with and the only kind of skiing Miami should have is the water type! If you want to go snow skiing go where there is real snow!
Besides I have a friend who lives in the area and the traffic is already horrendous to begin with.This is better suited for Orlando than northwest Miami which is almost on top of the Water Conservation areas & the Everglades immediately to the west.

Old Posted Mar 9, 2015, 10:15 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Largest Mall In America Will Also Include Residential And Hotel Units

Quote:
American Dream Miami, the mega-mall proposed west of Miami Lakes, will also include a residential and hotel component.

Developer Triple Five, which built the Mall of America in Minnesota, released renderings and plans which show at least two luxury hotel buildings, along with condominiums. The number of hotel rooms and residential units was not released.

The mall is expected to become the largest in the U.S. It will exceed Triple Five’s other projects ‘in all respects,’ the developer said. Mall of America currently holds the title as the largest mall in America.

The developers are also promising to build an indoor ski slope that will be the world’s largest.

Other project components include:

Water ballet fountains, similar to Bellagio Las Vegas
A ferris wheel tall enough to see the ocean
A 16-screen theater
An indoor waterpark and beach
A skating rink
A submarine ride and aquarium with a live reef
==============================
http://www.thenextmiami.com/index.ph...d-hotel-units/

Old Posted Mar 9, 2015, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eleven=11 View Post
anybody think crazy politics could stop what looks
like a good project??

Old Posted Mar 9, 2015, 11:33 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Raquel Regalado is unknown. A school board official isn't going to stop anything, much less something supported by the mayor. Too much money to be made for this to be stopped by some officials over concerns of "hospitality" and "retail based jobs".

Something that could stall this is the economy, but things seem to be going well for now. As long as its good and the region is booming, this has a very real possibility of happening.

Old Posted Mar 11, 2015, 9:14 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

News of the mall made the WSJ: http://www.wsj.com/articles/move-ove...ami-1426021357

Found this interesting...

Quote:
Whether Miami can support such a large amount of new retail space is a question. Some brokers say Miami’s retail market is strong and that while e-commerce has put a damper on retail growth in other locales, Miami has been little-affected.

That’s in part because of population growth. According to the Miami Downtown Development Authority, Miami’s downtown population alone has doubled from 40,466 in 2000 to 80,750 in 2014, and it is forecast to hit 92,519 by 2019. More broadly, the entire county grew to nearly 2.5 million residents in 2010, according to Census figures, from just over 2.25 million in 2000.

Old Posted Mar 12, 2015, 1:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post
News of the mall made the WSJ: http://www.wsj.com/articles/move-ove...ami-1426021357

Found this interesting...
I'm just trying to figure out what the population of downtown Miami has anything to do with this project!

Old Posted Mar 12, 2015, 2:25 AM
My Mind Has Left My Body

Do Southeast residents really love to spend this much time indoors? I mean I know that the summers can be oppressively hot and nobody likes the unpredictable mid-afternoon rain showers but I just can't relate. If I lived in Miami I think the last place I would want to do the much of my shopping would be indoors. I can understand something like this in Detroit, Boston, or Chicago but Miami? Just don't get it.

Old Posted Mar 12, 2015, 2:28 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdreamz View Post
I'm just trying to figure out what the population of downtown Miami has anything to do with this project!
They probably used it as a segway into transitioning to the growth in the region. Essentially more people, more growth and flow of capital, better odds for such a project because the local economy is doing well. Local economy being the region of course, not just downtown Miami.

Old Posted Mar 12, 2015, 2:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomarandlee View Post
Do Southeast residents really love to spend this much time indoors? I mean I know that the summers can be oppressively hot and nobody likes the unpredictable mid-afternoon rain showers but I just can't relate.
In a word yes. Now that I have kids I end up going to malls alot as a way to kill time in the middle of the day. It's the heat and the rain yeah, but it's also bugs and the sun in the summer. I can't spend more than 20 minutes outside without getting burned. We still do a lot of outdoor stuff, but you need a break sometimes, especially in the middle of the day.

Old Posted Mar 12, 2015, 3:06 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomarandlee View Post
Do Southeast residents really love to spend this much time indoors? I mean I know that the summers can be oppressively hot and nobody likes the unpredictable mid-afternoon rain showers but I just can't relate. If I lived in Miami I think the last place I would want to do the much of my shopping would be indoors. I can understand something like this in Detroit, Boston, or Chicago but Miami? Just don't get it.
yeah they laze about a good bit, eat too much sugar, and get the diabetes.

in the northern cities you listed, people needed to do stuff to stay warm, instead of sitting on the porch sipping sweet tea.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2015, 3:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickell View Post
In a word yes. Now that I have kids I end up going to malls alot as a way to kill time in the middle of the day. It's the heat and the rain yeah, but it's also bugs and the sun in the summer. I can't spend more than 20 minutes outside without getting burned. We still do a lot of outdoor stuff, but you need a break sometimes, especially in the middle of the day.
Yeah, they are always rains, rains, more rains for every day. That's too much!!! Too tired of them!!! Too many Hurricanes out there. We won't be in Florida anymore.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2015, 11:12 AM

is there a update on the NY/NJ mall??
that thing has been empty for years......

Old Posted Mar 17, 2015, 1:49 AM

American Dream Miami mall proposal faces first vote Tuesday

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/loca...e14705198.html

Quote:
IF YOU GO

Miami-Dade County Commission meeting

Stephen P. Clark Government Center

111 NW First St., Miami

Meeting starts at 9:30 a.m. Members of the public may speak for two minutes at the beginning on any topic before the commission.
They will have to vote by tomorrow morning. There is meetings at Government Center in downtown Miami. Hopefully they will be approved and also, they will extend the metrorail service from Palmetto Station to the new mall.

https://twitter.com/XavierLSuarez1/s...61775295590400

Quote:
On Monday, Commissioner Xavier Suarez released his proposal for Triple Five to help fund an extension of the county’s Metrorail system the 10 miles between the mall site and the Palmetto station.

Old Posted Mar 17, 2015, 3:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldrsx View Post
Have fun with that. West Edmonton Mall, their first major mall project, was ripe with promises.

Also, that waterpark picture is a poor photoshop of ours.
I also lived in Edmonton when Triple five built the West Edmonton Mall (largest mall in North America at the time). What a disaster x5! Most of the promises made were just a big joke, not to mention that once the easy work was done they pulled out leaving taxpayers with the bill to finish off what was started. All I have to say is get ready for big disappointments!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development