HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions

Old Posted Jan 14, 2022, 3:10 AM

I hope the search for the origin doesn't get conveniently memory holed though. Dirty sea food market or weapons lab fck up?? That part of the story still makes this thing a future liability. Also psychos in Portland continue to smash windows? Are you retail districts still being ransacked?

Old Posted Jan 14, 2022, 7:01 AM

Quote:
Over 700 employees self-isolating due to COVID-19, says Community Medical Center
by Peter Lopez
Wednesday, January 12th 2022

FRESNO, Calif. (FOX26) — Community Medical Center has announced that hundreds of hospital employees are self-isolating due to exposure to COVID-19. The Center also mentioned that a large percentage of those checked into Community Medical hospitals with COVID are not vaccinated.

According to CMC, 717 community hospital employees are self-isolating due to being exposed to COVID-19 and many of those are at home as they wait for COVID test results to come back.

Of that 717, however, 690 employees are COVID positive.

“This reflects how contagious the Omicron variant is to the public and how important it is to be vaccinated, wear a mask and socially distance,” said Senior VP and System Chief Medical Officer, Thomas Utecht, M.D.

CMC says, just in the last week, 280 patients have checked into community hospitals with COVID-19 and 71% of those individuals were not vaccinated against the virus. This, Utchet says, along with other uncontrollable issues, has put a strain on local hospitals . . . .
https://kmph.com/news/local/over-700...d-19-says-crmc

Old Posted Jan 14, 2022, 10:33 AM
A gruff individual.

Location: Greenville, SC - "Birthplace of the light switch rave"
And then there were 3 people left, out of an office of 11, still well enough to work. At this point coming to work feels like Clue (the one with Tim Curry), or one of those Agatha Christie mysteries where the weekend guests at the English country estate keep getting picked off.
"To sustain the life of a large, modern city in this cloying, clinging heat is an amazing achievement. It is no wonder that the white men and women in Greenville walk with a slow, dragging pride, as if they had taken up a challenge and intended to defy it without end." -- Rebecca West for The New Yorker, 1947

Old Posted Jan 14, 2022, 1:01 PM
The City

Quote:
“This reflects how contagious the Omicron variant is to the public and how important it is to be vaccinated, as well as how abysmally useless, harmful, and wasteful mitigation measures have been and continue to be. wear a mask and socially distance,” said Senior VP and System Chief Medical Officer, Thomas Utecht, M.D.”
^ Fixed that quote

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4W...lUKB1w8ED5bV2Q

Old Posted Jan 14, 2022, 3:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hauntedheadnc View Post
And then there were 3 people left, out of an office of 11, still well enough to work. At this point coming to work feels like Clue (the one with Tim Curry), or one of those Agatha Christie mysteries where the weekend guests at the English country estate keep getting picked off.
Are any of your colleagues really not well enough to work? Or are they just required not to come to work as a matter of policy?
There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Old Posted Jan 14, 2022, 4:13 PM

Are we still pretending covid matters ?

2 years has not yet dissuaded you?

5 million deaths over two years. Wake me up when a plague kills 5 million a day. That would be a story.

Rage on

Old Posted Jan 14, 2022, 4:20 PM
Dryer lint inspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10023 View Post
Are any of your colleagues really not well enough to work? Or are they just required not to come to work as a matter of policy?
If you have Covid at my job, you get a two week paid vacation. Doesn't count against any sick time or PTO. Not too shabby.

Old Posted Jan 14, 2022, 4:53 PM
Ex Houstonian

^
Man, that's a sweet gig, Id say I have rona every 2 weeks.

Old Posted Jan 14, 2022, 5:13 PM
The City

The more we test, the more we hinder the economy. Period.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4W...lUKB1w8ED5bV2Q

Old Posted Jan 14, 2022, 8:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post
Are we still pretending covid matters ?

2 years has not yet dissuaded you?

5 million deaths over two years. Wake me up when a plague kills 5 million a day. That would be a story.

Rage on
Sick puppy.

Old Posted Jan 14, 2022, 8:22 PM
Ex Houstonian

^
Worldwide 140 million people are born, and around 57 million die each year. 5 million for the whole world really isn't that big of a deal. Sorry.

Old Posted Jan 14, 2022, 9:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
Sick puppy.
Our society is to freaking weak. Sorry but the world crippled itself over a moderate dangerous raspatory illness. It was idiotic and incredibly destructive to all of us and it all did nothing see omicron variant.

I know people that died, im sorry but it still does not justify what we did over covid.

Toughen the F up. I cant imagine what would happen if we had a real crisis, Jesus I think our civilization would simply collapse outright.

Old Posted Jan 14, 2022, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the urban politician View Post
The more we test, the more we hinder the economy. Period.
I'm not sure who is in charge of the narrative right now. Its like herding bipolar cats. The governor in Oregon didn't make any new mandates yet the school teacher's decided to collude with one another and shut down the schools. All the governor candidates for the fall election want them open, the city isn't bringing its ppl back to work either and 1/2 of downtown is zombieland. Its peak bizarre. At least when they were rioting ppl were downtown. Its just hobos and a few straggler tourists rightnow.

Old Posted Jan 14, 2022, 10:23 PM
Resu Deretsiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post
Our society is to freaking weak. Sorry but the world crippled itself over a moderate dangerous raspatory illness. It was idiotic and incredibly destructive to all of us and it all did nothing see omicron variant.

I know people that died, im sorry but it still does not justify what we did over covid.

Toughen the F up. I cant imagine what would happen if we had a real crisis, Jesus I think our civilization would simply collapse outright.
Yet there you are complaining and unable to deal with restrictions.
Toughen up and tighten that mask.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2022, 5:43 AM
devout Pizzatarian

Covid is full of surprises.

Omicron vectored into our household via my son.

He had a potential exposure at his basketball league, and after he become symptomatic, we got him tested and sure enough he was positive. Then myself, and then my wife, came down with symptoms too - fever, sneezing, sniffles, body aches, etc.

But my 7 year old daughter, who has asthma and who was hospitalized on 5 separate occasions as a toddler with bronchiolitis because of her narrow and easily infected airways, absolutely nothing. Zip. Zilch. Nada. Not a single sniffle!

Now we're all fully vaxxed, so it's not at all shocking that one of us remained completely asymptomatic throughout our family's little dance with the omicron, but it's still just so odd that my little girl was the one who skated on through 100% symptom-free. Given her medical history, she woulda been the absolute last one that I would've bet on.

Last edited by Steely Dan; Jan 15, 2022 at 2:53 PM.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2022, 6:38 AM
Ex Houstonian

^
Just another reason as to why all of the restrictions and masking have been pointless. I would surmise that most in Chicago wear masks everywhere inside, pretty sure its needlessly mandated there again (however I could be wrong). And yet, anyone other than the elderly unvaccinated get mildly sick and don't need to be hospitalized. Not really a big deal.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2022, 7:53 AM
He/his/him. >~<, QED!

In labor and delivery now (for who knows how many hours), they are definitely a bit short on nurses. We'll see how sleeping with a KN95 on goes lol. At least I'm not the one laboring...

Old Posted Jan 15, 2022, 7:56 AM
Birds Aren't Real!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIGSEGV View Post
In labor and delivery now (for who knows how many hours), they are definitely a bit short on nurses. We'll see how sleeping with a KN95 on goes lol. At least I'm not the one laboring...
Hang in there and best of luck to you both (but especially her)!

Old Posted Jan 15, 2022, 3:49 PM
devout Pizzatarian

SIGSEGV, good luck to you and mama and baby!

Old Posted Jan 15, 2022, 5:25 PM
Fourth and Main

A family member in the Chicago-area has COVID-19 and is on oxygen, but not a ventilator. He gave a ride to a friend who was sick and now all five people in his household have it, but he is the only one in the hospital. I'm guessing he is around 45-50 years old, with pre-existing conditions? Everyone in his house was careful, wearing masks and avoiding big crowds. He wasn't vaccinated and was concerned the vaccines weren't tested enough to know if they are safe. Yes, after a year! They are safe! Get vaccinated!

Others in the family are very angry at him for not getting vaccinated.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions