HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Transportation & Infrastructure

Old Posted Aug 9, 2019, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by makr3trkr View Post
for years the left turn delayed green southbound didn't even turn on, even with a line of 30+ cars
Pretty sure it's programmed to turn on only during certain times of the day like rush hour, but I don't know why you would program it like this. Makes zero sense.

Old Posted Aug 9, 2019, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeredheads View Post
Pretty sure it's programmed to turn on only during certain times of the day like rush hour, but I don't know why you would program it like this. Makes zero sense.
It was 6:30-8:30 in the AM, southbound rush, for years, never saw it turn on once, 20 cars in line

Should have complained

Old Posted Aug 9, 2019, 1:33 PM

I think it would be a really great service if Google provided traffic flow solutions to Cities. They have all our data from our Android phones so know how many cars are on the road and where we go. Combine that with them controlling our stop lights then we can have lights that are at the appropriate colour at the appropriate time

Old Posted Aug 9, 2019, 5:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nds88 View Post
I think it would be a really great service if Google provided traffic flow solutions to Cities. They have all our data from our Android phones so know how many cars are on the road and where we go. Combine that with them controlling our stop lights then we can have lights that are at the appropriate colour at the appropriate time
Do you mean Waze's Connected Citizens Program?

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Transportation & Infrastructure