HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Dec 21, 2011, 3:20 PM

Last edited by thefourthtower; Jun 10, 2013 at 6:33 PM.

Old Posted Dec 21, 2011, 4:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
There are definitely more announcements to come, but I do not believe this Walmart rumor for a minute.
A simple search on the net shows that Genco does contract work for Walmart. Maybe the source has his facts mixed up?

Old Posted Dec 24, 2011, 4:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golks View Post
A simple search on the net shows that Genco does contract work for Walmart. Maybe the source has his facts mixed up?
Actually GENCO contracts for Canadian Tire. This info. is coming from a friend of mine in commercial real estate.

Old Posted Dec 25, 2011, 5:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by micheal View Post
Actually GENCO contracts for Canadian Tire. This info. is coming from a friend of mine in commercial real estate.
That is nice. Genco does contract work for lots of companies including Walmart. This info is coming from several websites on the internet. Merry Christmas.

Old Posted Jan 28, 2012, 2:48 AM

`

Last edited by thefourthtower; Jun 10, 2013 at 5:44 PM.

Old Posted Jan 28, 2012, 3:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefourthtower View Post

REGINA — A B.C.-based company is investing $60 million to $70 million in Saskatchewan by purchasing four specialty grains and pulse crops processing facilities and building two more plants in Regina and Saskatoon later this year.

Earlier this month, ILTA Grain Inc. of Surrey, B.C., announced the acquisition for an undisclosed amount of four specialty grain and pulse facilities from Parkland Pulse Grain Co. Ltd. of North Battleford, effective Jan. 15.

The acquisition, made through its subsidiary ILTA Processing Inc., includes two facilities in North Battleford, and one each in Swift Current and Cutknife.

The 45 employees of Parkland will join ILTA staff, the company said in a press release. Parkland Pulse Grain group of companies were started by Cyril Fransoo, a pioneer in the western Canadian specialty crop industry. His son, Gilles Fransoo, will join the new company, the release said.

“The Fransoo family started the business 24 years ago and we’ve been involved with them in a number of ways over the years,’’ said Dan Burneski, president of ILTA Grain. “(The Fransoo family) decided it was time to make arrangements for retirement, and we saw it as an opportunity to acquire the company.’’

In fact, the acquisition marks a return to the province for ILTA, which was formed last year by Burneski and Gerald Donkersgoed. The pair managed the specialty crop export firm, Finora, until it was sold by its Hong Kong owners, Noble Group, to Alliance Grain Traders of Regina in 2009-10. Finora had operated four specialty grains plants in Saskatchewan and Alberta, which were acquired by Alliance Grain Traders.

ILTA also has plans to expand its operations in the province with two new plants in Regina and Saskatoon. “We’ll be building in each location a new modern, efficient facility for processing specialty grains and pulses for human consumption for export all over the world.’’

Each plant will have about 250,000 tonnes a year of processing capacity and will cost about $15 million to build, Burneski said. Each plant will employ about 15 people.

Both plants will be located near major rail lines, including the Global Transportation Hub west of Regina. “We’re well along in the process of acquiring the land and hope to start construction in the summer,” Burneski said. “It takes eight to 12 months to complete each one, so they’ll be ready in late 2012 or early 2013.’’

Burneski said he looks forward to competing with Alliance Grain Traders, the publicly traded, Regina-based company headed by Murad Al-Katib, which is the dominant pulse and specialty crop processor in the industry.

“We’ve been in this business for 25 years,’’ Burneski said. “We’re not afraid of them at all.’’

bjohnstone@leaderpost.com

© Copyright (c) The Regina Leader-Post

Read more: http://www.leaderpost.com/business/I...#ixzz1kiWzoIe1
Another tenant for the GTH!
More big announcements to follow this year.

Old Posted Jan 28, 2012, 6:12 PM

so this pasta mill will be the second one built out at the GTH? alliance grain trades were the first company to commit to building a 50-60mill pasta processing plant, were they not? I wonder if this will create some competition in the business now?

Old Posted Jan 28, 2012, 6:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougler306 View Post
so this pasta mill will be the second one built out at the GTH? alliance grain trades were the first company to commit to building a 50-60mill pasta processing plant, were they not? I wonder if this will create some competition in the business now?
Or will it be a pi&*&ng contest where they both end up with wet noodles.

Old Posted Mar 19, 2012, 3:30 AM

CP Yards

Some of the support buildings for the CP yard were recently tendered. These aren't large buildings but will be home to some maintenance personnel and some office staff. Also some entry kiosks and other support structures. Hopefully this is tracking for CP to be moving out of the Dewdney Avenue location by early 2013.

PS - If you've driven out there lately you'll notice that the earthwork contractor (Hoban Equipment Ltd.) has lots of signage on the security fencing. It just features there logo (with "HEL" printed on it)...and apparently some of the staff on the project have been referring to this area as the "GATES TO HEL(L)"

Old Posted Apr 12, 2012, 1:36 PM

Corporate video on Global Transportation Hub.

http://www.thegth.com/the-gth/corporate-video/

Old Posted Apr 12, 2012, 7:06 PM

Not sure if that video is new, but here is a quaterly 2012 news report off thier webiste and i also think they have one new picture of the loblaw facility in the photo gallery but not 100% sure

http://www.thegth.com/wp-content/upl...pgs_032812.pdf

It mentions that the faciltiy is above schedule of more than 5 years and that there will be new tenates joining the GTH in 2012

Old Posted Apr 14, 2012, 4:52 PM

-

Last edited by thefourthtower; Jun 10, 2013 at 5:48 PM.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2012, 5:28 PM

Here are some pictures I took last month but just recently figured out how to post to forums.(I hope)
...there has to be a simpler way....

Old Posted Apr 15, 2012, 8:07 PM

My friend and I are planning to fly to Regina from Saskatoon sometime this summer. I will make sure we fly over the GTH and get some good aerial shots!

Old Posted Apr 15, 2012, 9:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Regina_Boy View Post
My friend and I are planning to fly to Regina from Saskatoon sometime this summer. I will make sure we fly over the GTH and get some good aerial shots!

Yeah, the captain a personal buddy of yours?

Old Posted Apr 16, 2012, 12:55 AM
Transit Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beadyeyez View Post
Here are some pictures I took last month but just recently figured out how to post to forums.(I hope)
...there has to be a simpler way....
1) post on Facebook
2) use direct URL in [IMG][/IMG]
3) go crazy!

Old Posted Apr 16, 2012, 1:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cebubu View Post
Yeah, the captain a personal buddy of yours?
Sure is!

Old Posted Apr 16, 2012, 1:27 AM
Hmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by armorand93 View Post
1) post on Facebook
2) use direct URL in [IMG][/IMG]
3) go crazy!

He could also grab the direct link from imageshack instead of the thumbnail forum view (since he is already using imageshack).

For example:

Old Posted Apr 16, 2012, 4:28 PM
#1 King Champ

Does anyone know the timeline or or know a link to the document which indicates when Pinkie road will be extended to connect with Hwy 11?

Old Posted Apr 16, 2012, 6:49 PM

here's the link to the construction schedule.

http://www.highways.gov.sk.ca/adx/as...e=detailed.pdf

here is the link for the design

http://www.highways.gov.sk.ca/adx/as...ileddesign.pdf

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan